Xenogears And Other Squaresoft PS1 Classics Coming To PSN In North America [12/29]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linnaete

sus
Staff member
Editorial Staff
Veteran
Gil
Andre the Adamantoise
Chocobo Egg
Accessory (Head)
Accessory (Arms)
Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
fxgwer.jpg

We report about Square Enix PS1 games popping up on PlayStation Network in Japan all of the time. This time the news is for North America.

Threads of Fate, Vagrant Story, Legend of Mana, and (a personal favorite) Xenogears are on deck for PlayStation Network.

The ESRB rated all four games for PSP and PlayStation 3 with Sony Computer Entertainment America as the publisher. When the ESRB pegs SCEA as the publisher they mean these games will be released as downloadable PSOne Classics in North America.

Source: Siliconera

This has made me happy. Always was waiting for the day this would get out of the japanese psn and come over here. I love anything Xeno and Xenogears was just a brilliant game. Now I know what Ill spend my psn card on :ryan: As for threads of fate.. it does look interesting and I shall look into it. :yay:

i hope europe gets these games.... i always wanted to try the classic ps1 games and my psp needs some new games :D

I've been noticing that they're starting to release more and more PS1 games onto the PSN.

I mean, I like the idea because some people don't have access to a PlayStation so as long as you have a PS3, you can also get titles of PS1 games as well. That or a PSP :hmmm:

Pretty awesome :D

YES!

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes..! XenoGears, XenoGears, XenoGears..! ♥

The other titles look stellar too, but XENOGEARS! I've been waiting years to play this game, and now it seems I can ;A;

Xenogears?! That's awesome news! I'm a huge fan of the Xeno series, so i'll definitely check this out. I'm excited for Threads Of Fate too, but I already have a hard copy of it. XD

i can FINALLY play xenogears. happy day indeed!

Mod Edit: Try and expand on this post a bit more please, otherwise it is considered a spammy post in a post count section. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel so mixed up about this atm, because I don't have access to PSN right now, but I'm sure it will be a great thing in the long run :D I have yet to play Xenogears, and as part of the Xeno series it is definitely at the top of my list <3 Can't wait to get access to PSN now.

YES!

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes..! XenoGears, XenoGears, XenoGears..! ♥

The other titles look stellar too, but XENOGEARS! I've been waiting years to play this game, and now it seems I can ;A;

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis.

Especially considering trying to find a copy of Xenogears for PSX that's under $100 is nigh unto impossible, this is awesome.

Now if I can just manage to scrape enough cash together to be able to, you know, afford a PS3. -__-

I never played Xenogears...what is it all about lol..As much as I like PS1 classics put up on PSN, I never actually play them through after purchasing..

Like FF8 and FF9 for instance..played them for few days..couldnt be bothered to play anymore..[sadface]

Iam ashamed to tell this ,but...I cant stand pixelated graphics anymore..Im not loyal anymore to the oldskool..

Its like Im a spoiled brat that only wants Kandy-Sugarcoated Graphics nowadays...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back