Not open for further replies.

Six

𝗦𝗼𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘂𝗱𝗲 *★.• ·
Staff member
Admin Support
Social Media Team
Veteran
Gil
What schedule would you guys prefer for the writing competitions?

1. Monthly
2. Bi-Monthly

Going for monthly on this. As much as I would like bi-monthly, I honestly don't think I'd have the time for it. A lot of us have jobs, other obligations, etc. Some of us have a lot of extra writing we do on the side. Monthly would be fair for those of us that are a bit too busy. However, my concern with monthly is, for example, let's say in February we get to the writing competition and the theme is "love" or "valentines day". For some of us, that's a competition we're not exactly going to be jumping to get in on. So if we do end up going for monthly, I'd rather like it if the theme never hit that point. However, others think differently, so I can easily see where the argument for bi-monthly can be made.

All in all, I'm really fine with either, but since monthly would work best for me, I went with that. I ain't picky, though.

I have to go with monthly here. I feel like two months is just too much time and people will forget. But I'll do whatever.

:hmmm: I'm good with either, really, but monthly would at least be a good way to start this.

Monthly makes the most sense but I voted bimonthly for purely selfish reasons because I have a lot of projects going, haha.

I think if we do it every other month then they're too far between. It needs to be done semi-regularly so that people are more aware of it.

I guess that monthly might be best to start with.

People aren't forced to enter, so if people are busy then they don't have to enter the competition for that particular month. However, those that do want to enter a competition and do have ideas that they'd like to use shouldn't be forced to wait for two months.

Monthly it'll be (every 4 weeks).

I will be taking the same schedule SOTW has with this to avoid any issues. Basically entries have to be in on a Friday, the voting goes up on a Saturday (monthly, obviously :lew:) This way it gives people some wiggle room. Sending entries in a few days in advance is obviously always preferred. Though, I think doing it this way, I can rest assured I have all the entries come Saturday evening for example.

I'm leaning towards leaving the voting up for two weeks. Would you guys prefer a month? :hmmm: Again, allowing it too long may end up with it being forgotten too, but I don't mind throwing in a reminder every now and then if it stays reasonable.

Again, when it comes to monthly or bi-monthly, we can always adjust when we're more comfortable. Don't forget that. Same goes for the voting. ;)

I'm working on writing up some general guidelines, and I'll be looking into having a sub-forum for the writing competitions. Thinking about creating a hall of fame where the winning entries will be displayed. Still trying to decide what would be neater, a separate thread for each story or a thread where each story has its own post. Hmmm decisions, decisions.

Edit: Perhaps we can also promote these to CMS.

I'm leaning towards leaving the voting up for two weeks. Would you guys prefer a month? :hmmm: Again, allowing it too long may end up with it being forgotten too, but I don't mind throwing in a reminder every now and then if it stays reasonable.

Again, when it comes to monthly or bi-monthly, we can always adjust when we're more comfortable. Don't forget that. Same goes for the voting. ;)

I'm working on writing up some general guidelines, and I'll be looking into having a sub-forum for the writing competitions. Thinking about creating a hall of fame where the winning entries will be displayed. Still trying to decide what would be neater, a separate thread for each story or a thread where each story has its own post. Hmmm decisions, decisions.

Edit: Perhaps we can also promote these to CMS.
Two weeks is more than fine for judging, I'd think. It's not overly long for this.

Personal preference would say, as far as winning entries, that they receive their own threads - and if it's decided upon, then a CMS promote.

I think two weeks is more than enough to get anyone that wants to vote to vote.

As far as a CMS promote, I will leave this up to the FF Mods/Admin.

It's not up to the FF mods. :lew: Staff just decides what they wanna promote for their section, really. So if it's good content, it's a go. :D That's why I suggested it, cause I don't know if you guys would like to have your work promoted like that.

oh well I don't mind personally, but I guess you can always just message the winner if they want their stuff on the CMS, and see if it is ok with the staff :elmo:

If we do have separate threads though, it might start to look quite messy. Presumably there'll also be a further thread where people actually cast their vote as well? It seems like adding a lot of cogs to the wheel to me

No, that would be a pain in the arse I'm not willing to commit to. I think that'd also discourage people to vote... Click threa. Click thread. click thread... No. :lew:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back