Would you like to see a remake/spinoff to this game?

I'd prefer a remake maybe on the DS, to go along with the current trend of release for the games that never made it to the west. Making it on a next gen console wouldn't be half bad either. I mainly would just love to hear a voice on Terra and Locke, as with the others.

I don't think spin-offs would be good, though. I mean, the only one I would want to see is the War of the Magi, and only just to give more insight into the current story.

I don't know; I'm never a big fan of spin-offs. Or sequels, unless they're warranted. And I think FFVI closed up nicely.

Yes to both a remake and a spinoff... This and ffvii are the only two final fantasies that are worth remaking, this game with ps3 graphics would be amazing...

I also feel of all the final fantasy games in history this one needs a spinoff the most.. I'm so confused with what happend after beating kefka I don't know what to do.. Something must be done!

I'd want a remake, but I'm afraid what SqueEnix would do to it if it comes out on a console. Terra will have blonde hair and her trance form will look like some sort of cat-girl. I'd rather have it on the DS, like FF4.

I'd want a remake, but I'm afraid what SqueEnix would do to it if it comes out on a console. Terra will have blonde hair and her trance form will look like some sort of cat-girl. I'd rather have it on the DS, like FF4.

The intelligent and possible option is certainly a remake for a portable system (clearly the preference goes to DS instead a PSP). Although the amazing graphics on PS3 (my console) and XB360 would turn the title to an amazing new level. Hard to imagine a fantastic game like FFVI in the structure of FFXIII (and with the option of 3D, just imagine your eyes would definitely shine *_*)

FFVI definitely deserve a remake. It's one of the most epic Final Fantasy and it needs more attention from Square. Since the 3DS is coming soon, I wouldn't be surprised if they remake it on that system. Matrix software did a really good job with FFIII and FFIV and I'm sure they would do the same with FFVI.

Imagine the world destruction scene or the opera scene in 3D....:awesome:

The intelligent and possible option is certainly a remake for a portable system (clearly the preference goes to DS instead a PSP). Although the amazing graphics on PS3 (my console) and XB360 would turn the title to an amazing new level. Hard to imagine a fantastic game like FFVI in the structure of FFXIII (and with the option of 3D, just imagine your eyes would definitely shine *_*)

I don't know much about game development but I dont see why not??..........I mean SE just seem to be remaking and creating spin-offs for FFI-V for only the PSP and DS.

I mean there could be a slight time difficulty (e.g. FFVI kinda has two worlds world of balance and world of ruin) but if everything else stays the same (like towns and places) why not...........A PS3 FFVI remake would in my opinion be more like than a PS3 FFVII remake..........but if we ever do see a PS3 remake for any FF game it would be FFVII won't it..........I think SE are blind to see how good FFVI was, I bet if it was released on PS1 people would of liked it more than FFVII. And instead of a rumoured PS3 FFVII remake it would be a FFVI remake.

Now I'd like to see remake of VI better than VII. Kefka was probalby most original villain in whole FF series. It would awesome to see it would look like on ps3. I can imagine better graphic on VII fpr ps3 but for VI... :)

A remake would be nice, but it would be a lose and a blow to the game if they decided to "spice" things up or change things. As someone said before, Terra's hair blond (GARR! :O), Terra not having a sword like they have done in Dissidia, scenes change, dialogue is destroyed, story is altered (When Dissidia came out, it said "100" years after the War of Magi!!!) or maybe even...try to morph it into another FF title.

If they remake if, I just hope they don't damage it. Its a lovely game the way it is story/character wise. We only want to see a graphics update and maybe more dungeons -- nothing else! T.T

DS remake please. Like the ffiv one.

Mod edit: Please add more to your posts, as posts such as this one could be considered spam and deleted. Thank you. :3

Last edited by a moderator:
A remake.... Maybe... if they keep most of it the same...and dont try to add a bunch of worthless crap...

a spinoff.... No No No...and NO! Why not?

Cause this is probably one of the last FF games that wont get a spinoff that almost destroys the game.... And it had an ending that was...Complete... There is no need to expand on this story any farther... I guess you could try to go into the past...but then if they remade the game they would have to explain past events..and quite frankly...Id rather not see them destroy this game...

So simply... Remake I'm all for it... Spinoff NO!!!

All VI needs is a remake on the ps3 ahahha as for prequel or sequel I can't really see one happening since the story kind of says it all and everything is explained and it ends perfectly.. However itnwoul be nicentonsee an hd movie for it

They should make it into a tv series. There are enough plot points for them to do so. they could even make it two season if they wanted too. one for each part of the game.

Not really. As far as I can tell, the game's end was quite a fulfilling closure to the game's storyline. An anime series is probably a better move, more so with some fans likely to pay to watch - at least there's a niche audience, and possibly some of the general public that might take interest.

Er, given animes' tendency to exaggerate scenes (speaking as an anime fan here...) I am doubtful an anime adaptation would do the game justice. Consider the scene when Cyan's family passed away. The adaptation would most likely have him do a cheesy Mournful Scream and, in effect, decrease the scene's poignancy, I think.

I would like a remake though, if it's done faithfully to the original game ^^ Though I would rather that there's no voice acting in it.

How would you guys like the remake: 2D or 3D? Super-deformed sprites or full-sized a la FFX onwards?

I would prefer much more serious graphics than the Nintendo handheld systems. I feel that chibis or DS graphics would ruin the game's feeling. Graphics like FF12 would be absolutely perfect for Final Fantasy VI. And if they really wanted it on a handheld, PSP would do fine. They could even go in between and give it Dissidia graphics.

lol, such a perfect game doesn't need remake.

I'd be okay if there was a remake (plz not DS, cuz I don't have one!), i'd be very interested on seeing this game with more actual graphics and all, and i'd be so pleased to see Kefka's animated sequences (oh, I imagine most of his scenes with great sadism and evil oozing from his demented persona... or what's left of it), though I won't be expecting to see as much blood as I'd like. For voice acting, I'm totally okay with that, I want them to surprise me, but still, I wouldn't mind if they just added some slight sounds like moaning and yelling and gasping...(kinda like zelda games).

And I also embrace the idea of some sort of anime adaption for FFVI, if it was well-developed and all. It'd be awesome to see it with the quality of Fullmetal Alchemist (anybody noticed the small and curious resemblence between the Elric brothers with Edgar and Sabine? xD)

Despite its immense popularity, Squenix seems to have no solid plans for FFVI as they clearly don't anticipate making lots of $$$$ from it. They've already squeezed every last cent they can out of VII and IV with awful spin-offs and sequels and prequels, let's hope they don't rape VI in the same way. It's perfect just the way it is. Maybe just an HD remake with slightly improved original graphics would suffice. But then it all comes back to how much money they can make off that. To me the Advance port was just great. Leave it at that.

All FFVI really needs is a HD remake on the PS3 or the 3DS, because the story is wrapped up nicely so it only needs a remake, not a spinoff.

Back