Which is your favorite job within the series?

Which out of the few are your favorite jobs within the series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sora_lion_heart

man of the shadows
Veteran
Gil
We have all played a final fantasy game and most are familiar with the "job" system within many of the titles. Final Fantasy 1 had a total of 6 jobs giving a great replay value since you could only pick four to go through at once. These jobs were Knight, Monk, Thief, Red Mage, White Mage, and Black Mage.

In Final Fantasy III they brought back the Job system and introduced many new jobs including, Freelancer, Knight, Dark Knight, Dragoon, Ninja, Summoner, Black Belt, Bard, Ranger, Scholar, Geomancer, Viking, Evoker, Magus, Devout, Sage and Onion Knight. This game was not released outside of Japan until August 24, 2006.

In Final Fantasy IV we had characters specifically given a job in which they used at their best. These Jobs were, Dark Knight, Paladin, Dragoon, Summoner, Sage (Tellah), Bard, , Monk, Black Mage, White Mage, Engineer, Ninja and a Lunarian.

Again in Final Fantasy V the job system was selective and the player could assign jobs to the characters. Each Character could also choose to use skills they have learned through previous jobs. The jobs in this game were, Freelancer, Knight, Monk, Theif, Black Mage, White Mage, Blue Mage, Red Mage, Time Mage, Summoner, Berserker, Mystic Knight, Mime, Beast Master, Geomancer, Ninja, Ranger, Bard, Dragoon, Dancer, Samurai, Chemist. In the Advanced version of the game (gameboy advanced) they were four more jobs added :) which were, Necromancer, Cannoneer, Gladiator, and Oracle. This is by far one of the greatest highlights of final fantasy V.

In Final Fantasy IX they again had set Jobs for characters much like in Final Fantasy IV. The difference was that in IX you learned abilities from equipment. The characters in Final Fantasy IX had the following jobs, Thief, White Mage/Summoner, Knight, Blue Mage, Black Mage, Monk, and Dragoon.

Final Fantasy XI did something different with jobs very much like Final Fantasy V. The player could have 1 main job, and a secondary job to fit the player to his or her likings. There were many jobs and the list goes like this, Warrior, Monk, White Mage, Black Mage, Red Mage, Thief, Paladin, Dark Knight, Beast Master, Bard, Ranger, Samurai, Ninja, Dragoon, Summoner, Blue Mage, Corsair, Puppetmaster, Dancer, and Scholar. Some of the jobs were hidden and required the player to achieve a goal or side mission to obtain.

In final fantasy XIII they completely changed the names from previous titles and gave all new roles a player can be in. These roles are Commando, Ravager, Sentinel, Saboteur, Synergist, and medic.

Final Fantasy XIV also like many final fantasy games had a job system to fit the likings of the player. These jobs were, Archer, Gladiator, Lancer, Marauder, Pugilist, Sentinel, Conjurer, Thaumaturge, Fisher, Botanist, Miner, Alchemist, Amrorer, Black Smith, Carpenter, Culinarian, Gold Smith, Leather Worker, and Weaver. As you can probably tell the job system is much different as they are actually based on creating/making things.

The Job system stepped out in final fantasy II, VI, VII, VIII, X, and XII. In those games everyone could learn every ability bar overdrives and Yuna's ability to summon. Some would agree that the jobs still stayed strong in limit breaks or ways you could build your character. Anyways thats the list of all the previous jobs in Final Fantasy. If you are only familiar to a certain final fantasy and I missed the option on the poll please select other and post which one and why. I did not mention any of the final fantasy Spin offs or non numeral games, just the ones in the main series.

So if you like any of the jobs systems I have put the common ones up. So far the job system of final fantasy has been strong and true to most of the titles. I have much enjoyed each job in certain games, Knight in FFI, Red Mage in FFV, Dragoon in FFIX, Summoner in FFX, and also love a lot of the spin offs that the Final Fantasy name is placed on.

I would love to hear your feedback and watch this poll to see which Job is in the eyes of the fans "The Best". :)

Last edited:
You really put quite a lot of effort into that post there, so I'd hate to not make a response with my vote.

I like Dragoon the best because I've always made great use of the Dragoons' unique abilities, as well as their fighting styles. They can really be a lot of fun.

I also find that Dragoon characters are often some of my favourites, as well as the styles they come with and the weapons that they use. They are the best dressed in my opinion.

I like the Ninja job. in FFV you get it pretty early, and to top it off the Dual Wield ability damned well comes in handy. Nothing like Dual Coral Swords to axe down the Gun Attatchments for the Earth Crystal.

Well for me it would be White Mage. I've always liked healing, I like to step back from the action and keep everybody alive from the sidelines and of course healing in Final Fantasy is a must have! Maybe not so much in the earlier games though.

I picked Summoner for the obvious display of show. They are often the key element to winning some important battles in FF3-10. I like it cause they are flashy and it makes me feel good that in the worlds the power to summon these "gods" is available.

I do feel like they have gimped the summons in FF12 cause well the game was made as a scavenger hunt. It wasn't really based as a final fantasy from the past and I've learned to respect it due to understanding it. They were trying something different which made it not typical but none the less a good game.

I would like to also note that none of these classes can work alone in my opinion. It is Final Fantasy's charm to have each class bond and help each other out. It is a part of the journey to work as a team and has given me great deal of accomplishment to work with all of them.

A white mage can not kill every enemy in the game just as a black mage would not last long enough without a curer. We've all found a balance and we all have our preferences. This topic was made to see what your favorite element was in the battling, curing, nuking, summoning, attacking, jumping, etc.

i said summoner, cause if i could really summon those monsters an they tried turning on me id give them a hell of a fight as a dark knight (fft job system) ... mostly cause they are very cool summons in final fantasy no matter the game

I've always been partial to the Monk class. Somehow it's just more satisfying to beat your enemies with your bare hands. My second favorite class is the Dragoon. Being able to make yourself immune to all damaging attacks for a turn and to come down and deal 2x the damage on the next turn is a boon, especialy against party wiping attacks.

One of my favourite classes was the Geomancer, from the FFIII remake. The terrain ability was pretty damned awesome, and whilst it was somewhat useless towards the end of the game, it carried me through most of it. Plus the Geomancer costumes make the wearer look like a eskimo :yay:

Of those listed, the Dark Knight is probably my favourite class. I always have a White Mage in my party, so the trade-off of health for additional damage dealt never mattered to me...unless I got very, VERY unlucky. Plus the armour is cool.

White mage, the ability to heal is always helpful. It's quite often necessary to be able to heal your characters in a fight, so that's why I like white mages, they're the ultimate defensive character. My second favourite would be a theif, having additional items is great.

Ultimately I'd like to be like Stella and be more of a sword fighter with some magic abilites as well.

However, based on the choices in your poll I went with a white mage. I like the how healers are so laid back and know their skills very well. Normally I wouldn't want to be a front-runner, busting out with "guns blazing" unless in the case I previously mentioned... but white mages don't have to do that. They are the backbones of their groups and they keep every one healed and status free and I think that would suit my personality the best.

I like helping people and I think the white magic is a bit more practical...for me anyways.

Dragoon, I have always Favored the Dragoon's fighting style over most others as I found that they can be a big help in some of the battles with the attacks they use and I like the weapons they use

Next would be the Dark Knight, I have always found a use for them on my team as they had some really strong attacks at the expensive of some of their life points but I was more offensive focused so I didn't usually have a White Mage in my party so I always waste a load of potions on them to heal their life so that was the reason why they are my second favorite class and not my favorite but they were always a great class to rely on to get me through a boss battle

My class of choice is the Monk class. Especially in Final Fantasy I. Monks have the highest hits in the game and you just keep casting Haste on them and they just destroy everything. I also like their abilities in the Tactics game. Monks can Revive, attack with angles and distance with their abilities and wallop with physical attacks.

A close second would the Thief class. I love to steal items in Final Fantasy games. It gives you that extra advantage to steal a cool item or piece of equipment early in the game. Plus, they tend to be the class with fast speed.

Ugh Tough pick!!

I love Thieves because they're fast and I love stealing from monsters for new and rare weapons.
I Love Knights for their Power and they look badass!!
Summoners, I don't really know why I like them, probably because i just enjoy using the summons...

But I guess my favourite is the Black mage! I never have a team without them, their magic is amazing and very powerful against most monsters. They're always wearing awesome outfits and I dunno, I just find them to be really cool and useful!

Thief, simply for the X-Fight ability in FFV.
Combine that with Magic Sword and Dual Wield? = YES PLEASE, FUCK YOU OMEGA.

I usually like theives most. They can get you some really good stuff that you can't find at a shop, and they're fast, so they can steal before the enemy runs away. Their attack power is decent too.

Other than that, I'd pick Dragoons. Their Jump ability is really useful when you need to keep them alive. Say your in a tough battle, and only your Dragoon is left. They can keep using Jump over and over. This can make it so enemies can't attack them AND the dragoon lands a powerful hit. I also like them in FFTactics because they have all the advantages of a knight, but can attack from 2 spaces away.

I love the summoner class the most. Summons are important in a lot of battles, and if the summons are element specific they usually do more damage than the same element of black magic.

I also really love watching the animations just to see how they come out when called, and what their moves look like. (This goes for all FF games,not just the newer ones with "prettier" graphics. I usually prefer the older animations to the newer ones. ^_^

I also like the Dancer class,especially in FFV, and the white mage class.

Red Mage. It feels great to be able to combo a sword slash with a bolt of lightning, or a ball of fire, and have that kind of versatility to heal and damagae with melee and magic.

Knights

I know that is probably the most generic class but they are awesome and always integral to my party.

Back