Which is better X or 12

Yeah, i prefered Final Fantasy 12 than 10. Final Fantasy 10 just never seemed to grip me in with the storyline and i plain disliked Tidus right from the beginning. Final Fantasy 12 on the other hand had a very enjoyable story, cool characters and a fun battle system that was different compared to other final fantasies.

12 game graphics are far better than 10. The stprylane of 10 has a deeper feeling, while playing it I laugh, cry, grunt, say 'what the hell?'. During 12 I didn't get to do all that. Well maybe I giggled a few times... The way Vaan is so dumb...
If Final Fantasy 10 and 12 would fuse together it would be the greatest video game ever made! In my opinion at least.

FFXII Was anoying at first with the licenses but when you get more into the game you kinda get used to the fact of the license stuff.

FFX had an amazing storyline, I was constantly on the edge of my seat playing it and the end was awesome. FFXII was alright, story was lacking a bit and I would have liked to see the kingdom of Rozaria have a more dominant role in the game. Maybe a scene of a huge battle between Rozaria and Archadia would have been pretty sweet. And the whole gambit system, yea Square should really scratch that idea and lets hope they never use it again. It was bad.

I say FFX. On FFXII there werent as great of mini games as FFX. Also the battle system for FFXII was very difficult to get used to having to wait to attack. FFX has turns to attack. I will admit it got kind of ridiculous but it was better than FFXII

My vote is for Final Fantasy XII.
Reasons Why:
1. Character design. I really liked the designs in FFXII, and I didn't really care for those in X.
2. The characters themselves. I liked just about every character in that game. Vaan was a watered down version of Tidus, so he was much easier to deal with. Balthier had some great lines, and everyone else was generally enjoyable.
3. The graphics. The graphics really won me over in that game. Instead of the characters looking like plastic, they looked like something out of an oil painting. Their emotions were much more visible, and allowed me to get into the story more.
4. The voice actors. The voice actors in FFX were really quite good. In FFX they seemed horribly miscast, or just sounded horrible. In FFXII, it sounded much more appropriate.

So, that's why I liked FFXII more than FFX. Although a lot of the reasons are aesthetics, it still made a big enough impression on me.

I'm leaning more on Final Fantasy 10.

I felt like FF 12 concentrated on making the graphics so brilliant (and it really is, no one can deny that!) but the storyline, for me, was a bit dull.
While FF 10's graphics are weak compared to FF 12's, the story had a little of everything. Deceit, Insecurities, Love, Truth, Lies, Laughter, Friendship, Rage, Justice, Injustice.. I really enjoyed it so much better than FF 12.

Heh, but I guess that's just me. :P

Hi im new to the forums so hey everyone.
whats this about the graphics.The graphics in XII where a lot better but thats cause it came out nearly 3 years after X of course they are gonna be better.
X was amazing for its time and it still has a better atmosphere than XII.
I still dont understand Vann.Throughout the whole game its like he is just doing all these things for fun and there is no transition in his character from when things go from playful to serious its like he does'nt even realise what exactly is going on around him.

I'll go with Final Fantasy X, for its storyline.
X-2, on the other hand, while its' okay too, i didn't quite like it in comparison to X.

Sure Final Fantasy XII is a lot of fun, but I enjoy Final Fantasy X more, I hate what they did to some of the old summons in FFXII. >_<

But in FFX, I can fight as Bahamut, that's pretty darn cool, and I've increased his HP by many thousands, while not increase the stats of other Aeons much, I have made a point of making Bahamut the strongest Aeon (excluding the Magus Sisters as a trio) by far.

I enjoyed Final Fantasy X more. Though the voice acting was hard to watch. lol

I wasnt so fond with the new gameplay they had in XII. Plus there were too much scenes.. IMO. =/

in my opinion i think XII is better because of its fighting system and the fact that instead of the world in jeporde it was where the main character lived

on the other hand X had a better story line with some of the swists like tidus's home being just a dream of wut it was or somethin like that its been a while ....X-2 wus unneccasry so i dont consider it apart of the franchise

I'm clearly late on the discussion, but I still throw in my own thoughts. I loved X a lot more. The story was very solid and imo that is the most important thing about a game. The gameplay for XII however was much more fluid and more entertaining. If they could add the two together I would be in video game heaven.

FFX the sphere grid pwned the License Board.

Annoyed me that first you need to buy a spell, then you'd be like yes! I can use this spell! but no, no you can you have to activate the LB square first! augh -_-

Doesn't exactly pawn it, I'm having trouble directing my non mage characters in unique directions. It's like, right, where can I go now?

XII, you can choose quite easily where to go, teach your characters whatever. Though it doesn't provide loads and loads of LP stuff, it's not as messy as the Sphere Grid.

I really like Liscense board. It reminded me of classic FF.

Mod Edit: Please try to put a little more effort into your post in future. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never liked the License Board, as I mentioned in the FFXII section. It was just a bad version of the Sphere Grid IMO.

At least the Sphere Grid invited the player to make the characters different, while the LP was just one small, bad thing that never got me interested.

Back