Which is better X or 12

Oh man, when you tell me my opinion is wrong, kinda reminds me of a comment someone made in another FFXII thread about how my opinion was wrong. I lol'd. Hard.

Learn to differentiate between voice actors and characters, because the bland stupid pathetic useless characters of FFXII are nowhere near as good as the characters of X.
The story for XII was not as entertaining or exciting as that of X, the story just wasn't as good. And please don't say 'but XII is more mature' because it isn't, having a story which is slightly political isn't mature.

I know the difference between voice actors and characters, hey my favorite VA is in FFX (John Dimaggio). I just don´t agree with the way some X characters see things and they are not appealing me at all. Tidus is stupid crybaby who cannot accept things as they are, he just complains about everything. Auron thinks being supermystery helps their cause. Lulu is too cold towards Wakka.

XII has great characters like Balthier, Fran, Reddas, Larsa,Al-Cid,Cid and Bagamnan or whatever was that lizard-guys name. And I like more XII type worlds than X.

Yes licence board has shitty abilities, sphere grid has shitty abilities and hey every FF-game has stupid useless abilities you don´t ever need. I mean who uses "sleep" and "confusion" attacks?

I know the difference between voice actors and characters, hey my favorite VA is in FFX (John Dimaggio). I just don´t agree with the way some X characters see things and they are not appealing me at all. Tidus is stupid crybaby who cannot accept things as they are, he just complains about everything. Auron thinks being supermystery helps their cause. Lulu is too cold towards Wakka.

XII has great characters like Balthier, Fran, Reddas, Larsa,Al-Cid,Cid and Bagamnan or whatever was that lizard-guys name. And I like more XII type worlds than X.

Yes licence board has shitty abilities, sphere grid has shitty abilities and hey every FF-game has stupid useless abilities you don´t ever need. I mean who uses "sleep" and "confusion" attacks?
There's a whole thread dedicated to the usefulness of sleep. also confusion is cool status to inflict on enemies,as they damage themselves and loose a turn.
How is Tidus a stupid crybaby?
He is dream ergo he isn't real, yet he realises this. Does he cry or complain? No he accepts it and he trys to comfort Yuna, even though he is about to stop existing.

Being supermystery? LOLWUT?
He is dead and doesn't want to disillusion the others about Yevon.
Lulu's lover died, she is allowed to be cold. Furthermore everytim she sees wakka she is reminded of chappu, and can't help but constantly compare them.
Also you not agreeing with characters doesn't make them bad.

How is Al-Cid great? He does nothing except show up and talk in a stupid accent.
Reddas is a gloryfied Pirate.
Fran is rabbit
Balthier is decent.
Bagamnam dies in the sandsea.

I got a good chuckle out of reading this lot :P

It annoys me when people bash the characters from X, they are probably some of the most "real" characters I've seen in all the FFs I've played. Tidus might be annoying sometimes, but he's a teenager, and at the beginning we are led to believe he was thrown randomly into this new world he doesn't understand. I think many 17 year olds would find that hard to take, and would kick off and whine just like he did. It's realistic. Also he grew up a lot throughout that game, and as Iago said, when he finally learned the truth about his existence, he accepted it and didn't whine, he dedicated himself to saving Yuna and Spira. Grrrr Tidus rant :wacky:

But back onto the topic, I did feel that although there was more flexibility with the license board in FFXII, it was really big and there were lots of pointless licences. Almost everything you learned in X had a point- even the status-inflicting abilities also did damage (Wakka anyone? He ruled), so if they didn't work you still got something out of using them. The status effects in FXII were very useful, but if they missed, you felt like you'd wasted your time casting them.

Both these games seemed to have the most level grinding for me, they are equal in that respect, you had to work hard. But I felt personally that with X there was more of a sense of achievement when you got the key spheres and unlocked the high level abilities. Plus they seemed to do more damage- Ultima was an amazing spell, whereas Scathe in FFXII was so-so, I could have done without the immense amount of time it took to cast that spell only for it to do as much damage as Scourge. Same with Holy, the Holy on X did a lot more damage (and looked more impressive :P)

I do really like FFXII, but X was much better for me IMO

Iago...

I suggest you play Revenant Wings. You'll soon find out why I suggested this :wacky:

And ssh about Reddas. That guy was badass.

I don´t get it why is it so horrible than Fran is bunny.
If I bad mouthed Kimahri for being hornless big cat you defend him calling him very well designed character who has lot of depht.

And so what if Bagamnan dies? Tidus fucking dies too and so does Auron.
It took forever to Tidus come more sensible, he is over 80% main story time very annoying arrogant brad. So if everybody dies around you, you are allowed to be bitch and then kill everyone. Yeah I think not, Lulu has no real reason to treat Wakka shitty.

Both Licence board and Sphere Grid are both pretty weak leveling systems, I-IX has a lot better ones.

I don´t get it why is it so horrible than Fran is bunny.
If I bad mouthed Kimahri for being hornless big cat you defend him calling him very well designed character who has lot of depht.

And so what if Bagamnan dies? Tidus fucking dies too and so does Auron.
It took forever to Tidus come more sensible, he is over 80% main story time very annoying arrogant brad. So if everybody dies around you, you are allowed to be bitch and then kill everyone. Yeah I think not, Lulu has no real reason to treat Wakka shitty.

Both Licence board and Sphere Grid are both pretty weak leveling systems, I-IX has a lot better ones.
You said fran was a good character, I never said anything about Kimahri.
It doesn't matter that you think not, I already provided you with reasons why she is like she is. It's not my fault that you ignore them.
Btw what is a brad? Since you obviously just counter everything I say with "SO FUCKING WAHT BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW I CANT SPEAK ENGLISH" There's little point you carrying on posting.
Does anyone else remeber the bit where Lulu kills everyone? I think not (did u see waht i did thar?)
Lulu isn't a bright happy person, but not everyone is, people have different personalities. Although personalities is something that characters from XII don't have.

I personally like the sphere grid, you may not. However, the fact that you obviously don't know what you are talking about rather voids your opinion.

I found personalities in each of the characters. I can't really understand why people say they don't.

Anyway, seeing as noone seemed to notice my previous post...

Warning - Do NOT read unless you have finished FFXII, including the Bagamnan hunt.

Ba Gamnan is NOT dead, he stays in your party for a while in RW, until he breaks free

I found personalities in each of the characters. I can't really understand why people say they don't.

Anyway, seeing as noone seemed to notice my previous post...

Warning - Do NOT read unless you have finished FFXII, including the Bagamnan hunt.

Ba Gamnan is NOT dead, he stays in your party for a while in RW, until he breaks free
I noticed it, you're not unappreciated:neomon:
I just don't have RW.

Penelo doesn't have a personality.
Vaan doesn't have a proper personality, he just wants to adventure.
Ashe is whiny
Balthier is cocky yet mysterious ( what a fucking cliche!)
Fran talks funny and has knowledge of magicite, and on occasion goes batshit insane.
Basch is the stupid moron who would gladly die for Ashe (another cliche)

Lulu never kills no one (except monsters) but it was example. I mean if your lover dies it doesn´t mean you can act like you want.

Kimahri was also example. I meant if I bashed him you would defend him for being very depth character even he is much stupider than Fran.

Tidus is brad and impatient is seen best when you are on a boat heading for Kilika. There he steals binoculars from a man he doesnt know and first he harasses that guy. I wouldn´t like to treated that way by some unknown guy.

What XII characters don´t have personality???
Penelo-hippie nature loving girl who doesn´t want to see anyone hurt.
Vaan-what is a proper nature, he wants to see world because he is poor he cant travel but now he has oppoturnity to see places.
Ashe- yes she is whiny bitch
Fran- so Fran knows stuff, wait Auron knows too and talks sometimes mysteryfunny, so he is bad character too.
Basch- he is soldier and real soldier are ready to die for what they defend. So it is cliche but what do you expect from a soldier?

Judge Julia is right. Every character have personalities, even in Doom 1, howcome, well in Doom 1 main character is you.

Lulu never kills no one (except monsters) but it was example. I mean if your lover dies it doesn´t mean you can act like you want.

From the beginning, Lulu was never missus Sunshine. If you played the game, she states that Chappu always said she seemed grumpy, but those days spent with him were the happiest days of her life.

Tidus is brad and impatient is seen best when you are on a boat heading for Kilika. There he steals binoculars from a man he doesnt know and first he harasses that guy. I wouldn´t like to treated that way by some unknown guy.
Well, it's an RPG. You always go into people's houses that you don't even know and take their shit out of their dressers anyway. :wacky:

I found that part quite amusing tbqh, he was just being a goofy teenager horsing around, annoying other passengers. That's what he does!!! It's not brattish (he didn't stamp his feet and cry because he wanted the binoculars he just jumped on the guy and teased him with them :P), it's immature but it fits his character at that point in the game, everything is still surreal to him and that's his way of dealing with it, by goofing off ^^

Meh, Tidus is so misunderstood....

What XII characters don´t have personality???
Penelo-hippie nature loving girl who doesn´t want to see anyone hurt.
Vaan-what is a proper nature, he wants to see world because he is poor he cant travel but now he has oppoturnity to see places.
Ashe- yes she is whiny bitch
Fran- so Fran knows stuff, wait Auron knows too and talks sometimes mysteryfunny, so he is bad character too.
Basch- he is soldier and real soldier are ready to die for what they defend. So it is cliche but what do you expect from a soldier?

Judge Julia is right. Every character have personalities, even in Doom 1, howcome, well in Doom 1 main character is you.
They aren't personalities:ffs:
They are archetypes.
Auron is a character with a background and a personality. He is serious, reliable and trustworthy as well as loyal. He is so loyal that continues to exist after his death and fufills his promises to Jecht and Braska. I could continue but I cba.

It's not as if he pulls a knife on the guy and tells him to give him the binoculars. He grabs for fun. He doesn't harass the guy at all.

You can see from that guys face that he didn´t like that some random guy comes and grabs his binoculars. It would be different thing if they knew each other but if you were on a sight seeing trip and then I would come and grab your binocular, I think you would be angry.

Auron is no different than Basch. Both are loyal and do what they have promised to do. Basch has background too. He was young man who joined army and he was good soldier since he was promoted. Oh and he has evil brother.

XII is just better all way than X except in music. Much more gaming than X has and if you say X has better sidequests, then I have to ask how collecting 10 of each monster from each region is fun? Or riding chocobos to get right time? I´m more enjoyed by doing hunts and getting rare treasure from dungeons.

There were only 3 reasons why I liked FF10.
1. Blitzball - I spent countless hours playing blitzball.
2. Auron - He is the epitome of cool.
3. Lulu's boobs - pretty self explanatory. (I am reminded of a thread dedicated to the subject.)

FF12 was just an all around awesome game. I liked everything about it. FF12 > FF10

Very good post, I completely agree with you that Reddas, Al-cid, Larsa and Cid were great characters, what I can't stand about the game is that they were not used to their potential. For hours playing the game I was dreaming about Fran, Penelo and Vaan being replaced by Al-cid, Reddas and even Montblanc.

You can see from that guys face that he didn´t like that some random guy comes and grabs his binoculars. It would be different thing if they knew each other but if you were on a sight seeing trip and then I would come and grab your binocular, I think you would be angry.

I kinda see your point although you can't really tell if he's angry or not. He doesn't exactly try to get them back does he?

XII is just better all way than X except in music. Much more gaming than X has and if you say X has better sidequests, then I have to ask how collecting 10 of each monster from each region is fun? Or riding chocobos to get right time? I´m more enjoyed by doing hunts and getting rare treasure from dungeons.

The problem is that while people are saying why they disagree with you on whatever points you make you instead of just accepting that just bash aspects of the other game which achieves nothing since it wasn't brought up beforehand.

I was just adding stuff that comes into my mind, I always forget to put all in one post.

I think biggest problem with people hating XII is that they expected it to be another X just better graphics. Some characters look very similar so they were expecting another Tidus loves Yuna. Hey even I was surprised how they turned out to be and I was positive.

And of course bash because i have experience that bashing helps getting things through.

Bashing another game to defend another does not help in the least. Also anything you (or any other XII fans) say about XII isn't going to make anyone turn round and go 'you know what? You're right'. Some just didn't like the game for whatever reason whether it was the characters, story, battle system, levelling up system or whatever and don't look at it as a particularly good game. I'm all for defending your game but to an extent most of the comments made are justified and it's only someone else's opinion, does it really affect your enjoyment of the game?

I like both games equally, FFX has the better story imo though FXII has the better gameplay.

Back