What level were you when you beat story?

Mitsuki

Veteran
Gil
Chocobo Egg
Chocobo Egg
Barry the Behemoth
Accessory (Arms)
Build-A-Member
Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
So what level were you when you beat the story?

And out of curiosity, are you the type to rush through the story then do sidequests towards the end, or do you take your time and really explore as you go?

I haven't beat story yet (still in Chapter 4) so I'll come back to the actual topic later, but I've done a ton of sidquests/hunts so far. That's how I normally play my games anyway...I treat it as a long journey. I have this mentality that once I beat story, that's it. No more going back to do other things - I simply move on to other games. New Game+ means very little to me.

Still doing some other side content but I was lvl 71 with Noctis and 68 with everyone else or maybe 70. But I did loads of hunts and side quests till I decided to go on with chapter 9. I did mostly everything I could till then so most of what's remaining is what open up after you beat the main game like it's bonus dungeons and such.

Here's my certificate:

SZ2KI6hl.jpg

I was curious about the story, so I definitely leaned more towards it. But, I did do my fair share of hunts and sidequests during the original playthrough. Obviously, though, after beating the game, I'm all about those side quests and hunts - especially the ones that only open up post-game.

I beat the game at the grand ol level of 45 or so for Noctis and 40ish for the bros. I'm usually the type to take my time during a story, doing side quests pretty evenly but I was caught off guard completely by chapter 9 where the open world gets locked off from you so I had to commit to the ending unfortunately. There was technically a warning but I didn't read it completely so this was probably my bad, I figured you'd leave and come back hahaha. I didn't know you could return and everything was happening so fast throughout each chapter so I went ahead and beat it. Now I got nothing but side questing and am up to level 85 or so with Noctis with the bros trailing behind at 70 something.

I beat the game at the grand ol level of 45 or so for Noctis and 40ish for the bros. I'm usually the type to take my time during a story, doing side quests pretty evenly but I was caught off guard completely by chapter 9 where the open world gets locked off from you so I had to commit to the ending unfortunately.

Oh, I had no idea! Thanks for the tip! I'm in Chapter 4 now but I think that's a really short chapter so probably might hit Chapter 5 tonight.

I finished it at 29 hours and I was level 41 ish. I did a TON of sidequests but obviously not 80 or anything. I'm thinking something around 35 or so before I completed it. I explored a lot and found every dungeon including the post game ones by myself. The story is short and if you think that is all there is to the game it might be over quicker than you know it. The good news as you already know is SE is focused on fleshing out the story and changing it up by making important characters playable as a "long term" goal. It will probably take ages before this is implemented but at least you'll have something to go back to eventually! I am the type that enjoys taking my time with everything but the story is way too short that i'd almost say I completed it on accident :lew:

i did a pretty good number of sidequests before finishing... glad i did because i feel like
chasing whatshisface really put a damper on the game. like god i wanted to fucking kill him so bad. i just wanted that mother fucker to die. i didnt do anything else until i got sealed up in a rock and I was like oh well hey i guess this is like the last chapter of the game.

Oh, I had no idea! Thanks for the tip! I'm in Chapter 4 now but I think that's a really short chapter so probably might hit Chapter 5 tonight.

It's not actually true that you get locked off from the open world at Chapter 9. It does get more linear, but you can go back to the open world at any time, using an option at places you sleep at.

Level 88, but I pretty much did everything else, including killing that fucking Adamantoise, before I did the final chapter.

I get annoyed if there's loads of quests left to do in my questlog...

Just short of level 60 for Noctis.

During the first few chapters I was practically doing as many sidequests as possible, fetching and slaying for every dopey resident and their mother, while actively fighting daemons at night, imperial troopers on the side and taking on as many hunts as I could. A lot of it consisted of tedious trekking and busywork, but I'm kind of used to it in video games, and it suits my natural tendency to be as meticulous as an OCD as possible. I started blitzing through the story after that as I only had a short, finite time to play.

Boy, they weren't kidding. The actual story itself is short as heck and can race by like a blur when you decide to skip the crap and focus on it. They constitute a laughable fraction of the total number of hours you can easily put into the game.

I was level 52 the first time I beat the game, I was already 99 by the tiem I started new game plus though.

I have since discovered I have missed a missable recipehhhhh though v_v So i might just start again and smash through the story to get it lol

Dogtag%20Bambi2.png

I don't recall the exact levels but my party averaged 35 :P

I partly blame the game for that though--I encountered way more bugs than the average player seems to, and one of them is that I received only two sidequests after level 10. Maybe I just missed something horribly, but I talked to every NPC I could, checked in with the local bartenders, etc. and still only got one sidequest at level 15-ish and one at 30. Not very helpful for leveling :hmmm:

Back