[V6] What are you currently listening to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Take your caution,
Or take your chances.

In the Air Tonight by Phil Collins.

It was trending the other day because some people for some reason have only just discovered this. I shouldn't need to explain why this is great (the slow, aetherial build up and an excellent finish - I guess that explains part of it), but it has also been used in some great scenes in films and trailers. I will never forget the Cadbury advert with a drum-playing gorilla. That is part of my life now.

My Genesis concert has been rightly postponed to next year too. Hopefully it doesn't get cancelled altogether, but one day I might see Phil Collins and the band (of his later era's line-up) perform live.

kinda sad watching this video again after what happened to beirut :sad:

Reactions: Six

If anyone has noticed the home page today then they'll know why this has been in my head a lot lately. I'm not usually able to do anything substantial at the same time as listening to music, but It was quite relaxing working on it with this in the background.

Whilst Bono is a arrogant, egotistical wankstain... This is one of the many, many classics U2 have. For context, here's what they're referring to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Sunday_(1972)

U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday

Next is the quintessential 70's song (it's 69, I know), the typical "someone falling apart" song. It'll always be powerful to me.

The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter.

To function as a chaser to those two pints of intensity, here's a song that reminds me of a relaxing, peaceful day drinking a beer out in the Sunshine.

Generationals - Put a Light On

A sad but beautiful song. Sometimes you don't need words you can understand in order to convey emotion.

No youtube link, amazing song, though.

'Mon the Biff! Love the new album; definitely would have been a third live concert on the cards were it not for pandemic.

• Love

From a period in the late 90s when Ray Wilson temporarily stepped in as the lead singer. This period was very brief (one album) and is seldom remembered or appreciated (most people think of either Peter Gabriel or Phil Collins instead of the younger Ray Wilson and his background in grunge) but it did produce some good songs.

To think that everything that's dear to me
And is always in my heart
Could so easily be taken
And it's tearing me apart
Going over and over in my mind

I relive it one second at a time.

Depressing lyrics but quite relatable to people for a Genesis song.

Melody in my head all day. Something about this ending reminds me of watching anime when I was a little kid. Just a bit nostalgic.

Only the one! So, whatever the song title suggests, it's basically about being a Labourite being horny for a Tory - even though you disagree with their POVs and general grounds, they got that bomb... Bed game?

Anyways, it's misleadingly innocent and whimsical; it's a duality I really quite like!

1597868461734.gif

Okay that Pikachu gif is awesome! He’s even following the beat of that track!

I used to listen to this a lot several years ago. I don't even know why because I don't really dance. And certainly not safely when I have been forced/coerced into it rather awkwardly.

I swear to God, I never fall in love!

But then she starts to cry,
Everything is turning to black,
All in one night,
She just went to heaven and back.

Your solitude is welcome, welcome.
Your attitude is welcome, welcome.

All you see is red lights behind me,
Maybe this isn't what you wanted, baby.
I don't blame you falling backwards,
No one's ever quite confused you this way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back