[V5] What are you currently listening to?

Kings of Leon - Notion

One of their best songs off the album. His voice is just so sexy in this song. The slow drum and guitar are really different and I just love it.

Seems I always have some kind of Kings of Leon playing at some time during the day. They're too good to pass up.

In the Presence of Enemies, Pt. 1: Prelude/Resurrection - Dream Theater

Truly a masterpiece. The way they craft stories that flow well with the music is just amazing. It's definetely one of their best songs.

Jane's Addiction - Jane Says

Brilliant song. The vocals are the main highlight, it's one of them sing-along songs. Despite only consisting of two chords the, guitar work is quite good. It is mostly responsible for keeping the rhythm going. One thing which I really like about the song is the use of steel drums which provide a nice melodic overlay. I saw them play this song live a few months ago and it was just beautiful.

Oomph- Labrynth

I just found out they had a new album with their previous songs but then in english. It's really weird to hear them sing in English now as I am used to the German version. I still think the German version is better but this is good as well. They only forced some extra words in it.

30 Seconds to Mars -
2jfj6tc.jpg

Just a great song that carries the sound of how they use to be. This is by far my fav song off of the album. It's actually pretty epic, too. Shannon's drumming is awesome, and the guitar is sick. It sounds just like their A Beautiful Lie songs.

Absolutely perfect.

10/10

Reactions: Six
Dissidia Final Fantasy Extra OST - FFXI - Awakening.

I really like how the tune of this song changes drastically throughout, it keeps ongoing with a very good tune to it, after I heard it fully through in Dissidia, I had to download it. :D

I don't play any online Final Fantasy games, but this music is excellent, so credit given where it is due, this is a good tune. :monster:

Rating: 10/10 (My ratings don't vary much, do they? :wacky:).

Alexandra Burke - Broken Heels

The song seems just really good since I started listening to it recently again. I love her voice in this and how it's all about female dominance. I don't seem to hear many of those kinds of songs nowadays. Nonetheless, it's really catchy and it's Alexandra in a football uniform in the video, which is quite eye-catching.

10/10

Arriving Somewhere, But Not Here - Porcupine Tree
One of my favourite songs by them. It's about 12 minutes long, and goes through a few different styles of theirs. It's pretty much the song that sums up the album. It starts off pretty creepy and chilling and turns into experimental prog rock song, then goes quite hardcore for a while. Good stuff.

Kelly Rowland Feat. David Guetta - Commander

It feels like the future direction of where dance music is going. I feel quite drawn towards it, actually. Kelly Rowland seems like she's finally found her feet under this genre and Commander is no exception from this. She's got such an amazing voice and I feel she has been often overlooked before. I'm glad she's teamed up with David Guetta again, especially since this is just as good as Love Takes Over. After a few more listens, I might actually like it better than that.

9/10

Show Out ~ by Roscoe Dash

Was lookin' up what other songs Roscoe came out with and saw he hasn't even released his first album yet, but he's done a few tracks with Soulja Boy on BET and YouTube, so I looked up this one and it's currently the one almost everyone here on base has playin' in their system.

Hellogoodbye - Here In Your Arms

Not the type of song i'd usually listen to, actually, I heard it on a video of a cosplayer showing how they 'changed into' the character. Not a big fan of cosplaying, but that's another story. :hmmm:
Anyway, I mentioned it to Jess on MSN and she said it was a decent song and sent it me, and now I can't get it out of my head. XD
Catchy song, and I like lyrics that have meaning as opposed to the things they're releasing these days.

Jesse McCartney - Bleeding Love

Downloaded this recently and love this just as equally as Leona's version, though I think the two are in completely different leagues from each other. I can't understand why his record label never released it. His voice is so heartbreaking. It's just like Leona piercing through your soul with the emotions.

10/10

Linkin Park- Crawling

Chester's Voice is so dominative, along with The Perfect sound the slight Rapping in that Rock sound really Helped it Out i find the Sound Quck,accelrating thru it and Perfect for the Meaning

Mod's Edit: Can you please elaborate on your post? What is it that makes the song the perfect song? Posts such as these can be classified as spam and be deleted next time. Thank you. =]

Last edited:
West Ryder Silver Bullet - Kasabian
One of my favourite tracks from the third album. It has an odd musical mix and match that seems to focus a lot on strings and synth.

Jordin Sparks - Tattoo

It's been a long time since I've heard this and it sounds so polished for someone so new as her. Love the lyrics and how you can get marked with a relationship like a tattoo. Jordin's got a really pleasant and powerful voice that I can't help, but feel is severely underrated in comparison to previous Idol winners.

10/10

Shayla - Blondie

Debbie Harry's vocal on this song is spotless. The lyrics are a little sparse, but they're wonderful. The band's playing is really tight too, but Debbie's the driving force behind the song, it's one of her best recorded vocals, in my opinion, it's just beautiful.

Give Me A Little More Time - Gabrielle

I really like Gabrielle, she has an amazing voice to listen to. This is one of my favourite songs of her's from her second album. I must admit I prefer her singles more than her albums, I think if I can listen to them more though the whole albums may grow on me like with other artists!

I really like how high pitched her voice goes in this song it seems to be a bit of a shocker, cos she doesn't normally sing high pitched notes!

Sistinas by Danzig

A pretty atypical Danzig track with a bit of an Elvis Presley vibe to it. it doesn't really sound like anything else off of III: How The Gods Kill, but it's a solid track none the less and one I find myself listening to quite often.

Christina Aguilera - Not Myself Tonight

It's a brilliant comeback for Christina. I think it's a very catchy song and a really great direction for her music to be going. Her voice doesn't seem to have changed all that much, but I definitely think this is going to become a classic in years to come.

9/10

Blind Melon- "No Rain"

I'm on a classic 90's kick right now, and what better song to listen to for that than this one? :awesome: It's upbeat, meaningful, and I always feel better after I listen to it :yay: Plus the video is great, I certainly felt like the bee girl as a kid (except I was made fun of for other kinds of outfits) and I love how she finds her place at the end. I really miss this era of music--the sound, the feeling you get from it, the low-tech yet awesome videos...I want the 90's back on the radio :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYlAwvz8uwc

Back