[V2] What are you currently playing?

Trying to squeeze Final Fantasy XII out before Pokemon comes out, but I'm not sure I'll be able to beat it by then. I only ever got an hour or so into the game in the past and never beat it, so I'm excited to finally get this one finished as well. I've seen a lot of mixed reviews over time but so far I'm actually really enjoying it. It's definitely not a 'golden era' type FF but I feel like I'm enjoying a real good older FF game for the first time in a long time... or something like that.

Also playing Okami again, but only because I got it on sale and hadn't played it in forever. Very charming game, but probably going to end up on back burner until I get a few of these other games I started up finished. I really enjoy it on the Switch though, as opposed to when I played it on both PS2 & Wii back whenever that was; the touchscreen makes things a lot more convenient.

Langrisser: A good strategy turn based rpg game based on medieval era.
Arknights: Good tower defense rpg game.
Path to Nowhere: Another good tower defense rpg game.

I’ve just finished up with dark cloud, I got PlayStation premium and now I’ve access to more games than I know what to do with lol
it was a bit of a slog tbh, found it pretty frustrating, spen a bit of time maxing out xiao‘s ultimate weep thou which suddenly made it super easy lol so grabbed the platinum for that, I’ll probably -ice up dark chronicle next as heard good things bout that one

So I'm currently playing:

CoD MW2 Remake - This is the first CoD I've bought for a few years and I'm loving it :). Only the online mind; I can't be bothered with the single player lol. It helps that I have Paddy McGee around to shoot the breeze with :monocle:.

Signalis - I love me some old-style survival horrors so I thought this was great. A bit too intense for me to replay, but it really does have every ingredient of a horror game that makes it a definite recommendation though. Even though the story is confusing as shit.

FF7 Remake - I've played through this before but I couldn't get past it being so different from the original game back then. Replaying it now, I'm loving it a lot more. The music is stunning, the interactions between characters are good fun...it's just so much fun to play through. I will say that the battle system still isn't 100% what I like, but I'm realising this time through how useful Cloud's more powerful mode is? That counter attack is incredible lmao. I'm doing the chapter 3 sidequests now!

Tunic - Ok so I tried this for a couple of hours and couldn't get into it. I thought it would be typical 2D Zelda but it's much more open. I dunno, it just wasn't what I expected, I suppose. I've ended up deleting it without giving it the biggest of chances but...there are other games out there to play.

On the switch im currently playing Xenoblade Chronicles 3, think I'm enjoying this one the most of the entire series so far.

On ps4 now that they got added to psn+ playing ratchet and clank tools of destruction, just a game i love going back to and causing mayhem in.

While at work on my laptop been playing trails of cold steel i enjoy the series over all and this is the one that truly drew me into the series with an avid interest.

22xmassonic.JPG

I started up Sonic Frontiers recently and I must admite I'm very impressed! Yes, it is indeed a good 3D Sonic game!

Admittedly it doesn't feel like a Sonic game at all, more like Shadow of The Colossus with some extra tasks inbetween. You can go about way to avoid the traditional Sonic levels and still progress, but there Sonic Levels are luckily awesome too! A little short still IMO but nothing like the joke that Sonic Colours offered. The games structure is still quite messy due to wanting the player to have an open experience but overall I'm not to troubled by it.

Story while lacking much interaction at times is compelling enough, sadly a lot of it is just dialogue with NPC cutscenes but its still drawing me in, but far from the drama experience in Sonic Adventure 1 - Buggy as anything I know, but still love the vibe from that game!

Alternating between God of War: Ragnarok and Jedi: Fallen Order.

For some reason the forum kept refusing to let me post my post. Kept flagging an error if I posted anything other than the first sentence. So I decided to cheat the system by screenshotting the draft. HA!

Screenshot of failed post.png

Spoiler part of the image is below.

I also did not expect to be able to actually control Atreus/Loki in this game, so that was a welcome surprise and that character is really coming into his own in this game.

Last edited:
ADHD Brain I switch between so many games. But here are ones I have more currently been playing or have played recently...

PS4/PS5 - NinjaLeila (Feel free to add me, just send a message too so I know where you are from)

• God of War- I started this one over yet again since I had gone and picked up Ragnarok, I still had yet to finish this one and trying to go back was more confusing since I had no memory of what had happened in the game so far.
  • Sackboy - Started playing this one again most recently since my sister had wanted to play it with me, which got me more into playing my save again and getting even further. Finally reached the 4th world of 5.
  • Genshin Impact - The last few months I have gotten back into playing this game from forever ago when it first released then didn't play it for quite some time but getting back into it I have gotten pretty much all of my quests completed and mainly waiting with Nahida, Wanderer, Diluc and my other characters, waiting for the next to come out.
Switch - (FC: 1608 - 9190 - 9803) (Again feel free to add)
  • Harvestella - So far I love this game. May it be slow pace in a way in certain senses but I love the combat style battles along with the farming and cooking aspect to the game as well. The graphics as well are very beautiful
  • Dragon Quest Treasures - I got this game, since I love the DQ series, loved the builders game so thought to give this a chance. So far I don't know what to think about it. It has its good and bad points, yet at the same time I'm just here hoping for a DQ Builders 3.
  • Animal Crossing - I had to start over when my old switch's motherboard crashed, I had to get a new one and my old save was not backed up. I am still just getting started and had help from my sis to pay off my entire debt at least already. I think right now I am supposed to make my town up to 3 star yet still...
I would name lots more but I want to just keep it to 3 and if i added the mobile games that would just be a lot. :X

Trying to squeeze Final Fantasy XII out before Pokemon comes out, but I'm not sure I'll be able to beat it by then. I only ever got an hour or so into the game in the past and never beat it, so I'm excited to finally get this one finished as well. I've seen a lot of mixed reviews over time but so far I'm actually really enjoying it. It's definitely not a 'golden era' type FF but I feel like I'm enjoying a real good older FF game for the first time in a long time... or something like that.
:dead: Just now getting to Pokemon Scarlet. Life happens I guess. Started playing earlier this month and wow it's really buggy. I'm maybe a tiny bit under half-way through. I'm not sure how I feel about this game yet, but I do feel like they've dropped the ball on this game. Oh well :sad:

I picked up Crisis Core too but I haven't started it yet. So hopefully my next post is that but -_- So many games, not enough time.

ADHD Brain I switch between so many games. But here are ones I have more currently been playing or have played recently...

PS4/PS5 - NinjaLeila (Feel free to add me, just send a message too so I know where you are from)
  • God of War- I started this one over yet again since I had gone and picked up Ragnarok, I still had yet to finish this one and trying to go back was more confusing since I had no memory of what had happened in the game so far.
  • Sackboy - Started playing this one again most recently since my sister had wanted to play it with me, which got me more into playing my save again and getting even further. Finally reached the 4th world of 5.
  • Genshin Impact - The last few months I have gotten back into playing this game from forever ago when it first released then didn't play it for quite some time but getting back into it I have gotten pretty much all of my quests completed and mainly waiting with Nahida, Wanderer, Diluc and my other characters, waiting for the next to come out.
  • Harvestella - So far I love this game. May it be slow pace in a way in certain senses but I love the combat style battles along with the farming and cooking aspect to the game as well. The graphics as well are very beautiful
  • Dragon Quest Treasures - I got this game, since I love the DQ series, loved the builders game so thought to give this a chance. So far I don't know what to think about it. It has its good and bad points, yet at the same time I'm just here hoping for a DQ Builders 3.
  • Animal Crossing - I had to start over when my old switch's motherboard crashed, I had to get a new one and my old save was not backed up. I am still just getting started and had help from my sis to pay off my entire debt at least already. I think right now I am supposed to make my town up to 3 star yet still...
I would name lots more but I want to just keep it to 3 and if i added the mobile games that would just be a lot. :X
:O! How do you keep all the games in your brain straight?!

• Haha
Reactions: Six
Crisis Core: Reunion and Stray.

It was my birthday yesterday and my sister etc got me these.

I'm enjoying Crisis Core a lot more this time. I wasn't its biggest fan back during the PSP days. I still have a few issues with the lore, and it is overall very clunky compared to the original FFVII (and Remake), and lacks much of the magic. But it still has many interesting things going for it. And the gameplay seems better now than it was originally. I remember being put off by the battles beforehand, but now I'm finding them okay. A bit easy, but that's okay with me.

Stray is a lot of fun too. I feel like I've basically become a cat. I love exploring and meowing. I unlocked a trophy for meowing a hundred times within my first twenty or so minutes of gameplay though, so perhaps that is a sign that I meow a bit too much....

playingso.JPG

Playing Star Ocean The Divine Force. The previous game was underwhealming but I didn't dislike it. The Divine Force is a vast improvement! Really digging the combat, you have a robot companion which allows you to charge in with attacks and then you can build combos to the attack buttons which are activated when holding the game. The stor ys compelling but nothing very dramatic has happened yet. But I'm enjoying it, I love the concept of a Star Trek style JRPG and previos SO games have been close but often missed the mark for one reason or another - I'm hoping this one gets more impactful soon enough but I'm certainly investd in the characters already.

Forspoken. It's okay so far, I don't think the dialog is as bad as people are hating on, but the graphics are a bit weird to me - most notably the character models and their faces, but also with clippings & stuff. I hurt my arm really bad though and haven't had much time to play so far but I am about 6 hours in now. Most of that is probably from me shiny hunting.

Oh, and I've been shiny hunting. In Pokemon. Because why not. Did I spend a few days shiny hunting a Dratini because I wanted a pink lady? Maybe. Did I catch 7 of them because, despite the 50/50 odds, I kept getting pink males? Also maybe. Did I eventually find her? Yes, but at what cost

On the side I'm also playing Stray (again) with my kid. He mostly controls the cat because it's practically Cat Simulator when you're not running from Zurks. I had bought a B-12 plush to hang from my ceiling but he's now officially adopted by my son. Which is fine, he was kinda big for the regular B-12, but still really cute.

• Haha
Reactions: Six
I actually just finished, but it still counts right? Post contains character names, so if you consider that spoilers, please don't continue reading, etc.

With a recent purchase of the PS5, Final Fantasy VII Remake: Intermission is the game I started playing. Short DLC (just two chapters), blew through it in like 10 hours including try harding on the whack-a-box...

Quite liked the DLC, couldn't wait until Yuffie got rid of that stupid Moogle costume though, her OG outfit was done really nicely in the remake and it didn't really feel like I was playing as her until that shift.

Sonon... I don't know, it seemed like a random NPC was brought in where they tried way too hard to get you to bond with a new character, bombed you with a backstory that really doesn't give us much context at all. Only to have happen... whatever happened in the end.

Nero... now that one gave me the creeps. I think they did a fantastic job with him coming from DoC. Haven't done Hard mode, or the additional fights. Might do that at some point...

Overall, definitely a decent DLC - kinda wish they'd make the DLCs have 4 chapters, though, I think that would feel a lot less rushed and more fleshed out. Here's hoping they take note with the next DLC.

Not sure what I'll start playing next. Hmmm. Something to think about.

Kena: Bridge of Spirits.

This game is a of an eclectic mixture of a Disney animated film (or Pixar film), the indie games Flower and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, and the classic platformer Croc: Legend of the Gobbos.

It is quite a pleasant palette cleanser. The 'Rot' (cute little furry darlings) definitely improve the quality of my day whenever I find some hiding under rocks and they smile at me as if I'm their new best friend. And I hate to say it, I am. The more the merrier. I'm happy for them to follow me all day.

It might look like a kiddie film, and its narrative is simplistic, but the gameplay is surprisingly difficult. Some of the bosses are a true menace, and it also gets dark and depressing at times. So I picture a smiling 'Rot' and I then feel okay again.

I binged the new The Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog. It was such a nice, quick romp through. It might be some of the most fun I have had with Sonic in a decade.

Otherwise, I am looking forward to getting hold of Tekken 8 and Street Fighter 6 when they drop. At least until then, I might pick up Astral Chain finally. It's been on my list for a long while.

Nearing the end of Crisis Core.. finally. It's been forever since I've last played it and honestly I'm really enjoying myself. Can't say exactly when it was the last time I played this game but I wanna say it was back when it came out initially. Crisis Core and Valkyrie Profile are the only real reasons why I held onto my PSP to be honest lmao, but I did pick this up for the PS5.

No idea what I'm going to play next, but I've been itching to actually get into FFXIV again. I've been waiting to do it with my brother though, so I may have to wait until we play FFXIII next since we've been playing the games numerically together for a few years now. We'll see!

:dead: Just now getting to Pokemon Scarlet. Life happens I guess. Started playing earlier this month and wow it's really buggy. I'm maybe a tiny bit under half-way through. I'm not sure how I feel about this game yet, but I do feel like they've dropped the ball on this game. Oh well :sad:

I picked up Crisis Core too but I haven't started it yet. So hopefully my next post is that but -_- So many games, not enough time.

:O! How do you keep all the games in your brain straight?!
I'm not sure exactly lol.

Moderator's Edit: Posts merged :)

Sorry for the double post but figured it would be easier to read. Will use the same format as I did last time since I liked how neat it was XD
------

• God of War Ragnarok - I finally finished the first God of War (well we all know its not technically the first but still..) and moved on to the sequel. I feel I am almost done with this game, but have loved it so far. Already had some things ruined for me like a certain death of someone but even with that... I still I am still playing it.
  • Dreamlight Valley - Started this one the day it came out. Have loved it so far. Currently caught up on all the missions so here too waiting on more updates and characters.
  • Genshin Impact - Still playing this one. All caught up on everything for now so mainly waiting for more story to come out and the updates. Also excited for Baizhu to finally come out as a playable character.
  • Dragon Quest Builders 2 - Still waiting to hopefully see a DQB3 but I had felt like playing this one over again from the beginning. Almost done with this one again though XD
  • Dark Cloud 2 - Started playing this one yet again today. I always will love this game. Trying to actually beat it for once though. I always get to the end of the game and then stop playing for awhile and then just start over when I come back to it, mainly because I want to start fresh and love the story. (Also the love I have with Max's past. He was so dramatic sometimes xD)
  • tumblr_e0e1511d0042237d50fb054bcd1b6d61_865bdb1a_500.png
  • Side Note: I also just finished FFIV of the pixel remaster release on the ps5, also 100% those trophies, looking to do the same with the other 5.
  • Metroid Dread : I love this game and yet have to finish it. I just picked it back up this week but only problem is I don't remember where I was to go next so now I'm just mainly exploring. I have defeated 4 of the 7 E.M.M.I.S., 3 Remain... ;-; not a fan of those...
  • Pokémon Violet : I have been leveling up my Pokémon and still have yet to go challenge the Elite Four. but once I'm done with that I will be able to enter Area Zero, which I'm looking forward to. So far I have just over 200 caught in a pokédex of 400..
  • Digimon World : Next Order - I picked this game up when it came out since I had a version of it already on the PlayStation, I wanted one as well for when I am mobile and not at home. On this version though I have just started so I am not too far into it yet. I have yet to go to Taomon's place and talk to him. And also get Birdramon on top of that.
  • Tales of Symphonia - A fan of the Tales series I for sure picked this one up too and have been playing it on and off. Here's to hoping they release more of the tales games on switch. A few I am really hoping for would be the OG of them all Tales of Phantasia (or hopefully they release the GBA version on the Nintendo Online GBA). Others would be Tales of Abyss, Tales of Symphonia : DotNW, Tales of Xillia (Mainly 2 since I want to collect cats again)

Mobile - (Not going into detail about them unless asked)
  • Ni No Kuni : Cross Worlds, Guardian Tales, Love Nikki & Shining Nikki, Honkai: Star Rail (just released), Obey Me! & Obey Me! Nightbringer, Food Fantasy, The Tale of Food, Frozen City, MapleStory M, Tears of Themis, Shop Titans, Hogwarts Mystery, Cookie Run: Kingdom. (this is just a few, I have a lot more on my phone but these are the main ones I play, along with some idle games that aren't listed either)

Last edited by a moderator:
Grabbed some Sims packs on sale to start a Not So Berry challenge run & hoping to possibly snag a few extras if the stars align! Otherwise it's just been Pokemon Go lmao. I did get two shiny pokemon recently nearly back to back though so that's nice! I'm still sad Crisis Core is over, hard to believe it's done already & how long it took me to finally boot it up and play again after all these years.

Send me your Pokemon Go friend codes it any of you are still playing!

I was playing Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild. Dropped it at around the 10 hour mark. I gave the game a chance despite my dislike of open-world design because everyone kept saying it somehow revolutionized open-world games, but I sure as hell didn't see it do that. A gigantic map that takes forever to traverse because of your character's slow movement (horses don't improve much), climbing towers to reveal the map, content that consists of samey stuff that rewards you with miniscule rewards, side quests that are mostly fetching items (100 times worse in a gigantic map), no engaging story or memorable character interactions. All this plus a combat system that I actively wanted to avoid because of the breakable weapons draining my resources without gaining anything from it was just too much to stand. If nothing "interesting" happens in the first 10 hours of a game then I'm not gonna bother with it.

Afterwards I tried out both 'Divinity Original Sin' and 'Battlechasers Nightwar' since they had been sitting in my backlog, but neither of them really hooked me. Divinity is really frustrating to play on console, had a really weird tone and lacked a narrative hook to get me interested (kinda important in an rpg).
Battlechasers is apparently a companion to a comicbook series I'm not familiar with with and the game kinda expects the player to have read at least some of it. The combat isn't too fun either (healing is expensive, underpowered and takes 2 turns to do while enemies hit hard).

Since that I've been struggling to find something engaging to play, which isn't easy when my depression has been more "active" lately, making me barely enjoy anything.

Back