[V2] Last album you bought/downloaded?

save me, san fransisco - train
i bought it a few weeks back but for ages only ever managed to listen to no more than the first three tracks, which are by far the best on the album. i particularly love hey, soul sister for its general up beat feeling. the rest of the album is a bit of a disappointment though; there's too much of a boyband feeling about it.

Keyshia Cole - Calling All Hearts

I didn't even know who this woman was until I saw the album on the 'im1music' site, I only downloaded because I could. :wacky: It is quite a decent album mind, she has got a fantastic vocal range when she hits out the ballads and she does a good job with the duets with Tank and Faith Evans but other than the odd ballad and duet its pretty much your average, everyday song.

Buckethead - Captain EO's Voyage

10/10

This CD was made as a tribute to Captain EO himself, Michael Jackson. I'm not a fan of Michael Jackson, but this was one of Buckethead's biggest influences when he got into playing guitar. That said, these tend to be the CD's where Buckethead shines most. A lot of somber tone, melodic blues with a pretty high emotion factor. Buckethead never fails when it comes to slower, more melodic stuff. I think his next solo CD will be his 30th CD, make me proud. :ryan:

Daft Punk - Tron Legacy soundtrack

Daft_Punk_x_Tron_Legacy_by_ADN_z.jpg

I have listened it twice so far and it's a really good soundtrack. Since it's a movie soundtrack and not a daft punk album, there are some of semi-ambient and orchestral tracks. They are really good however. I think Daft Punk found the good balance between synth and orchestral tracks.

Tracks like The son of Flynn and Castor are epic. Derezzed and Tron Legacy (End Titles), on the other hand, really sounds like more conventional Daft Punk compositions. 9/10

Katy Perry - Teenage Dream

I just got this CD for Christmas!

I need to get her first album yet but I'm so excited I have this one. XD

I didn't realise until skimming the back of it that there were so many good songs of hers I like on the album!

10/10

The last cd I bought... hmm... I buy so many of them I might need to think here... I think the last one I bought was Nightwish's cd Dark Passion Play. I had to replace the one I already owned because my sister was stupid and stole it and broke it, I was not happy at all... -__- In any case it's an amazing cd I've listened to it over and over again for quite some time now. 10/10

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

It got a lot of positive reception from music critics and that alone was good enough reason to get me interested. It was my first Kanye album and it was surprisingly good. Tracks like Dark Fantasy, Lost In the World, and All of the Lights are definitely single-worthy. Lyrics are kinda dark but it reflects to the overall theme of the album. 10/10

Last edited:
I bought It's Blitz! by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Brand New Eyes by Paramore at HMV, while I was taking a shopping break from my assignment :lew: two for £10, couldn't resist.

I haven't really checked out the Paramore CD yet, although I will this week, as I love the band and Hayley Williams has a fab voice. I mainly play CDs in the car though, and download the rest of my music.

Anyway. It's Blitz! One of the best albums I've heard for a long long time. I've sat down this week and listened to it in full, and fully appreciated it as a whole. It really works. The fast moments; Zero, Heads Will Roll, Dull Life, Shame and Fortune - are all instant classics, the hooks are amazing, the two guys have never played better, and Karen O sounds fantastic. The softer songs on the album, are totally gorgeous. Soft Shock and Hysteric are two of the best songs the band has done since Maps.

Overall, it's a brilliant album. The production is slick, the music is amazing and the singing is fantastic. Why they aren't more popular, I'll never know.

The last album I bought was Muse's Resistance album.
And since then all others have been downloads.
Im glad I bought Resistance though as the music has aided me with my media coursework :D
And also in my feeble attempts at making AMV's -__-.
The album itself is actually pretty good, with the themes of government conspiracy etc. as a recurring theme throughout the entire album.
Mk Ultra and Resistance are the two best songs on the album in my opinion though. :D

The last albums I bought was "Sacred Spirit -- Dances and Chants Of The Native Americans"

Such an amazing album. I could listen to it over and over again xD

Within Temptation - The Silent Force

What a stunning album. The genre may be the same throughout, but I love how different the songs are from each other. The likes of Somewhere, Forsaken, Angels, It's the Fear and See Who I Am are among my favourites from it. I'm beginning to like them more than Evanescence, which I thought was impossible until now. I haven't been excited for such an album like this in a long time.

9/10

hopes and fears - keane
bought it for a bit of nostalgia really. it's definitely the best of their albums, probably the only one that i really like. there are a few tracks that aren't brilliant, but somewhere only we know, bedshaped and everybody's changing are all great.

the airborne toxic event - the airborne toxic event
i recently got into these, and they're an extremely good band. a lot of their songs sound different, but at the same time have a similar style to each other... it's a weird blend but one that works

up all night - razorlight
another nostalgia album, but not as good as hopes and fears. i like a handful of songs from it, which are the ones i bought it for.

The Vampire Diaries Soundtrack

Well worth the buy. It's got such a variety of songs here and I like them all. My favourites would have to be Stefan's Theme, Running Up That Hill, Bloodstream, Head Over Heels, Down, Cut and 1864. Now I've heard it a few times, I can recognise some of the songs from the episode it was in the show. I don't normally buy soundtracks from TV shows, but I really love this.

10/10

Sad Songs For Dirty Lovers - The National.

It's very very good, or at least I like it a lot. There's only about two songs which are only okay, the rest are excellent. It's hard to describe the album, mostly I think it's quite a gentle indie rock ballady type album. Although there are a couple of rock songs on the album. The lyrics are quite nice too, almost poignant, it is a quite sad melancholy album, but a good one nonetheless.

I'm trying to get all caught up on my classics,so the last one I bought was Dark Side of the Moon.Definitely fulfills the hype.I mean,what can you say about a legend?It's relaxing,inventive,deeply personal,and artistic all at once.Can't believe I didn't hear it before.

Adele - 21

Dont usually liek female singers - dont really know why euither, but i think shes just amazing, so it it had to be downloaded

asd_adelphia_400x400-300x300.jpg

Adelphia - A Skylit Drive

I loved their first album, and along with Identity of Fire, this album had me wowed. Most of the songs have been on replay for the past week, and I was actually surprised. When I first downloaded it, I was expecting the songs to be generic at best, but boy was I dumb. The songs are great, and they are just amazing. :ryan:

10/10

build a rocket boys! - elbow
for some reason i wasn't expecting anything brilliant, or even all that good but i was quite surprised. i still don't think they've managed to top leaders of the free world, but i'd say it's about as good as the seldom seen kid. it has a much more mellow feel to it than that did though.

what did you expect from the vaccines? - the vaccines
they me a little of the divine comedy mixed with vampire weekend (probably with more vampire weekend than divine comedy though). i reckon they'll be very popular this year; they're already on tour and are supporting arctic monkeys on their american tour. they'll gain a lot of popularity from playing the festival circuit this summer.

The last albums I have recently obtained are Daft Punk - Discovery & Queen - We Will Rock You. I'm a huge fan of both bands and can't honestly remember never listening to one of their songs. Obsession? Maybe a little. xD

The last album I bought is by my favourite band, Panic! At the Disco.

Vices & Virtues is actually pretty good, and not what I expected, it's got a mixture of upbeat songs, and a bit of balladish stuff as well, and it has a bit of AFYCSO, and also a bit of Pretty Odd in there as well, there are a couple of songs I don't listen to much compared to the rest of the album, but I'm listening to the album non-stop at the moment.

My favourite song from the album at the moment is Hurricane, it's pretty awesome :)

Back