Twilight

I already had read all the books.

And so far so good.

As you're getting to the finish line.

Things are getting action-packed more and more.

But the movie really fails me thou, there so much editing going on the storyline

why can't they just follow the book,.

@Sora
I was once addicted to computer games.
But recently I was reading a lot of books.
Now I got a balance sense of reading and playing. :P

Me personnaly loved the Twilight Saga great books however movies werent so good Kristen Stewart is hot dont get me wrong but shes so bland but other than that the books are great Eclipse being my favorite :)

i think they were ok. But that's just it.... ok. Not super spectacular. I mean, the characters were dry, the author could have done so much more with the plot, and the forth book was just dumb. That's the only book I really hated. (The second one kinda sucked too, but not as bad as the forth.)

Twilight is a great thing to read once maybe, but not something to obsess over. Besides, I think there are books out there that deserve the popularity much more than the Twilight books. That's all.

I've personally never read the books but, I did however I did see the movie Twilight and imo, it wasn't all that good:/ But I do think the originals (books) are better then the movies. Never saw New Moon but from the previews I saw it looks better then Twilight. That's where I stand. From what I hear the books are great. so maybe i'll check into that more and decide to read them =D

Never bothered. Read up on what happened on the fourth book and was slightly disturbed, so I really didn't want to. The movies are probably worse.

Just to remind everyone that it's the books we're discussing in this thread, NOT the movies. Keep on topic with the books.

Continue with discussion, please.

I really liked the story. I'm not a die-hard fan but it's entertaining.

[Mod Edit: Can you please elaborate a little more on your posts in post count sections. =) One liners are usually classed as spam and may be deleted next time. Thanks. =)]

Last edited by a moderator:
I managed to skim the first part of the book at a bookstore, and I can't see myself liking it. I mean, she keeps thinking she's not popular on her first day at school, and that she's some outcast, and then doesn't realize that people are crowding around her as if she actually were popular. Along with what other people have said about it (sexist messages, the sparklepires concept, bad characterization, etc.), the atrocious writing style, and the fact that I'm not interested in romance, I don't think it's worth my time. I then went on to read Discworld, and it was instantly better.

Tried to read the series, got dragged to the movies by my friends. I honestly do not like Twilight. Edward is just beyond creepy and abusive and it disturbs me how many girls think he is a completel hottie or their ideal love. Bella also comes off extremely pathetic. One other poster in this thread even said "well she doesn't have any hopes or dreams." The series honestly unintentionally creeps me out.

Now, if the series ends with Edward getting a stake in his heart or Bella is finally killed after thoroughly being manipulated by Edward, I'll like the series

Well once i saw new moon i caved. I went to Barnes&Noble that night and bought all four books. i think i read them in like a week. i shut out the world because i was so entranced with the one that this author had created. Normally after i finish a book i wait a good day or two before starting another. It usually gives me time to think about the book and process the ending. With this series i think i gave myself like 15 minutes between books. Well i did sleep a bit. But i have to admit this was the best series i have read since the last Harry Potter book came out.

Oh by the way incase anyone didn't know Midnight Sun might not even be coming out now.

Midnight Sun isn't being released because it got leaked online and Meyer decided to share whatever she'd done so far on her official website.

I have read all the books. And I use to like them...at first. But now as I look back at them I kind of find it annoying and irritating. The series kind of took the meaning of real vampires away. Original vampires are gruesome and scary. Not sparkly pretty boys. :/ Don't get me wrong though the plotline of the story was pretty good and had a nice idea. But eh.
And as for the movies, their okay. Could of picked a better actress for Bella. But I will be glad when the whole Twilight craze is over with...but then again new Vampire series keep coming out...who knows when it will end. :V

Midnight Sun isn't being released because it got leaked online and Meyer decided to share whatever she'd done so far on her official website.

But I heard it was going to be officially released sometime this year? Or the next?
I read as much as I got the chance to, Midnight Sun that is. Yet, I still can't get why Edward falls for Bella.

Twilight is the most ridiculous series I've read. I read them purely to laugh at its stupidness. The two main characters were awful, and the others lacked developement.

I can't get over the fact that vampires sparkle.
Edward was never hot to begin with - there's a reason why he's never had sex. And Robert Pattison just made him worse. Much worse. Much, much, much worse. Worser than the worsest worse in the worst history of worsts :wacky: *shudders*

"The reason Edward can't read Bella's thoughts is because she has none"

Bella means beautiful in French, and Swan is a beautiful bird. Seriously, how cheesy is that?!

Now, if the series ends with Edward getting a stake in his heart or Bella is finally killed after thoroughly being manipulated by Edward, I'll like the series

Oh, but the vampires in Twilight wont die with a stake through the heart. You need to tear them into pieces(granite skin nonwithstanding) and then burn them :P.

I didn't find it that bad. It wasn't that good because there was absolutely no action that we got to see, only the suggestion and the suspense. Most of the action takes place where we can't see it(Meyer doesn't describe any battle scenes). That's the biggest flaw I found with the series. And Edward is a bit creepy with his over protectiveness.

The only character that made it worth reading was Jacob. Once you put aside his pining for Bella, he's a pretty funny guy.

Here's a tribute to Twilight, a summary of the whole series. :3

[FONT=&quot]Once upon a time in a land known as Sporks there lived a musical Dazzle Sparkle and a sarcastic Dull Girl. When Dazzle Sparkle met Dull Girl there was an immediate spark of chemistry.
Dazzle Sparkle: Hi. Umm, you smell good.
Dull Girl: Hi. You're purty.

Dazzle Sparkle and Dull Girl spent much time debating - a passion that they both shared. *foreshadow*
Dazzle Sparkle: Guess what I am.
Dull Girl: I dunno.
Dazzle Sparkle: C'mon. Whaddya think I am?
Dull Girl: Comic book character?
Dazzle Sparkle: I has a secret. *chuckles*

One sunny day Dull Girl meets Stinky Boy on a beach.
Stinky Boy: I fix cars.
Dull Girl: Why is Sparkle family not allowed on beach?
Stinky Boy: Sparkle family is Meyerpires. The same Meyerpires.

Dull Girl decides she does not care.
Dull Girl: I knows your secret.
Dazzle Sparkle: Crap. *eyes narrow*
Dull Girl: Does not matter. I lurves you!
Dazzle Sparkle: Me Lion. You Lamb. Together we Limb.

Dazzle Sparkle introduced Dull Girl to his family.
Dr. Sparkle: Welcome.
Mrs. Sparkle: You are brave to come here. We will not harm you.
Jazz Sparkle: Speak for yourself. I will stand over here by this ever present and much talked about staircase and keep my distance.

One day along came a big, bad Meyerpire named Jimmy Sparkle.
Jimmy Sparkle: I bite you.
Dull Girl: Ouch! That hurts! Srsly, my hand is on fire.
Dazzle Sparkle: I saves you!
Em Sparkle: Jimmy tastes good! *high keening sound whatever that is*
Jazz Sparkle: I has a match.

Dazzle Sparkle and Dull Girl attend prom and are very happy. Sparkle Dance. Sparkle Dance. Twirl. Sparkle Dance. Sparkle Dance. Twirl.
Dull Girl: Make me a Meyerpire.
Dazzle Sparkle: No. Never.

Then one day Dull Girl gets a paper cut.
Dazzle Sparkle: Yeah. I don't want you.
Dull Girl: Oh. Okay.

Dull Girl is sad. She finds Stinky Boy and they open up a monster garage.
Stinky Boy: These cycles rule! Oh, BTW - I lurve you!
Dull Girl: Uh, okay. But my heart still belongs to Dazzle Sparkle. But I don't mind leading you on.
Stinky Boy: I must have low self-esteem because I'll take it.
Dull Girl: Hey, my sarcasm is back since Dazzle Sparkle left. Is that a cowinky dink?

BillyBob Onyx: You look weird.
Stinky Boy's heart & uh, everything else furslpodes.
Stinky Boy: I no longer want you Dull Girl. I too has a secret.

Dull Girl throws self off cliff.
Dull Girl: Extreme sports rule! Goodbye...world...angel...*gurgle*
Crazy Sparkle: Snap out of it Dull Girl! We must go save Dazzle Sparkle!
Dull Girl: Okay.

Dull Girl slams into Dazzle Sparkle.
Dazzle Sparkle: Dr. Sparkle was right! Amazing! *chiseled chest planes, cheek bones*

Up in a castle turret far away from the maddening crowd enjoying St. Rock Sparkle Day the fate of our three friends is being decided.
Bi-Polar Sparkle: Should we kill you? No, we can't. Such a waste! But we must! No, please join us young friends.
Angry Sparkle: No! The Meyerpire laws claim them!
Rock Sparkle: I don't care.
Crazy Sparkle: I will make Dull Girl a Meyerpire.

They exit the Vulture Sparkle Debate Team city walls.
Crazy Sparkle: I'm sure glad we talked our way out of that. I bet that never happens again. *foreshadow*

So all the Sparkles and Dull Girl return to Sporks to live happily ever after. Until...

Psycho Grudge Sparkle: I will kill you Dull Girl! Your Dazzle Sparkle killed my Jimmy Sparkle. *tosses orange bozo clown hair*
Dazzle Sparkle: I will not let you hurt Dull Girl.
Stinky Boy: Yeah! I has a werewolf now! I won't let you hurt Dull Girl either!

Fight. Fight. Em Sparkle enjoys himself. Fight. Fight.
* Since the mythical residents of Sporks will never see another fight again I'll indulge a little more here reader.*
Fight. Fight. Rip. Tear. Fire. Incense.
Stinky Boy: *slobbers all over Dull Girl* Stay with me Dull Girl. I lurves you.
Dull Girl: Yeah, no can do. Dazzle Sparkle is back and the fairy tale nightmare is back on. I mean, can't you tell? My sarcasm is gone again.
Dazzle Sparkle: I will lurves Dull Girl forever. Every single day of forever.

Wedding Gown. Crazy Sparkle decorations. Music. Vows. Sparkle Dance. Twirl. Isle Esme.
Dull Girl: If you don't make sweet salt water taffy lurve to me right now I will die!
Dazzle Sparkle: Okay.
Bitten pillow. Or two. Feathers. Bruises. Broken Headboard. Ripped Lingerie. *fade to black*
Dull Girl: I don't feel so good. *vomit fried chicken*
Dazzle Sparkle: Uh, we better get you home to Sporks. Me thinks you has a demon spawn.

Airport. Dull Girl runs to Barbie Sparkle.
Dr. Sparkle: We must get rid of demon spawn.
Dazzle Sparkle: Agreed. I'll just loan Dull Girl out to Stinky Boy and that will take care of the problem.
Dull Dirl: No! I keeps the baby! I lurve him!!!
Barbie Sparkle: I'll help you Dull Girl. Think of some utterly ridiculous names to name our, I mean your baby while I get you a sippy cup full of O negative goodness.

Slurp. Slurp. Slurp. Bones breaking. Vomit. Eyes bursting. Spine cracking.
Dazzle Sparkle: Huh? Sure, why not. I was just messing around all those other times. I cares not for your soul. It's not like you'll have to sacrifice anything anyways.

TWO DAY BLACKOUT NOT CAUSED BY MEYERPIRE SEXIN.

Dull Girl Sparkle: OMG! I am a super Mary Sue Meyerpire. I don't care about human blood. *yawn* I am in control of all of my emotions instantly. Watch me hunt for dinosaurs in my pale blue designer dress. Grrr.
Jazz Sparkle: *hangs head in shame* I is a failure at tofu lifestyle.
Mrs. Sparkle: *presses hands to face*
Crazy Sparkle: Wait! I made you a closet! I want to recommend a lawyer to you!

Dull Girl Sparkle returns from hunt in ripped dress and missing her Manolo Blahnik's.
Dull Girl Sparkle: Where is my Sparkle baby?
Loch Ness Sparkle: I am here momma! I just finished reading War & Peace by Tolstoy. Let me show you. *presses hands to Dull Girl Sparkle face*
Dull Girl Sparkle: Okay, enough of that. I need me some more Meyerpire sexin. *fade to black*

Dull Girl Sparkle: Okay I am back. Give me my Sparkle baby Barbie sparkle. (Say that five times fast)
Stinky Boy: Guess what Dull Girl Sparkle? I lurve Loch Ness Sparkle! We will be together in seven years.
Dull Girl Sparkle: Noooo!!!!

Bing Bong
Dr. Sparkle: Someone's at the door. I'll get it. Why, it's the Vulture Sparkle Debate Team. Come on in.
Crazy Sparkle and Jazz Sparkle run away.
Bi-Polar Sparkle: We have come to kill the Tofu Sparkle Family Unit. You has a child ripped off from an Anne Rice novel.
Angry Sparkle: Yes, my precious! Kill them all!
Rock Sparkle: I don't care.
Dull Girl Sparkle: Don't worry. I'll protect us with my Mary Sue love shield.
Dazzle Sparkle: That won't be necessary. I can hear that they only want to debate us.
Bi-Polar Sparkle: We have decided to kill you.
Dazzle Sparkle: No.
Bi-Polar Sparkle: But, we just decided. C'mon.
Dazzle Sparkle: No.
Bi-Polar Sparkle: But -
Dazzle Sparkle No.
Bi-Polar Sparkle: Okay, we leave. Sorry to bother you.
Crazy Sparkle and Jazz Sparkle return.

Dull Girl Sparkle: Oh Dazzle Sparkle. Listen to my thoughts.
Dazzle Sparkle: Ewww! All you think about is Meyerpire sexin. Oh well. I guess it will be something to do for the next couple of centuries.

And so all the Sparkles lived happily ever after. The End. *fade to black*[/FONT]

There's a book called The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner out now, which is a novella that ties into Eclipse. Needless to say, it's not a bad book. It's nice to actually read another point of view and Bree's an intriguing character, even though most of us will know what happens to her in the end.

Twilight is evil! EVIL! EVIL!

I read all four books, too. They were addictive while I read them but when I paused for a thought, I was like this book is so cliche and simplistic. I forced myself to read them all just so I could talk back to some of those crazy people who try to bully you into reading them.

The good news is that it all seems much calmer than it was at first. Crazy Twilight fans beating people up with baseball bats. Haven't heard anything like that in a while.

I was thinking about getting Bree's book, so I may do so. Its £8 in Tesco, not bad. If Midnight Sun is released it would be nice as my sample only has 28 pages. And yes I do have it lolz, Im not bullshitting. As I mentioned few pages back, when I worked at Borders we got samples with the release of The Host.

Im still a Twilight fan as in the books. I like them. Its the films and fans that are getting bloody silly. But I do own the films and have an Edward poster, but thats where the lines drawn lolz XD

Quite frankly I find your shirt more impressive than the sample book. :monster:

Mod's Edit: Can you please add more to your post? This is a post count section and your message may be deleted next time. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back