Twilight

Kim Taehyung

You shine brighter than anyone ✨
Veteran
Gil
A lot of people at my school (myself included) have really gotten hooked on this series by Stephenie Meyer. Of course, I read it back when no one else even heard of it. But I find the twist on the eternal feud between werewolves and vampires really interesting, as well as the love story part...^_^.

Has anyone else read this book, or any of them?

I've read all three, and I absolutely love them. I can't wait until Breaking Dawn comes out in August! I'm excited to see whether or not Bella and Edward get married and of course the burning question of whether or not she becomes a vampire..

After hearing there'd be a film about it, I bought the book a few days ago and I loved it. I finished it a few hours ago and I'm going to be moving on to Eclipse when I can get my hands on it!

Hopefully this won't count as a bump... But I thought I should comment!

I also read Twilight before it became popular. And I almost died doing it too! :P (I was reading it while walking through Paris and a bus came extremely close to knocking into me.) It's certainly one of my favourite books, and Stephenie Meyer is a brilliant author, buuut...well, I wan't a fan of New Moon, and haven't managed to finish Eclipse yet. I suppose I should do that. (I'm just not a fan of reading the history of the werewolves and like to read it all in order. >.<)

Still, I'd recommend it! :) And for those who've enjoyed it, try reading A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitecomb. It's not too different, and is also very good! ^_^

So, has anybody read breaking dawn yet? I got it the day it came out, and I'm already done with it. I usually take my time with books, but I just had to see how it ended and everything.

Personally, I didn't really like it, but meh. I guess that's just what happens when you set your expectations really high for a book. Sometimes the author meets them and sometimes they just don't. -_-

This isn't supposed to be a a flame Twilight thread my good sir -_-

Anyway, Bella changes a lot in the fourth book. I don't want to give too much away, but "damsel in distress" doesn't quite fit her anymore. That was actually one of the things I liked about her though in the first 3 books. Edward coming to her rescue made the book what it was, a romance.

where are the female werewolves
Happens in the third book xD

As for the thing you quoted, that woman just needs to calm down. Stephanie Meyer admitted that the books were supposed to appeal to an audience over 15 years of age and tried to get an age limit set, but it didn't happen. If that woman's so damn worried that her daughter is going to end up obsessed with sex and have an abusive husband someday then she can take the books away from her and burn them for all I care. Sheesh

I got Breaking Dawn yesterday when it was released here in the UK and I finished it several hours ago. Wow! What a good ending to the Twilight Saga. I was surprised by the arrival of
"Nessie"
and I knew that
Bella would become a vampire in the end.
I wasn't disappointed by it and I can't wait to read The Midnight Sun. According to what I read on Wikipedia, it's supposed to be Twilight based on Edward's point of view.

Well the book's not coming out here until September :_: Luckily i'm not a MASSIVE fan. I'd read all 3 earlier books but only borrowed off a friend who's a huge junkie.

Me and another friend kind of ruined it by wikipedia-ing what was going to happen xD We could guess though cause of all the rumors but the fact there were right >.> I didn't actually believe them cause they sounded so stupid.

I think the majority of people predicted Bella would
become a vampire in the end.
The whole thing with
Jacob & "nessie"
was kind of unexpected though.

Katsky said:
So romance novels are supposed to have a completely weak and hopeless female protagonist who throws everything away including her future education, finds it flattering to be stalked while she sleeps, forgives the main love interest for everything no matter how bad (taking the motor out of her car so she can't see her best friend for example), and even jumps off a cliff to hear the voice of some abusive schmuck?
No they're not. Bella isn't a weak and hopeless female protagonist throwing it all away. She wants to throw her life away because of her love for Edward and wanting to be with him forever. Bella doesn't always forgive Edward for all that he does, but most stuff she does.

Katsky said:
And so she should. Twilight teaches young girls to have no hopes and dreams in life outside of "Pwince charming", and in true Mormon fashion (Meyer is one), submit to the man and obey everything he says and forgive him for every wrong he does, no matter how bad.
For heaven's sake, Twilight is fiction. Meyer isn't trying to tell young girls that's what life's about. Fiction is where you can express yourself and let loose, even have fun. This isn't a flame thread and if you continue to be flaming in here, I'll have you reported to a moderator.

well i started reading this series at the end of the school year but never had enough time to finish it iam planning on reading it when i go back to school

Whoa, whoa, whoa.
I happen to agree that Bella does indeed change in Breaking Dawn. She is not weak at all, and her weaknesses that spawned in the first book gradually fade away as the series goes on.
She is only emo acting in the second book, New Moon because Edward disappeared and made it to where there was not a single trace of him left.
Haven't you ever loved someone so much that if you lose them, you don't even want to live anymore?

Hey, talk about it all you want. I never said you had to like the book to talk in here. Besides, I like reading the views of people who don't like it.

Katsky said:
But yeah, that's a great moral message- "If you think you've found Prince Charming, throw what little hopes and dreams you have away for him because the way you feel, your love for him, is somehow worth pissing your life down the drain for".
Did Bella have any dreams? Did she have hopes? All she had was her love for Edward. There was no indication of what she wanted to do in the future.

Can't take a little criticism of your wonderfully totally un-cliched vampire novel hmm?
Un-cliched? Pu-lease. If I wanted something un-cliched, then I'd be looking in the shoutbox. And alas, I can take criticism. But all you're doing is flaming and saying how pathetic the book really is. Of all the fiction I've ever read, Twilight has indeed surprised me. If you're looking for un-cliched fiction, I'm afraid you've come to the wrong place. :eek:uttahere:

Well Katsky, I think you make your point. Everybody in this thread now knows that you hate Twilight, you think it sucks, blah blah blah. Congratulations!

Anyways... What do you guys think about the actors they cast to play Edward and Bella? I personally hated the idea of Robert Pattisson as Edward at first, but he really has grown on me. I think he'll do a fabulous job. As for Kirsten Stewart, I'm still a little unsure about her.. She fits Bella's physical description and everything, but I really haven't liked any of the movies she has been in. I just hope she does good in this, otherwise I'm going to be pretty upset.

Haven't seen any movies with her in them. And as for Cedric Diggory playing Edward... well, I'll just have to see the movie. Although that's totally going to screw up the way I see him.

I'm not too sure about Kristen as Bella still. Like her voice and the way she speaks doesn't fit my picture of Bella. She sounds so serious and self-assured. :/ I guess we'll see when the movie comes out.

And i wasn't huge on Robert as Edward too. Still am not really. I'll give him a chance though :3

At first, I thought Bella in the film sounded Irish. :O

But I like the idea of Robert being Edward at the moment. His voice is so magical, just as Bella describes in the book.

I started a film discussion thread in Home Theatre by the way.

I'm about halfway through Twilight now and I really love it. The mysteriousness and unpredictability of Edward's character is rather well described.. I think I'm in love. x_x

As for Bella, she kind of annoys me at times. Like when Edward saves her life but she keeps questioning him about it, and they end up mad at each other. I just wanted to slap her and tell her to shut up and just fall into his arms. :wacky: She's supposed to like this guy yet she keeps demanding that he tells her everything when it's really none of her business. >_>

But yeah, I can't wait to get further into this book. It has hints of mystery and the supernatural and I love that. I went out today and bought New Moon and Eclipse too so I'm sorted for when I finish. :monster: I forgot what the fourth's called.. Breaking Dawn or something..?

Ive got the first 2 books and Im enjoying them. I love vampires and werewolves, plus Im a hopeless romantic, so these books are a dream. Plus Meyers is a massive Muse fan I love her more lol. I imagined Edward as Matt Bellamy with red hair rofl!!

Back