The Promise - A CloudxTifa Club

CAN I HAS MEMBERSHIP?

Given this is the 3rd incarnation of this club, I'm sure I'm repeating myself about what I can say about my fondness for Cloud/Tifa.

Seriously, I can't really explain it. The very first time I played FFVII, I personally expected them to be together-which makes it even more of surprise of how much I ended up liking them. I'm usually adverse to canon pairings in video games, but Cloud/Tifa were one of the first exceptions to that bias, lol.

And then I just kept seeing them everywhere. How it ended up in Advent Children, how it started in Crisis Core, how it would've been in the alternate universe of Dissidia and Kingdom Hearts...I mean, yeah, I have rose coloured glasses on a lot, but there always has to be something there in the first place, and honestly, I didn't need much imagination in regards to these two xD

And just to throw it out there, I think Cloud/Tifa has been one the oldest ships I've ever had. I think I'm going on 8 years now. Keep on rocking you two!

YAY. Welcome Fusionist, I've been awaiting your arrival. :ohoho:

I will update the posts this thursday! :gasp: I'ma take a whole day for Cloti goodies. :D

oooo fanart... I love fanart :yay... time for comments :grin:

9305bfb5aa222cbaadd140ee3c27c8bc2b396647.png

that one pretty cute.. and maybe a bit romantic as well :D

4ca83a0158bf4db5252c12e9e97a1d14608d1231.png

this one awesome I love stocks like this.. I would use somethjing like that in a signature XD

7574620f9530b0353146e221f2d4bbaf7fce1655.png

awesome... i wish i could draw like that :hmph:

a0235e7e4b2fa207990dc26a5d67456749f5f0aa.png

loool look at his face... my first kiss with my girlfriend was like that XD

6cffd1afeeb61bfbe04c0233c599ec2b814f3b42.png

I love moments like that :D

0e5c00da5ee4c9895043a9db00936971b4e92386.png

that well cute like kids :yay:

bd64b4749d2a42772c9eddd3420a4de178a24f8b.png

loool that funny... just about keep it clean :P

that site looks like it has nice art.... might take a look :P

:woo:

Glad I have Stevie approval! ^_^ It has a LOT of great images, you should check it out. Those were just my favorite. Yeah... don't know how that last one got in there. :wacky: I just had a LOT of tabs open and was copying and pasting urls without really looking at the pic. :P My bad!

I like the one where Cloud is all drunk and Tifa is like o_O. xD

yh got to admit that one was pretty funny.. my Favorite one is the surprise kiss one :D

That is a great one too, he looks so pleasantly surprised! :tehe: The more I look at it the more I just wanna glomp this couple. So cute! :x3:

:wacky: Now that you mention it, that one image would make a really good signature.

*plots* :sneaky:

Can I join here? :gasp2:

Years ago, when I first found out that there even was a debate ensuing, I was surprised. From the start, I was under the impression that it's Tifa for Cloud. Even if admittedly, during my first playthrough it was Aeris and Cloud who went on the gondola. :wacky:

I didn't read up on the new data released by Square and the creator's comments every now and then, and I chose not to take Advent Children too seriously because the game was sufficient for me. The spin-offs I think that followed were things Square produced after they realized they had created a love triangle so intense, it's still on-going to this day, meaning it's profitable. Purely marketing strategy in my perspective. :hmmm: I think it's mostly to encourage the already heated debate.

The events that followed after Aeris
passed away
only made me believe that the game's couple was Cloud and Tifa. I was completely sold during the Lifestream and Cloud's consciousness (this, prior to me knowing that there even was a debate) and even more so, after the mountain scene.

I love this couple because I find it realistic. How often do people actually experience love at first sight? They started out as neighbors, became somewhat friends, drifted apart and met again after a few years. Tifa seems to be good for Cloud, she's smart and strong and I think someone as broken as Cloud would do well with someone like her. A strong, solid pillar - someone to put him back together and hold the pieces like that permanently. But regardless of how I view how perfect their personalities are, I think however subtle Cloud's responses were sometimes to Tifa, they were there and they were concrete enough.

Phew. Okay, I finally said my piece. It's the first time I've ever given my opinion on the LTD debate, so I'm really sorry for the long post. :wacky:

OMG. So psyched to have you! :D Welcome, Mics!

Welcome to the Club! If anyone has any additional cute info they want added to the second post, let me know. :D

I've haven't touched PhotoShop in a long, long time, but I got some inspiration to make some simple wallpapers for my new cellphone (320x480 res), and I ended up making a Cloud/Tifa-ish one, so I thought I'd share ^^

2cgeiq9.jpg

cee74e101835b91f6260972e7f481638cd77a701.png

1e8354759f3dd3484639c58033f52a954be2b368.png

I like both of these. :ohshit:

I've haven't touched PhotoShop in a long, long time, but I got some inspiration to make some simple wallpapers for my new cellphone (320x480 res), and I ended up making a Cloud/Tifa-ish one, so I thought I'd share ^^

2cgeiq9.jpg

That looks good too! :argor:

Man. So many songs I like and hear always somehow come down to it fitting Cloud and Tifa's relationship, they're just that amazing. :ohshit:

Okay, so I found this pictar whilst roaming on DA and I thought it would be good to share with ya'll.

Link!

8D Isn't that awesome. Though it actually isn't a C/T picture, it looks so much like the characters that a lot of people thought it was a fanart!

Last edited:
:) just thought I'd drop in and say I love CloudxTifa, it's so sweet and has so much development and backstory. He always liked her and wanted to be with her and then when she wants him he can't remember her, and then he remembers and all is right :D

Xx..xX

okay folks, I'm enlisting you guys for a fanfiction enterprise!

Basically, I'm undertaking a rather daunting fanfic project. I'm going to write a fanfic that details all the 'first time' moments in Cloud and Tifa's relationship, starting with how they met each other and ending with..... well, I'm not sure yet. Probably ending with their last goodbye (like, definitive, goodbye) just to spin things a little.

But I've got a LOT to go before I get there. That's where you guys come in.

In essence, any of the 'first time' moments that happen in a relationship, I need you to think up and pipe to me so I can write it for this one-shot drabble I've got cooking.

Let the power of Cloti warm you~!

......yeah, that last part sounded a lot better in my head. I gotta think of a new ritual parting phrase........

okay folks, I'm enlisting you guys for a fanfiction enterprise!

Basically, I'm undertaking a rather daunting fanfic project. I'm going to write a fanfic that details all the 'first time' moments in Cloud and Tifa's relationship, starting with how they met each other and ending with..... well, I'm not sure yet.

I haven't played Dirge of Cerebus or assorted extended ff7verse games. :ohshit:

Do you have a fanfiction.net account? Link, plz.

I need something to read. :grin:

Can I join?

Oh and I have a question, how long was the period between the promise and Cloud leaving for Midgar? A few weeks, months? The next day? Just playing with a fanfic idea, probably gonna suck cause its my first time writing a FF fic but wth

Back