Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
Terra
Yuna
FFXIV
Ellia Lombardia
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Yep, apparently The Last of us 2 is actually a thing in development. There has been lots of speculation about the sequel, but today, Nathan Drake’s voice actor, Nolan North at Metrocon 2015, has confirmed it. Although nothing has been announced just yet, it is possible that the game will have an appearance next year. Nolan North also confirmed that due to his character David's
death in the first game
he would no longer be playing that character.

Skip to 1:06:30 ish

However, this still brings various questions about the sequel. *SPOILERS* below

If you haven't finished the first game, by all means, stop reading now.

Ages ago, Naughty Dog posted a "fanart" of Ellie as an adult

2524527-tlouellie.jpg

Even though this image is indeed fanart by the official artist, it depicts the true ending of The Last of Us that was only shown to several people. In it, Joel and Ellie are living with Tommy while Joel teaches Ellie how to play guitar. This Adult Ellie fanart might truly be the key to the sequel. It is all speculation, but many fans believe TLOU 2 will star Ellie as an adult.

Source: vg247

the-last-of-us-2-linkedin.png

The game was never truly a secret to anyone. It is good to have confirmation by Nolan North that a sequel is actually happening.

Alternate TLOU ending scene explanation: The performers, Troy Baker as Joel and Ashley Johnson as Ellie, acted out the epilogue on stage. According to the attendees' reports, the scene finds Joel and Ellie, the two protagonists of The Last of Us, living at the dam where Tommy, Joel's brother, was holed up. Joel mentions to Ellie that Tommy is trying to get him to tie the knot with a woman at the camp named Esther. But Ellie seems distant — perhaps because of her suspicions that Joel was lying to her about what happened in Salt Lake City.

Joel brings out his guitar and plays a song for Ellie about their journey together, and he is "clearly communicating how important she is to him," according to one report. Ellie warms to Joel, and he tells her a cringe-worthy pun that could've come from one of her joke books: "What's the downside of eating a clock? It's time-consuming." They laugh, and then Joel hands her his guitar and promises to teach her how to play, before leaving the room. Ellie strums one note on the guitar as the scene ends.

What would you like to see in the sequel?

Do you really think Joel will be a minor character in two, with Ellie as the major?

Will it be something completely different?

Let the speculation commence.

I'd rather a sequel just focus on a very different set of characters facing their own ordeals and story, independent from that of Joel and Ellie, while also part of the same hellish setting.

I know in an age of ubiquitous sequels, prequels and reboots, we're rarely going to see genuine self-contained stories anymore, but the way TLOU ended was PERFECT in my opinion. It dispenses with cliches, is a satisfactory conclusion and leaves enough open-ended questions (usually moral ones) for the player to think about on their own. It's a story that does not need a direct sequel and while I have faith that they can deliver something just as solid and well constructed for a follow-up, I would much rather they leave Joel and Ellie alone.

I actually like .Fleur's idea about the sequel focusing on two completely different characters. I know that's unlikely considering the ending of the first game. After pulling the players in and making them fall in love with Joel and Ellie and the dynamic of their relationship, I couldn't see Naughty Dog being like, "Have two newbies!" But it would be fun to explore either way.

I'm all for Ellie as an adult. I just hope they find a plot line to keep it refreshing. After a few of the Uncharted games, I kind of felt like the plot was starting to go 'blah'. Loved TLoU though. So much. I'm excited this has been confirmed.

The Last of Us Part 2 Release Date and Editions Leaked

Ellie-Joel-The-Last-of-Us-Part-2-Video-Game.jpg

The Last of Us Part II is releasing in February, 2020 according to a new rumor, and will reportedly come in four different editions. The highly anticipated sequel to the popular 2013 title was stated to be near the end of its development cycle in May.

The PlayStation 4 is receiving some notable exclusives in the latter half of 2019 and beginning of 2020. Death Stranding and Final Fantasy VII Remake are releasing in the near future, after all. It would not be hyperbole, however, to say the most hyped PlayStation title is The Last of Us Part II. The first was critically acclaimed as one of the greatest games ever made. The sequel was announced in 2016 during PlayStation Experience. There have been sparse major updates since then, and fans have been wondering about the game's release. Recently, a report stated the game was delayed to 2020, but a new leak states fans will have to wait seven short months to play the title.

The Last of Part II will contain four different editions: Standard Edition, Special Edition, Collectors Edition, and Ellie Edition. If the leak is accurate, that would mean The Last of Us Part II is releasing two months before Cyberpunk 2077, and one month before Watch Dogs: Legion and Final Fantasy VII Remake. As for when Sony will officially announce the release date, it's highly possible it will be during its next State of Play presentation. Sony did not attend E3 this year, so the company could be saving the announcement for its own presentations.

https://screenrant.com/last-us-part-2-release-date-ellie-edition/

Pre-order special edition for me - thankfully, Shopto have almost always delivered the day before release unless they're under an absolute strict embargo.

I've never been overly fussed on gaming merchandise, but I am a sucker for a good steelbook.

The Last of Us comfortably goes down as one of my favourite games of all time and everything I've seen from Part 2 gives me the impression it will be a phenomenal game; one of the few pre-orders where I have no genuine doubt about being disappointed / overhyped.

I'm very much looking forward to a darker revenge theme the game will explore - in part, if not from start to finish - the potential of Ellie carrying an 'at all cost' mentality will definitely drop devastating blows during the story. Naughty Dog delivered some beautifully raw scenes in The Last of Us; Sarah's death & Ellie bringing up Sarah to Joel for the first time were standout scenes for me in any game.

I'm looking forward to this, it might be worth noting anyone that hasn't played it but has ps plus it's one of the free titles this month....

Who am I kidding, everyone's already played it by now haven't they? Haven't they?

I'm looking forward to this, it might be worth noting anyone that hasn't played it but has ps plus it's one of the free titles this month....

Who am I kidding, everyone's already played it by now haven't they? Haven't they?

I've watched my husband play 25% before he gave up ... so uh, no I haven't played this game, I guess. :hmmm: I'm too chicken. I'll have to watch someone play Last of Us 2 if they ever stream because I won't be purchasing this game, but I'd still like to see how the story goes.

To quote Shigeru Miyamoto: “A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.”

Game delays don't bother me anymore, as long as the release is as good as it can be, Naughty Dog can delay the game for however long they want.

I would much rather have a complete and polished game at a later date than a rushed production to meet a release deadline. Given Naughty Dog's record over the last 10+ years, I have every confidence the necessary time will be taken to produce an amazing experience.

I loved the original game and I will definitely be getting this.

I have, however, deliberately avoided watching the trailers and gameplay footage in full. I've peeked at them, but I haven't let myself see them in their entirety.

Why? Because I loved the original game so much and I think this one deserves to be spoiler free (or as spoiler free as things can possibly be in the age of the internet).

I've never been keen on the idea of a sequel to The Last of Us, as that game was more or less perfect as a self-contained story. But Naughty Dog have waited to tell a story they want to tell, so a part of me trusts them on that. I know they care about it at least and it isn't a simple cash grab.

Back