Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origins invites us to go kill Chaos on 18th March 2022

moar chaos.png

Jack is back and he's still here to kill Chaos. I think. He doesn't utter the name once in this new Tokyo Game Show trailer, so how am I supposed to know what his motivation is? Nevertheless, this collaboration between Square Enix and Tecmo Koei's Team Ninja comes out on the 18th March 2022 for all major platforms except the Switch.

New characters appear in the trailer, and more throwbacks to the original Final Fantasy can be seen. The crystals' power fade and the land quickly loses its lustre as the darkness further encroaches. Might you and your companions be the four fated Warriors of Light to fell Chaos, or is Jack more than he seems?

Closing the trailer is the promise of a second demo coming soon with multiplayer features. Below are only logos for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series S and X, which suggests only current generation consoles will receive the demo.

Nova Crystallis

Last edited:
Linnaete

Linnaete

I'm looking forward to the 2nd demo - as long as it's playable :P But the trailer looked decent, still not sure if I'm sold on it as a Day One Purchase - A nice S-E steelbook edition could convince me otherwise of course :P I wonder if we'll see Announcment for various editions soon...

"Garland. Jack Garland."
Obviously this week's release of the new Bond film has rubbed off on Square Enix.

Not only that but "May the blessing of the crystal be with you, always " sounds a lot like "May the Force be with you, always" from Star Wars.

The pirate guy is a new version of Bikke, I presume. That could be cool to see.

Looks like a completely different game without CHAOS being in it.
It does look intriguing though.

That release date makes this one just around the corner.

Back