Oblivion_XIII

Shi no Tenshi
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Draken White
FFXIV Server
Phoenix
Alright, so I met this girl... and she is amazing. And we're going on our first date this weekend. Now, I've never felt this way before... about anybody. We've spent sleepless nights on the phone and her and I have a very strong connection. She listens to me and everything. Always wanted somebody like her.

Problem is, I'm afraid I'll fuck up the date and lose her. We're going to a movie and the mall... so can somebody help me and suggest what to do and what not to do. I've never been in a real relationship before, my other one was unhealthy and it wasnt ever real. So can anybody help?

Ight guy, I'm feeling helpful today, so thank your god/gods/whatever.

Well, I think the beginning of the segment should be the obvious stuff.

1. Buy her a little something at the mall, by asking her if theres something she wants.
2. Bring LOTS of cash. Trust me, it will come in handy, even if you dont spend a majority of it.
3. Don't be overly awkward. IK, it can be hard. But just try to act casual and it should all be good bro.
4. Don't try the yawn and "im tired" arm strech thing. It really doesnt work.
5. Try to open doors and stuff. That always helps.
6. Don't talk to her during the movie. Also, pick either a scary movie or a sad one. And dont be offended if she doesnt want comfort. Its just a good idea to pick a movie she might need it for.
7. Jus go with yer gut man. If she doesnt like you, big deal. Dont cry yourself to sleep about it. :T

Anyway, good luck and such :D Hope this helps :p

I don't think you need to buy her something on your first date like what that guy above said haha other than lunch and offer to get her movie ticket
Guys shouldn't have to pay for everything but I think it's important for a first date. If she doesn't at least fight you to pay the bill or reach for her purse I think she's a bit dodgy but yeah, defo get her meal and ticket, dont' worry about buying her anything else.

Ask her lots of questions. Girls fucking love talking about themselves so just ask her about stuff she likes or whatever.

And I guess just be yourself and relax. It's a first date, first dates are all about talking and getting to know eachother, I dont' think you need to do anything overly impressive.

Yup, like Tonipops said you dont need to buy her stuff on a first date. Getting her the ticket is gentleman enough. You dont wanna spend a load of money on her only for things to go badly and your out of pocket for it. Its maybe unlikely for you but i think most guys at one time have been out with a girl whos looking for a freebie and isnt really interested in you. If not we all know a guy whos had it done to him.

Its nice to get dinner but if she offers to pay half then you know this girl is a good one and shes interested in you. First dates are very important impression wise but its like testing the water aswell. You dont really know someone til youv been out with them. So dont go crazy with your money. She might expect the same royal treatment everytime you go out.

Going to see a movie first is good. It gives you something to talk about during dinner. So its important to watch something you both wanna see. I couldnt watch some shitty romantic film im bound to hate and sit and chat about it afterwards. But if you both spend hours and hours chatting on the phone then i dont think your gunna have any problems talking to her in real life dude. If shes willing to talk to you for so long on the phone then i dont think theres much you could do to fuck your date up. Shes likely just as excited and nervous as you are.
Continue being yourself and i think youl do just fine. But like tonipops also said let her talk about herself a bit. Make sure the whole conversation isnt just you telling her story after story. Woman need and want a chance to blab.

Youl do fine man.

Also make sure to shower and wear deodorant. B.O is a killer.
Prutzes are best left til later aswell @Saul Goodman

i wouldnt buy her anything, id think that was creepy if a guy said to me on a first date, HEY WHAT DO YOU WANT!? That could be welllll awkward. Feel free to pay for her popcorn or whatever, but you shouldnt feel obligated to buy anyone anything. And just becasue youre the guy doesnt mean you have to pay for everything, Im sure she has her own cash, Im always happy to take it in turns to get the drinks in etc.

You'll be reet, and at least at the cinema, you dont actually have to talk haha

Just be courteous, and talk about the stuff youve talked about with her already, it's not just you who's gunna be nervous she will be too

You'll be reeeet

Oh yeah, what Lewis said. Dont be a smelly boy. make sure you're clean and smell nice and wear something that youre comfortable in haha

Well I think the smell thing is common sense. Why even mention it :O.. Well like everybody else said just be yourself, dont be too awkward and make sure she doesnt feel bored aswell.

Shes not even kidding. The amount of people that stink of BO is ridiculous. Not everyone in the world is hygenic. Some people need to be reminded. Not saying that about our good friend here of course but these people are everywhere.

Here's my thing:

You might be thinking of how to impress her, but think of yourself for a bit.

1) Don't sleep with her on the first date.
2) Don't overbuy for her. You don't want a silver spoon lady on your hands. She'll expect to be paid for otherwise in the future.
3) Act like your interested, but maintain your cool. This is the hardest thing to do. Blind love, that first kiss, that first sex.. everything can be a killer in a relationship. So keep a level head.
4) Don't reveal everything about yourself, and don't over talk about yourself. Who wants a damn, self-absorbed blow hard.
5) Don't assume things. Make sure you take time to listen.
6) Feel her out. Take it SUPER slow, but don't get friend zoned. Make sure you read her well. Though women are fickle little things.
7) Last but not least, make sure you look her in the eye when speaking to her. I'm not talking about looking at her tits, thing, that's just in a movie, I mean don't look at the floor. I always say that the eyes are the window of the soul.

Now moving on:

As people say, groom yourself Rico. Don't look like a slob, and act a gent. Don't act like too much of a gent though, it'll be assumed of you to be like that for the rest of your time. Hold the door open, act like you own it.

My first approach to knowing if someone is awkward or not is to give them a huge hug right out the gate. You might be like..uhh.. but trust me. And Maybe it's a southern thing down here, but it is another thing about feeling a girl out.

If you intend to keep talking to her, back off a bit at times. Do your own thing, and keep yourself preoccupied, don't get destroyed when she doesn't pick up the phone or sign on to messenger. If she thinks you are over zealous it might weird the poor girl out. Don't come on to strong basically. Be cooooooooooool.

Also don't sulk, don't creep her out, and lastly make sure to try to keep things a little comical every now and again. If you can make a girl smile.. hell looks are overlooked sometimes. Just take my wife for example.. ;)

In my experience:

1) FOR GODS SAKE DO NOT MENTION YOUR PREVIOUS RELATIONSHIPS.
2) Don't get drunk, even if she does.
3) Never, ever f**k on the first date. It'll kill the relationship before it's even started. Even if you're pron star good in the sack.
4) Don't insist on paying for everything. I'd be insulted if a bird tried to pay for everything, so I'd never do it myself.
5) FOR GODS SAKE DO NOT MENTION YOUR PREVIOUS RELATIONSHIPS.

Definitely make sure you keep the conversation going, but you said you two speak a lot on the phone anyway so that shouldn't be a problem. Don't buy her any flowers/chocolates/etc it makes things awkward. Do as many activities and have as much fun as possible. If you can't make her laugh you don't really have a chance with her, it's more important than what you buy for her or who you are. Always be humble it makes whatever is good about you stand out. Good luck man!

Alright well, you're already fucking up.

You're worrying too much. The only thing you could possibly do absolutely right is genuinely enjoy what's going on. It sounds like a pretty good thing, and it's normal to fear losing it, but it's senseless. Let it flow naturally and don't complicate things with your worries. Communicate with her. She listens, right? Talk to her, get to know her. Don't shower her with cliches, just be yourself.

Yes, it's just as easy done as it is said. Don't convince yourself otherwise. Go with the flow, I can't stress this enough.

1) FOR GODS SAKE DO NOT MENTION YOUR PREVIOUS RELATIONSHIPS.

THIS. FUCKING THIS. Leave the past behind you. If you come back into this thread telling us "oops! I did that though!" then I'll virtually beat your ass.

Don't.
Mention.
Exs.

Well people. I literally took little advice from that... but it worked out. I won't go into details but there was no sex (probably the only thing I followed xD)

Thanks for the support

Back