Should Squall Opt for Plastic Surgery?

Should Squall Have Plastic Surgery to Remove his Scar?!

• Yes - He would look better without his scar

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • No - He looks better with his scar

Votes: 27 84.4%
  • I don't know

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters

Summer

Noob in Training :*
Gil
So for a few seconds at the beginning of the game, our beautiful Squall has a flawless face. No scars... baby smooth skin ;).
However, this does not last for long! And before we know it our main character has a massive scar between his eyes...

The question this thread poses is... would you prefer to see Squall Leonhart with or without his infamous scar?

Scars add character to a person and can even make them more interesting.

However, if we were to put this into more realistic terms - scars on the face would be seen as highly unattractive and should be dealt with immediately. That is if Squall is a vain guy from Hollywood... Who knows.... maybe he would be a diva... :gasp:

Anyway, for me... I personally like the scar. I would say keep it!

This being said, Squall is Squall and he is perfect any way :awesome:

What are you thinking! Squall's scar is awesome! and it definitely suits his character. Don't even think about getting rid of the scar!

Nah he should keep it. It gives that pretty boy baby faced issue a tougher image which is good for punks like Seifer. However...he has one now too.:starwars:

Definitely keep it :lew:

he's wayy to pretty to be wearing leather and fur and a pretty face without a scar. It adds a manly touch. :hmmm:

Well, without his scar Squall would be pretty generic and, since he's from a time from before it became highly unoriginal to have random scars across your face as a result of past trauma, he should keep it. Although if Paine is any indication, perhaps Squall did get plastic surgery, but for something else entirely :tehe:

Keep the scar, not to get me wrong, I actually like him without the scar, but plastic surgery can very much go wrong and at worst, ..........squall may opt for liposuction. Then he is no better than a rich housewife.

what the.. how can you even think of getting rid of that scar.... that what makes squall squall... doesn't it :gasp: and having something like that would be painful.. and riona might of have fallen in love with him cuz of that scar :mokken:

...and riona might of have fallen in love with him cuz of that scar :mokken:

Well if this is the case I definitely would have him remove it and then.. *insert pixel me* :awesome:

But on another note... over time scars heal and they don't look so pretty... So maybe this is a good reason for some 'maintenance?'
It would get bumpy and change colour from that fresh red haha xD.

Ridiculous! Plastic surgery doesn't exist in Final Fantasy :mokken: Neither does acne or phoenix downs during cutscenes. He could probably just use the cure spell on his scar but seeing as he has it he probably didn't want to get rid of it. Take in mind that he's also a soldier from an academy. The scar could symbolise his motivation for him fighting Seifer.

Ridiculous! Plastic surgery doesn't exist in Final Fantasy :mokken:

Indeed, in Final Fantasy of course it does not.
I was thinking more along the lines of in reality for this question. Some scars add character while others are seen as unslightly...

As Martel says, if he removed it he would become more generic. But isn't that what we do in real life now anyway? =/

This might be why Squall is actually so dour: perhaps he was picked on in the garden for having the scar. All the kids crowding around him, calling him mean names like "scarface" or "slitface" with the older ones making snide remarks about what they might be able to stick in there. If he got rid of the scar, he might be a totally different person...a happier one :hmmm:

Wow... that is thought provoking Martel ;).

Could Squall's scar directly be related to his level of happiness and personality.... Excellent point :awesome:

However, if Squall were to be happy then would he have been able to save the world? =X

Well, Squall did have abandonment issues even before he got his scar thanks to Ellone, but he wasn't quite so grumpy when he was a kid...well, not to the point when about 90% of his dialogue was either "..." or "whatever" with a lot of internal angsty monologue.

If Squall didn't have his scar, perhaps he wouldn't feel like such an outcast. He probably has a "who could love a face like mine?" sort of mentality in some way, as well as a massive inferiority complex to Seifer. Seifer has a scar as well, but Seifer is charismatic, manlier, and just more awesome than he is. Plus he has a girlfriend in Rinoa. When she suddenly started taking an interest in Squall, I doubt he'd honestly believe her, and not just because he doesn't want to rely on anyone else.

Squall is just a good soldier. Perhaps her wouldn't feel so inferior to Seifer if he didn't have a giant jagged slash running across his face constantly reminding him how much better than him that Seifer is. He gave Seifer one as well, but that was in retaliation, not out of any real skill...although that said, Seifer DID cheat and blast him with a fireball, so perhaps I'm reading too much into that. xD

If Squall actually had motivation beyond "teacher told me so" then he might have saved the world much faster. He has no real motivation for fighting. No scar = greater confidence = more likely to form an attachment faster = saves the world faster. Maybe.

This might be why Squall is actually so dour: perhaps he was picked on in the garden for having the scar. All the kids crowding around him, calling him mean names like "scarface" or "slitface" with the older ones making snide remarks about what they might be able to stick in there. If he got rid of the scar, he might be a totally different person...a happier one :hmmm:

But Squall got the scar right before the game begins(like literally within 24 hours I'd guess) and he already had a huge reputation for being a "lone wolf",etc. I doubt other students even had time to make fun of him since he was gone from the garden a huge while before returning to save it. If anything the scar gave him a different look, identity which allowed for character development or a sort of change into a better person. ^^

Ridiculous! Plastic surgery doesn't exist in Final Fantasy :mokken: Neither does acne or phoenix downs during cutscenes. He could probably just use the cure spell on his scar but seeing as he has it he probably didn't want to get rid of it. Take in mind that he's also a soldier from an academy. The scar could symbolise his motivation for him fighting Seifer.
Wow, that's kinda deep. It makes sense though. Sometimes us men are proud of our scars or we feel like keeping them will remind us of something that we shouldn't forget. I'm glad everyone pretty much has the same opinion here. Squall isn't Squall without that scar.

Um what a load of claptrap :srsly:

The scar represents his rivalry with Seifer, if you hadnt noticed they gave them to each other during the Fight in the opening sequence. The scar does add a sense of "Dont mess with me :amg:".

A couple of points:

@ Marty, you comments may have been in jest but, the fight in the opening sequence was only a day before the game so any subsequent picking on Squall would have to have been done in the Infirmary :lew: and the amount needed to make him so dour could not be done in a day.

It takes years of being traumatised by class mates to accumulate that kinda grief......:hmmm:

Also, when you think about the intensity of that battle and the power of the gunblades and the fact they were both PISSED at each other to begin with, when they Slice each other in the head how they could do it with such precision with out decapitating each other? huh? what?

What was the original question?

Um what a load of claptrap :srsly:

The scar represents his rivalry with Seifer, if you hadnt noticed they gave them to each other during the Fight in the opening sequence. The scar does add a sense of "Dont mess with me :amg:".

A couple of points:

@ Marty, you comments may have been in jest but, the fight in the opening sequence was only a day before the game so any subsequent picking on Squall would have to have been done in the Infirmary :lew: and the amount needed to make him so dour could not be done in a day.

It takes years of being traumatised by class mates to accumulate that kinda grief......:hmmm:

Also, when you think about the intensity of that battle and the power of the gunblades and the fact they were both PISSED at each other to begin with, when they Slice each other in the head how they could do it with such precision with out decapitating each other? huh? what?

What was the original question?
Best post I've read in a very long time! Thank you Mr. Flare

I totally agree with the scar representing the rivalry. Everytime you see the scar, you think of the opening sequence.

Back