SeeD Test

Haha, not me XD.

I became rank A taking the tests but, I did use a guide for all the correct answers I am gulity xD.

But, it went down fairly fast =/

I mean it's not THAT important who needs money anyways? xD.

Ive manaaged to do a few of the papers on my own knowledge/guessing but I just fly through with a list on answers now. It's too much like hassle. In fact even doing them with the answers is too much like hassle, so I won't even always bother taking them

I didn't use the official guide. I did what any cheapskate would do and used Gamefaqs and owned the shit out of it. :griin:

However, to be honest, I hated the thing. That whole system was pretty damned annoying.

Back then since I had so much free time I didn't use a guide. I just guessed on the harder questions I didn't know until I just eventually got them all right. That was before I discovered GameFAQs. Now I use it to find out the answers because I can't remember all of them. That is one of the few things I will use a guide/walkthrough for.

In the games between FFVIII and FFXIII they gave you money after battle.

Why do they have to screw around with a basic premise of these games?
I will admit that getting money for defeating monsters in the wilderness is a bit strange
but it beats the hell out struggling find funds in FFXIII or being punished for not doing things in spirit of SeeD in FFVIII. Annoying.

Initially I used a guide because it was my first FF game and I wanted to get it right first time and maintain a rank of A through most of the game.......but later play throughs I learnt enough from playing the game so that I could wing it!

The only question that I got stuck was about " If you afflicted poison and then afflicted with stop, when stop wears off poison will diminish HP agian?"......or something to that effect:confused:

Seriously how often were you exposed to those Status ailments one after the other at the same time?

Last edited:
Lolz, no way. Ive always used the guide. Sometimes the questions are easy enough, but the guide makes it alot easier for me. So nope, never did the tests without a guide.

to be honest, the questions are all yes/no, so if you take a long time it's easily possible to get it all right.

just answer yes for all questions at the first attempt, then change one of your answers to no in the second. then depending on whether your final score goes up or down, you'll know the answer to that question. repeat for all other questions.

but yeah, it's not necessary and not worth the time. you can't really buy many useful things anyway in VIII.

I never used a FAQ....I wasn't even aware there was one. lol
Okay, well, I knew somewhere someone had to have written it down for others, but I never really had internet or a computer around that time, so I wouldn't have known >.>

Lol I did shitty as fuck on them tests. I think I made it to maybe 6 or 7 w/o the book. Then after that I flunked the shyt out of them lol.
I never really bothered with them TBH, higher rank for money is overrated.

Last edited:
The first time I played I worked all of the answers out myself...and wrote them down for my next playthrough (then again, I've not managed to finish the game yet...)

I just happened to have the strategy guide so yes I did cheat :P I don't really understand it though. I know your paid for your work but... it just ended up being money that I never spent. Honestly, VIII was the one game that I spent the LEAST amount of money in. That happens I guess when you don't need to buy new weapons in every new town.

to be honest, the questions are all yes/no, so if you take a long time it's easily possible to get it all right.

just answer yes for all questions at the first attempt, then change one of your answers to no in the second. then depending on whether your final score goes up or down, you'll know the answer to that question. repeat for all other questions.

but yeah, it's not necessary and not worth the time. you can't really buy many useful things anyway in VIII.

I did this on my first play through. Found it easier to just look online after I got a computer. Now n days I can raise myself to A rank just playing. I even get to the point when I go from A rank to A rank. Its trying to put me higher but it just can't. Once you find out to refine Tents into mega potions and sell the mega potions, you don't need money. As the mega potions sell for a lot more then it takes to buy the tents.

I've done most of the tests by remembering how many answers I had wrong and then retake the tests constantly by checking out which one was wrong until I have all right. Eventually I left the tests as it was and didnt bother taking them anymore. I believe I've gotten to test 10?
In one playthrough I did use cheats as I didn't feel like using this method again.

I usually do the first few tests on my own, just because I can and I know the answers. On all tests after, I use the guide or the internet, because although I know some answers, I can't be bothered having to guess at the others until I get it right. It's too time consuming.

I'm not bothered much about rank though, so if my rank starts to fall, I won't build it back up straight away. Only if it falls right down and I start losing loads of money I bother doing it again. I do like my gil :8F:

Back