[S/D] Eureka Academy: Second Semester

if you are talking abt Nicolo Zorzi, i think i can track that down.

And will do. I'll keep track of the tardy students and teachers. As of now, ill need Akabea (?) as teacher since two went AWOL, so Oli, can you think of a name that u can use to encompass what you will teach? Even if its just about anything.

ANNNND here you go. Nicolo Zorzi

http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/showpost.php?p=899200&postcount=167

Last edited:
I'll have my teacher post up tomorrow. I feel like 15 people just kicked my ass and I'm too tired to write a post worth a damn.

Btw, Oli, timetable is up. If you can, gimmeh Akabea's link, or link his bio to his name in the timetable. If you dont like how it is, tell me and ill see if i can fix it.

Oh thanks Tipsy! Now I'll have Akabea teach probably Battle Tactics and Strategy. I never put up my Akabea Bio in the thread >.< I will probably put it in once I finish the teacher bios though ^_^

Upon checking back from the list on the front and counting Akabea and Zorzi, we have 40 characters in this rp. Though that may be 39 with squid dropping out.

And no, it is not the next day yet. Oli/Josh/ Lil will say its the next day, though it should be soon

Not next day? its 8pm XD what the hell are people doing. right bugger it. i have jack all to work with so i shall sleeep until it's the next day :P PM me when i can wake up haha

Y'know, I'm gettin' really confused about what's going on here :( That's the reason I havven't posted a long while..

EA tends to go far too fast at the start for some reason. I don't know why, it's not like its going to get us anywhere any faster.

Also, you can try bringing up the DisCom's reactions to your characters, FF, but I can tell you now... Veerle won't take kindly to you 'slandering' her Committee members good names. :'D

I have a week off work now so from tomorrow I should be able to get that fight with Shadow wrapped up quickly and get my third character finished. =)

Lul. My grandparents made me go to bed at 7:30PM in early elementary school. :hmph:!

Anywho, making a post now, and it is LONG. Now that I rp as two characters. In a nutshell, Estrella gets surprised by headmaster's outburst, greets newcomers, and Rosalynn teases the kid that got hurt by headmaster and makes herself comfortable in her dorm . :wacky:

There really isn't too much of a need to start off rushing but then again it's EA and everyone wants their characters to have some kind of development within the RP (unless you want your character to remain the same ^^). I can see why newcomers would shy away but the rp is meant to help Rping skills. If you can RP in Eureka you can be pretty decent at Rping anywhere!

Some tips to help those who don't really want to RP much would be to take examples from RP posts that seem like good reads to you and try to come up with your own. Also this RP does NOT have much of a steady plot so a BIG part of this rp is creating yoru character's own story throughout the rp. Get them out, meet other characters, and create a unique backstory or upcoming plot for them which will possibly change them. An example of this from the previous RP would be Orion. Since it was discussed with me, the development of this character seemed to come out of nowhere but grow in a sense since he PMed me about a storyline for his character. Now this character is a bit more disciplined and a bit more mature than how he started, thus character development.

If you don't know what to do, well since it's open you can DO ANYTHING. I don't really see how you could get bored. And with the missions coming up you can travel to different worlds, universes, etc. so it's kinda like many Rps in one. You can do whatever you like. Don't be shy just post and get those creative juices flowing. And if you run out of fuel feed off of other people's posts for inspiration. It's not too hard. If you don't feel like reading everyones posts just skim or only read posts that are close to who your character interacts with. You could also keep up with characters names with the handy bio list of characters on the front page if you're confused as to who is who =3

Not next day? its 8pm XD what the hell are people doing. right bugger it. i have jack all to work with so i shall sleeep until it's the next day :P PM me when i can wake up haha

The next day will most likely be time skipped at 10pm since the students need an early start. Also, keep in mind that the last RP took a friggin YEAR just to post for 3 whole days -__- (the first and last days were half days) So missing 2 hours could be like missing someone grow up, have children, and die xD Plus you can interact with anyone so talk and get out there!!! 0.0

Y'know, I'm gettin' really confused about what's going on here :( That's the reason I havven't posted a long while..

Er I hope I solved a little confusion. Just have Vale meet Pharra. She'll be annoyed at his happiness but she could probably stand him. Just have him as her to show him around xD Though she's at lunch now with Nicolo :hmmm:

Now that that's all settled its time to get in a post and then begin the teacher IDs along with Nicolo's ^_^

Have a good day students <3 But not too good :ahmed: - Akabea

Right, use the traitor as an example... But it is a good one.

When I first made Orion, I meant for him to be the humorous joker character that would keep everything up-beat. I then found that I couldn't do it, and my RP style worked better with how he is now. So I discussed it with Oli, got myself kidnapped, and ended with this. Though the kidnap wasn't planned, it worked out marvelously.

It's your move Vikki. And have fun everyone! This RP is about your character, not the RP itself. It's a place to test how your characters can grow, and to see different styles of fighting. Pay attention, as learning those may come in handy in a different RP.

I think the problem at the moment for me is just I base my posts on...'what would i do at this time in this situation' and it's hard to get out of that cycle. 8pm in a school when you're hungover XD to me that would be sleep time :P whether I could summon a dragon from my nipples or not lol

I'm all for a lengthy read cos I quite enjoy it, but if it's a RP for newb RPers with posts that are like....1000-2000 words. Thats a long read, and if there's a sequence of them before you can even post anything it can put them off or intimidate them i suppose would be the right word.

They may only be used to post 2 play RPs where each post may only be....3 or 4 sentences. To go from that to something like this is a big step. Yes, they could skip through a lot of it to just concentrate on what their character is doing. But if your character is talking to say...FF...well I've known FF for a long time XD and that lad doesn't do short :P by the time you finish reading half his posts you've forgotten what happened at the beginning haha

Last thing that we want happening is the people that the RP is really for, new players, to get swamped and pushed out of it because they feel like they cant keep up.

Hmmm maybe an accompanying thread specifically helping new RPers with tips, advice, and constructive criticism. Something that they can read, see more experianced RPers' input and think 'oh so thats how I can extend my posts' or ask questions like how to describe a situation better etc. I know that they can learn how to RP in classes I suppose but you can't really say IC 'right, so you need to describe your attack more as you swing this arm into that soft squishy bit of him but don't hit cos it's up to him if you hit' :P

I think when it all gets going and people are off doing missions and lessons and the like it'll not be as slow and new RPers won't feel so 'woah' about it because they'll be able to break off into missions with maybe 1 or 2 other people who are all relatively the same skill level at RPing and then it'll be a bit more bitesize for them cos they'll know they only need to read the posts specifically involving them.

And on a side note, I think the reason Yaoi wanted to leave was cos his character was bleeding to death or something and nobody was helping or something. I can't remember exactly, he mentioned it in SB. And PinSquid seemed to have 'emo'd off the floating island' as she put it. Hmmm well...I'm willing to chat with anyone in RP so just do what Vale did and bust into my room. Grigory's a bit of a sociopath so he's likely to be a bit prickly to people but dammet I tried with Vale haha I reckon I would have gotten along with a rivalry or something with Vale...would have worked.

Not ranting, just trying to give some feedback cos I wanna see it work is all :)

To all the new RPers, keep it up! Doing great so far.

Wah? Yaoi is quitting? Damn, did i miss the post?

But to be honest, wasnt he in a music room somewhere else? I think i might have forgotten where he was, but if he was in the corridor or basically away from the courtyard or Cafeteria, then he sorta brought that on himself. You cant expect people to half disappear from one place and appear in another.

But if he was somewhere else where a player is nearby, then iono. Gavin replied didnt he?

I think he's carrying on...I don't know. He just said he thought he'd give up on the RP in SB and that was the reason. *shrug* not sure if he has

EDIT: And where did i get 4k rep power from :S I don't even understand that stuff XD

@Servo , check your User CP. It has the rep that you receive listed and who gave it to you.

Anywho, just wondering if anyone in particular wants to sit with Rosalynn for dinner? Just curious to know before I select a random group for her to sit with (except the DisCom table. They already had enough surprises for one night. :wacky:).

Well, there is Maya and Eluniel's table, or you can go and sit in with i think Zorzi, Pharra and Escaflowne's table, though escaflowne is eating by herself, separate from the other two

Er I hope I solved a little confusion. Just have Vale meet Pharra. She'll be annoyed at his happiness but she could probably stand him. Just have him as her to show him around xD Though she's at lunch now with Nicolo :hmmm:

Hmmmm that could work i guess, *Shows magical cape and flies off to find your last post)

The problem with this RP and Me is that I'm used to RP's that have a 'follow the leader' kind of thing, which isn't in this one.

Back