[S/D] Eureka Academy: Second Semester

This isn't very friendly. I suggest everyone takes a step back and leaves each other alone. I don't know where FF gets off on getting on peoples backs for bringing a character into it that might not be original. It's not cool, bro. You wouldn't like it done to you.

Let's not fill up Oliver's discussion thread with bitching and ranting at each other. It's hardly polite to the RP creator. =/

Also, We'll see, Orion. It really depends on how Orion is with her. She's not going to take bullshit and she won't ever trust him because of his past. But she doesn't trust anyone bar one person, so :monster:

Ah. Well, at least she won't outright attack him. Though I am curious to see if she'll take him up on his offer to push him off the roof.

Once again i am sorry, but it all seems to have gotten straightened out no problems...

So I guess i should find some way of having Nova and the Prince show up for dinner then, since apparently it's going to be a "big deal" with lots of stuff going on...

Gawd dayum. Orion has a lynch mob after im.

By the by, Oli. i dont think i can get a timetable up.

Only Nova and Mishra have submitted subjects. Unless the other teachers submit what they wanna teach, there just isnt enough classes to make a full timetable like last semester

Well i know arr a bit and i doubt he would mind not having students, and i seriously doubt anyone would really want to take engineering classes... Although if your char wants something built/destroyed using stuff found in/around the average workshop his char would be the guy to talk to for those that dont just wanna throw a fireball at it!

As for me I could pick up a double course load if people would want me too... I mean Nova's a pretty all round girl... (that came out weird:P) Even if that would be a more 1 on 1 type lesson deal, i enjoyed the thing i had going last semester with that fire mage type deal...

EDIT: That said if you IRL have engineering issues he might very well be able to help you out;)

Btw, Crimson, since Maya and Evelynn are gonna be in the same dorm room, wanna make them meet? At some point?

Warning though. Dont go blurting out everything about magic and what not. She still doesnt know abt it yet and i have plans on how she slowly integrates into EA society. You can kinda graze the topic, but try to avoid being too transparent about it

Gawd dayum. Orion has a lynch mob after im.

Only Nova and Mishra have submitted subjects. Unless the other teachers submit what they wanna teach, there just isnt enough classes to make a full timetable like last semester

Well I could make a Healing/Defensive-magic and supervising teacher, and maybe another 'teacher' if you want.

If required to i could easily put Nova up for "all round magic", her approach might be a little odd but it's very globally applicable (if a bit heavy on theory... since paradox prevents her from demonstrating to much in classrooms...)

I will likely get on and post later, but I'm going offline for a while now, I need to have more family time, things are starting to get all ugly... >_>'

Kay a few things:

Also, can he say a forgiveness speech at dinner-time and try to lower hostilities?

Nah, he's good. It would be way clichéd and would definitely spark up anger. This ain't no Harry Potter, speeches are done in the auditorium. I'll notify you if I change my mind.

Apparently teachers in this RP are even lazier than the students. If they haven't sent in a subject Akabea would be delighted to let them go and teach subjects for them. This applies to Nathaniel and the prince mostly.

If required to i could easily put Nova up for "all round magic", her approach might be a little odd but it's very globally applicable (if a bit heavy on theory... since paradox prevents her from demonstrating to much in classrooms...)

You don't have to. I got magic teacher covered by someone else. Plus I don't think Nova has any magic ability herself :hmmm:...

Not making Ids today since I'm neck deep in college work and looking for a job.

The prince was intended as my TA/sidekick but if a course is required of him i am sure i can make something up... What do we still need? I could perhaps do something like mental discipline or something in that area but that seems more like a 1 on 1 type deal...

If i am missing something stupidly obvious here then please do correct/enlighten me...

Maybe the octopus can teach psychic powers like shapeshifting and what not since those kinds of powers are different from the average spellcasting? He is a psychic octopus right?

Psionic to be specific, mainly mind over matter type stuff... But he could set up shop as the 'my non mage character needs help' type deal, either as the assistant or as the primary go-to guy...

He'd be an obvious (if utterly stupid) choice for something like a guidance councilor since he is probably by far the weirdest guy on campus probably, "welcome to the freaks dude... I know i am one!"

The Magic Teacher is here. :ryan: If you need me to change anything, Jawsh, feel free to shoot me a PM. :grin:

Name: Ecthelion Anwamane
Title/Alias: Doctor Anwamane DAA (Doctrine of the Arcane Arts)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Age: 664 Years Old - estimated (or “years young” as he would like to joke)
Date of Birth: Not sure, but somewhere in between October 5th – December 12th
Place of Birth: The Ancient Lands of Ys (swallowed by the sea sometime before 1637)
Current Residence: Eureka Academy
Resides With: No one
Zodiac Sign: Much like his date of birth, he’s unsure
Race: Elf
Nationality: Ysian
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual (he rather loves the ladies)
Weight: 160 pounds
Height: 6’1
Skin Tone: Tanned
Eye Color: Blue – always hidden behind sunglasses
Hair Color: Off Green
Blood Type: AB+
Body Type: Slender
Personality: Ecthelion is a very kind individual. However, he can be mean when necessary. He isn’t very fond of tardiness, slacking, or smartasses. He is more than capable of being sarcastic or sardonic when he needs to be, and he rather enjoys it. However, when speaking to a student that he considers to be good, he’s always smiling, and he’s more than happy to interact with them.

He often puts himself after others. For example, if a good student was about to be shot or stabbed, he would take the blow himself. However, if it was a bad student, he would try to stop it, but “there’s not a snowballs chance in Hell” that he would take the blow for them.

He enjoys teaching, and people will always find a smile on his face when doing so. He has a very “hands on” approach, meaning that students will get just as much “practice” as they do “theory”.

NOTE: He loves to joke.
First Impression: When walking up to Ecthelion, one finds him very approachable, and easy to speak to.
Distinguishing Marks: None
Religion/Spiritual Views: Ecthelion subscribes to the “I don’t know, and I don’t care” philosophy.
Political Affiliation: Technocrat – the idea that those that can create the world’s greatest technologies should be in charge of the world, not politicians.

Appearance:
jq56xx.jpg

Attire: Ecthelion’s clothes are very old styled. He wears darker colors, typically black with the borders of his clothes being a lighter color. His pants are styled after the old Samurai dress. This is not for any other purpose than the fact that they’re comfortable. (“Honestly, have you not ever worn them? It’s like I’m wearing nothing at all.”)

He’s always wearing a pair of sunglasses. Not only to they hid his eyes, he believes them to complement his face.
Special Talents/Abilites: On quiet evenings when the sun is down, Ecthelion enjoys playing the violin.
Weapons: None
Strengths: Without a doubt, it’s his Magic. After all, he’s had 664 years to practice it.
Weaknesses: Also his Magic. It’s very rare, but he can lose control. If not careful, he can crush himself under the power of his own abilities. (A lesson he tries to teach students early on about the dangers of magic, and how power does indeed corrupt.)
Fighting Style : “Whatever works”, being a direct quote from Ecthelion. He can, and often has, “come out of the gate” swinging. He’s been known to take out a section of a small building just to kill an enemy.

Weapons : None. “I’m a Mage, I need no weapons.”

Magic : 1) The ability to control all elements with ease.
2) Enchanting – The process of enchanting an otherwise normal object to do something else not intended by the creator.
3) Transfiguration – The process of changing the shape, or entire form of another object.
4) Gravity alteration – The process of altering gravity around an object, or oneself, to make one fly or float.
5)Technomagology – The process of using magic on technology to form one object of many practical uses out of many objects with a singular practical use.
6) Telepathy – The process of getting into the mind of an enemy, or sending messages through thoughts with friends
7) Summoning – Used only as a training tool, he will often summons monsters and demons for his class to practice their skills on.
8) Teleportation - The act of transporting from one location to a location of even further distance away in no time at all.

Favorite Food:
Shrimp
Least Favorite Food: Mushrooms
Bad Habits: Smoking and rambling
Job/Occupation: Professor (or Doctor as he prefers to be called) of Magic Theory and Practice 101 at Eureka Academy
Past Occupations: Classified.
Activities/Organizations:
Speech: Ecthelion’s tone is high and mighty sounding, but without a doubt friendly.
Quote: “Attention class, today I am summoning a high classed demon from another realm that you’re all going to have to work together to kill. Why are you giving me that look? Did I mention I was kidding yet?”

Relationship Status:foreveralone.jpg “What’s the point of dating when all of your lovers die before you do?”
Relationship History: Ecthelion has been married a few times. However, being an Elf, he lives much longer than they do. All of his ex-wives have died before him.
Family: None
Personal Adversaries: None
Close Companions: None
History: Ecthelion was born over 600 years ago in the Ancient Lands of Ys. He lived a relatively normal childhood, and trained to become a Mage. Being an Elf, he doesn’t age normally. In fact, old age for an Elf would be around 1600 years old. He lived on Ys for many years until the sea came to take Ys for itself. Since then, he’s traveled the world, practicing his craft. He’s often had many pupils, and he’s trained them all well. Some of them went good, some of them went bad, and Ecthelion put an end to all of the ones that went bad.

He’s also had many lovers, but they’ve all died before him. Ecthelion has never met another Elf since Ys fell. He doesn’t know about Riven, and in all reality, doesn’t know if there is another Elf in the world that’s still alive.

His many adventures led him to Eureka Academy where he plans on teaching Magic to a new generation.

ID Info

Color: Dark Green
Picture:
m9vvwz.jpg

Dislikes: Bad students, and mushrooms

Last edited:
Glad to see that you like him. I literally just came up with him on a whim, and wrote him in less than 30 minutes. :gasp:

/me uses his "i approve of this" stamp:P

Me and Oli were discussing the octo's class(he's afk for class atm), I'm actually sort of glad i dont have to do magic;P as Nova's interpretation of magic goes sort of against all stereotypes... Starting from the ground up and explaining that there IS no black/white/green/grey/orange-with-purple-dots magic might ruffle a few feathers but it's how she was taught...

EDIT: Ooh for the record i believe the pants in question are called Hakadama but i could be mistaken...

I should possibly post but I've not got the time tonight. Hmmmmm tricky one. And a killer migraine isn't helping.

Back