RPG Inferno Suggestions Thread

hey Wolf, I guess that Howl Spell that is in your spell book isn't going to be up for Grabs at any point in the RPG Eh?

That is a Director Crimson exclusive spell. :giggle: I don't make much of a habit of making an excessive amount of exclusive stuff of every kind for myself, just a little, which I rarely use anyways, because they are broken. :wacky:
Where can you get ra spells? :gonk:

The Cookie Monster smiley? :rofl:

Yes. :lew: But it is just called Cookie Monster. =P And in Mystic Forest 1, via that Mysterious Messenger NPC at Dipan Outskirts Side Path.

Pretty funny really, everything is COOKIE!!! :XD: And the requirements make it so players won't get into areas early and get in over their heads too much, and won't just get carried through it by stronger players. >.> Anyone in the areas will be Level 35+. :P

Magic is capped at 200 outside of pets, while physical damage can exceed 500 with dual wielding. If anything warriors are overpowered, particularly with Berserk and Slash with one handed weapons

There's no way, a single wield warrior could deal over constant amount of 500 damage unless they had 600 STR, and to do that you'll have to sacrifice other stats. Tells you a former warrior who had over 400 STR and 300 DEF.

On the other hand, dual wielders can deal over 500 damage with around 450 STR. The problem is that players are focusing on going to the extreme with their stats by neglecting other defensive strategies such as adding some defense or magical defense.

The strongest component weapon that can be made has a STR of 30 both for swords and claws. At this point, dual wielding is far ahead of single wield. Again, it all depends on your equipment, your DEF stats, and their weapons.

People really need to start looking into other stats instead of going to the far end of their build.

A Berserker should focus on STR and DEX and SPD, but low DEF, MAG DEF, EVA, HP and MP.

A Defender should focus on HP, DEF, STR, and DEX, but low Mag DEF, SPD, MP, and EVA.

An Assassin should focus on SPD, EVA, DEX and Mag DEF, but lack in HP, DEF, MAG, MP and have some moderate amount STR.

Pets however kill the whole purpose of having classes since they can either become a Mage or a Warrior, or a HP Wall.

This could be tried to balance out in the item type settings. But it requires constant testing, adjusting, and by this point, could be a pain in the ass to set right.

But for the sake of suggesting something (I don't remember every single piece of the RPG ACP since it's been a long time since I last saw it, so if I am mistaking somewhere please Directors (or anyone who is familiar with Inferno) correct me). :)

Daggers Class (NOT the item stats) :
STR: 15%
DEF: 0%
EVA: 50% (they are daggers for crying out loud. They shouldn't be very light)

SPD: 25% (if the setting is there...but can't remember)

DEX: 0 % (becomes 20% with dual daggers)

Medium Sword Class:
(can be equipped with Shields)

STR: 40%
EVA: -15%
DEX: 15% (though if the Items are heavy near the Weight Limit, this part should be increased since the closer you are to the limit, the more likely you are to miss)

SPD: 0%

Shield:

DEF: 15%
EVA: -10%
DEX: -5%

Large Swords:
STR: 50%
DEF: 30%
DEX: 50% (since they should be quite heavy)
EVA: -60%

Large Armour:
DEF: 30%
EVA: -15%

Small Armour:
DEF: 15%
EVA: 30%

Light Boots:
EVA: 25%

Medium Boots:

DEF: 25%
EVA: 0%

Mage Staff:
DEF: 10 %
EVA: 30%
STR: -80%

*Mage Staff: BUT, lots of enchantment points. The spells can either cast a DEF increasing spell or a MP restoring spell. Basically a mage attacks to absorb MP. It could also sap MP from the target and restoring the same amount to the user. However, the item deals NO damage.

Again, setting all of this correctly is a PAIN in the A$$! :jtc:

Pets however kill the whole purpose of having classes since they can either become a Mage or a Warrior, or a HP Wall.

There are no classes, in this RPG. You can adjust your stats. So the use of pets is not really changing anything. The object is to create a character that optimises what is offered you. You will notice, in my upcoming area, that I force players to have multiple abilities. Not just be strong in one type of attack.

I was just wondering would it be possible to put a checkpoint along the Mystic Forest before the boss? I find myself running out of potions and MP as or before I reach the Ice Titan.

There are no classes, in this RPG. You can adjust your stats. So the use of pets is not really changing anything. The object is to create a character that optimises what is offered you. You will notice, in my upcoming area, that I force players to have multiple abilities. Not just be strong in one type of attack.

I think what people are mainly refering to is pvp balance more than pve, in the terms of pets and stacking.

In pvp its far too easy to just stack out defences and let your pet do all the work for you as you sit like an immovable object not being able to be damaged, as pets like Ifrit and Tonberry, whom bypass the magic damage cap imposed can simply spam somone to death with lantern or hellfire.

Sure its easy to enforce these things in pve, since mob stats are far easier to manipulate, but it still doesnt address the pvp issues, that many are concerned over.

I was just wondering would it be possible to put a checkpoint along the Mystic Forest before the boss? I find myself running out of potions and MP as or before I reach the Ice Titan.

Hm, well there is that Healer Mage in the 4th place, where you can have your HP & MP healed for a price already. :hmmm: Are your spells mastered? They consume a significantly lower amount of MP once they are, and overall just more effective with a lower miss chance.

They're very close to mastery, and I did it with help, but now it's the Behemoth. Maybe put a Healer on the path before the boss? :/

I think what people are mainly refering to is pvp balance more than pve, in the terms of pets and stacking.

In pvp its far too easy to just stack out defences and let your pet do all the work for you as you sit like an immovable object not being able to be damaged, as pets like Ifrit and Tonberry, whom bypass the magic damage cap imposed can simply spam somone to death with lantern or hellfire.

Sure its easy to enforce these things in pve, since mob stats are far easier to manipulate, but it still doesnt address the pvp issues, that many are concerned over.

Well you could always kill the pet before fight. So people don't have to dismiss the pet to have a one on one pvp.

Well you could always kill the pet before fight. So people don't have to dismiss the pet to have a one on one pvp.

That would be one way, but not many would agree to it, due to the pet losing obedience level through it being killed, not to mention we currently have a few players that have become excessively pet reliant.

Would it be possible for pets to be just granted a "Does not activate in pvp" flag?

As for stacking def/str/eva in pvp will there be anything brought in to counteract this other than pet reliance without having to switch your build to stat in stuff you dont have any intention of using in your prefered build just to kill someone because they went and stacked heavily in one or two stats? for instance would it be possible to implement a bare minimum damage cap to weapons to avoid people hitting for zero? if they score a hit they score a hit and its quite disheartening for them to see "Hit for Zero" damage, over and over again.

Builds for pvp are totally different than builds for pvm. As for pets losing obedience percentage, that can be easily fixed by training pet again. It really doesn't take that long to boost the taming percentage up. To be honest, I do not see a problem with pets being used in pvp. If anything, it would make the fight more interesting and last longer. Since pets can balance out what the character is lacking.

If you wish to setup rules in a pvp and the person doesnt want to follow, you just don't fight them.

Builds for pvp are totally different than builds for pvm. As for pets losing obedience percentage, that can be easily fixed by training pet again. It really doesn't take that long to boost the taming percentage up. To be honest, I do not see a problem with pets being used in pvp. If anything, it would make the fight more interesting and last longer. Since pets can balance out what the character is lacking.

If you wish to setup rules in a pvp and the person doesnt want to follow, you just don't fight them.

Agreed. :awesome: Having a pet during a PvP battle can add more strategy into it and make it more exciting really, but if you don't want them in pvp battles simply find someone to agree to just killing the pets off first before getting to fighting, and if someone doesn't agree to this, don't battle them. :P

Berserk costs 10000 and Focus costs 50000. Seems a little unfair.

Well, Focus is later in the RPG, and stuff costs more as the monsters leading up to it and around that area give way more Gil, as I am sure you've noticed (you can get around 10k a battle against three enemies in Mystic Forest 5, and even more in one of the later areas of this latest set. :hmmm:

All things considered, seeing the vast difference in time of addition, and the fact that while active, the spell both increases the strength of every spell you cast, and increases your chance of evading attacks, it seems reasonable, everything in that shop sells for a pretty steep price, the Mage runs a monopoly with his wares. :wacky:

But they are exceedingly useful for Mages, made me decide to go that way for the time being and see how that works out for me.

Is there a chance that new weapons will be added to the RPG in the future? I personally think that the RPG should have more weapon types so there can be various of players with different weapon class than just Mage and Warriors. I would gladly love to see Katanas, Ninja Swords, etc added to the RPG. This is my personal opinion about it. Let me know what you guys think of this idea.

Pretty sure Katana would be planned for the RPG in at least one of the RPG Directors' minds... :hmmm: As for Ninja Swords...I think Dagger and Katana item types/classes would have Assassin covered pretty well, but that's just my opinion.

I definitely feel there should be a Katana item type/class, but I can't just add it, have to bring it up to one of the other RPG Directors. If not for that, I'd add the Katana item type/class right now. :P

Ay chance of lowering the drop rate for Coins for Kahless in Koloth's area? And also, is it that high a demand for the Magic cap to be raised slightly at this point?

The magic cap is 400 if I remember correctly, and with Berserk on, I can do that in one hit. I was teamed with Diar earlier and thought that was rather unfair that I could do nearly double the damage he could. I also tried being a mage and my magic was double the magic defense of the things I was fighting (with the tier 1 spells, granted, because I don't quite have the arcane for the tier 2s) and I found it ridiculous that it was capped at 200. Someone with double the strength of the defense of what they're fighting would kill it much faster than a magic user could. It just seems... really unfair. :ness:

Well, unless I am mistaken, I believe ahead in one of the areas one can get significantly stronger spells. If I am wrong about this, I'm gonna feel pretty embarrassed about it, so you might want to get your umbrella out. :wacky:

Back