RPG Inferno Suggestions Thread

There are banks, I don't think Solde has a bank, but nobody has complained about it so far. If people want one adding I can't see why not, although if it was a huge thing something would (or should) have been said sooner.

It's not a big deal, i just thought it'd be handy to have a band earlier on so newbies don't have to worry about losing too much money, is all. :)

I don't know it it's already been said, but i know that you can dual equip some weapons, and not others. I'm suggesting that next to all the weapons there are u either put (1-H) for a one handed weapon which u can dual wield of (2-H) for a weapon u need both hands to wield. If u do, then the stats for the 2-H weapon should be double or close to that as the 1-H weapon.

Yes, Two-Handed weapons should tend to be at least significantly higher in it's Strength statistic than One-Handed weapons, but at the same time it's Defense stat may be lower, as Two-Handed weapons are usually double edged: Hits may deal greater damage, but you yourself are also more vulnerable.

And keep in mind not all "One-Handed" weapons can be dual wielded. For example the Sword item class; you may equip a non-attackable piece of equipment, purely for defensive purposes, to the other arm, like a Shield (Sword + Shield is the classic weapon setup for Warriors, though they have plenty enough strength to wield a Two-Handed weapon, and make for the ideal class for it).

But anyways, are you suggesting that beside any weapon's title, it says whether it is Two-Handed, One-Handed (can use with Shield or other non-attackable item class equipped to arms), or Dual-Wield? :hmmm:

Yea, i am suggesting something like that. Because like you mentioned before the 2 handed weapons normally double edged ( as more strength but less attack speed or defense and etc). I think that if would be helpful to any new people, or people that haven't played the rpg before to have little notes next to the description saying that it can be dual wielded, or wielded with a shield or just use both hands to wield.

I think that it would challenge people to see who would come up with a better strategy, go with two one handed weapons (i.e. shield and sword or sword and sword) or just use the brute strength of a great axe or broadsword.

Also, I'm not sure if i haven't got far enough into the game where weapons have modifiers on them or not yet, but i think that all weapons and armor should have a certain amount of added stats to it. For instance in the beginning when you are able to get your first set or armor, i noticed that there are no defensive or mdef boosts on it. Or any of the weapons that i have aquired so far into the game. I dont know if you guys did that for a reason or not, but normally when you have armor or weapons equipped, they normally improve your stats a little bit (weather it be plus 4 def and misun 1 str, or vice verso). That also improves the gameplay so you wouldent need to grind to get to a good level where you stand a chance against certain bosses, but it also puts an aspect of intelligence to it. Like with staffs or swords, they could contradict each other where the sword would give plus 5 str and take away 5 mag, while the staff is plus 5 mag and minus 5 str.

When negative factors come into play people will have to use their AP points to cover their loss, which improves game-play ad how well you are able to think of a strategy against the negative stats.

That does sound like a good idea, however, from what one of the old Directors (think it was Adamant or Koloth, I forget :hmmm:) there is a glitch in the RPG that if you go into negative stats, it counts as a + so with enough 'negative' stat it could break the game :hmmm:

That's if modifiers can be worked in reverse, I forget :wacky:

Yea, modifiers can be reversed in stats. Easy enough to do. The problem would be making it so that there is a minimum amount of stats. Say that none of the stats can be below 5.( which means that your end stat for str, def, mag, m def, speed, etc cannot be below 5, or a prompt would appear saying you need to raise that base stat first)

Another issue that is had to fix is the effect of (double stacking) your mods. That means that if you have any equips that affect your stats, you will have to remove your equipment before you change your stat configuration.

For example: you are equipped with small Armour and 2 Short-swords. Each has a mod of +5 str and +5 def for a total of + 15 str and def. Then lets say you gain a level. So you would now want to add your new AP points correct? If you do it without removing your equipment first you could end up with the mods stacking on themselves which causes you to end up with +30 str and def. It also works vice versa with negative stats. Thats why if there are any mods on weapons or equipment they are normally small so that it wont cause any big problems if they are stacked.

That may be what the admin before was talking about, but i know my way around things to fix them, i was a rpg moderator before on a couple sites, so i know a lot of this stuff :) lol. Just trying to make this rpg as the best that it can be.

(EDIT) I also noticed that in solde town there is an enchantment for antidote, which readds as followed (Removes Poison effects from the target). Which means that it has a 40% chance to cast. But since its an enchantment it can only be used on weapons. Since it can only be used on weapons, you would be casting antidote on your enemies not on yourself. Since you cant attack your allies, it seems pointless to have it as an enchantment. Sorry to say but i believe it would make better off as a spell.(edit)

Last edited:
Of course it can, but whether or not it does have much different spell levels may or may not be, that is for when the RPG is opened, RPG players to see. Let's play it safe and say that. Feel free to cross your fingers, but for now, just be patient, the future can be unpredictable...

Okay so some suggestions for the current RP:

1. Um upon beginning there was ALOT of unnecessary text to read. O__O I mean most things could be cut out and it would sound good but like the first part I just skipped like tons of text. Please shorten it :)

2. I know you love CW but using him as an NPC in every npc part of the beginning toned up the boredom factor for me. It would be nice to have more npc's for the shop and the beginning.

3. Um the battles are kind of...the same as they were from last time. The only thing that got me was the amount of gil won and the amount of battles required to gain a level. I think it would be nice to help beginners in the beginning part of the game. I mean winning one battle almost killed me, and I only got 13 gil which would mean I'd have to fight another battle wounded in order to get enough gil to buy another potion. If I'm a mage I can't afford both mp potions and hp potions so I'd be fucked o__o. Please give more money from battles.

4. It would be nice to have some sort of plot to the game. It felt like in the beginning I just woke up in some place with some random wolfman who knows my name and who is apparently god telling me to test some "trial tower". It didn't seem like there was any story elements whatsoever :/

5. I think that it would be nice if the game were easier in the beginning for beginners to grasp the hang of things and then get harder the more you level up (level 50 preferred).

You don't have to do exactly what I say but those are just some suggestions and my thoughts on things XD

...I'm sorry, but it's a little bit of a drag. My MP is nearly totally drained at the end of a single battle, meaning I need to return to get healed and restock my potions every three battles. And there's 10+ floors? Maybe the opening could have had a little more... oomph than one person spawning outside a tower? It's a little bit lacking in real drive and compulsion and leaves me wondering... why am I climbing this tower?

Aside from that, I have a few small problems with the general grammar, which probably isn't all that important in the grand scale of things. If you want to give the script real drive, keep it short and sweet instead of the text walls.

This is an attempt at constructive criticism, so don't take it badly, but I think that the RPG needs a little more drive, condensed text walls... and less of a grindfest. It needs a little more plot and a little more drive. Take this as you will. It's just my opinion, and as a writer and RPer myself, my expectations are higher than some others I suppose.

Back