RPG Inferno Error Report Thread

Well that happens a lot, specially in boss fights. I am not sure if it was coded that way, but whenever a monster is on the brink of defeat, it suffers a drastic boost in either its strength, evasion, and or defenses. It does happens, it can't be avoided unless your strength is drastically much greater than his defenses. Also, it depends on the weapon you are using, the body part you are attacking and the equipment in each bodypart.

i don't think this is a glitch but rather an error inputing thing or if its suppose to be like this which i don't, anyway so the spell waterga is hitting twice in a round instead of just once while all the other spell only hit once.

but it would be cool if this wasn't an error cause hitting for 400 in a single attack is pretty awesome for this part of the game

Yeah, thank you for reporting that... Guess i accidentally made it a 2 turn. >_<

Gotta go nerf it now though D:

EDIT: Well this is just slightly odd.... It is only set to one turn...

I just tested Waterga and I see what the problem is.

Back when I first made the -ga spells (before Prom joined staff, hence not knowing about this) I made Firaga first and copied over it's effects for the other 3 -ga spells. I've fixed it now so it only has Waterga's effects but if you notice anything similar with the others, post here and myself or Prom will fix it.

I'm not really sure if this is an error but, I just got through the Assassin Cave of Trials, I bought the enchantments. Poison Arrow takes a staggering 60 Enchantment Points (I haven't seen a single piece of equipment with that much as of yet), and Shadow Slip, when I tried to use it, says it can't be used at that area.

Ok I will fix it so Shadow slip works on that alter. As for the 60 enchantmant points for that other enchant, Damon will have to fix. He may have a reason for doing that.

Okay, thanks again Koloth :D

It's fixed. One more thing though, I don't think anything can be done about this but it is frustrating so I thought I'd at least let you know for future reference. Daggers have a -5% chance to hit modifier. So with 2 daggers that makes -10% I guess? That and the fact that the monsters in the Assassin's Tunnel of Trials have ridiculously high EVA, they're impossible to hit. I have 110 DEX and I still miss Kain 3, with 90 EVA, almost every time. Even with Deadly Slash putting DEX up to 122 I miss a lot. The Attack Type you gave us makes daggers the best but they fail to hit D:

Like I said I don't expect a change but in the future keep in mind that all the equipment have modifiers.

Last edited:
The Assassin Crossbow and Killer Bow are the only weapons with 60 Enchant

And I had similar bother with Kain 3, if you use Watera though the odds should switch in your favour

Wow, it looks like Assassins got it rough. :ness: This is why I haven't dual wielded at all in this RPG Inferno yet, I like being able to land a strong hit with each turn then keep missing and going out of my mind with frustration with Daggers missing, I couldn't stand that. :gonk:

Well the monsters stats force you to have incredible DEX anyways. So it's not too much of a bother, you'll need the extra DEX later, why not now?

Also I will admit we got off easy with our EVA. All of our equipment have dodge modifiers so even with the Kain 3's 120 DEX he still misses occasionally, though I only have 60 EVA.

Just a note, not sure if its an intended thing or a bug, currently crafted steel armor and weapons are exceptionally worse than the storebought iron weapons and armor sets that are readily availible and far easier to obtain.

Just some stat comparisons:

Steel Large Breastplate: Strength: 10 Defence: 20 Weight: 60 (requires 6 steel and 15 welding to craft)
Iron Armor: Strength: 25 Defence: 45 Weight: 40 (store bought)

im guessing this an unintended thing as all crafted armor and weapons seem to be vastly inferior to the storebought counterparts, kind of a downer as i was hoping to craft all my gear :sad3:

I keep getting an error saying that I can't teach spells it to the pet, and when I click on just to learn the spell, it says "The arcane skill requirement to learn this spell is greater than that of your own/pets" even though the minimum is level 5 arcane, and Alicia has that Dx

Also, is there a way to deactivate the jukebox? The pop-up every battle is getting annoying X_x

For the spells: Certain pets can only learn certain spells. The horrible girl Alicia cannot learn anything, although she comes with one spell: Heal

Go to Inventory>Pet Spell Book> The check the box next to "Heal"

That should teach her the spell.

Jukebox: Go the RPG CP> RPG Options> Disable Jukebox

Thar you go :neomon:

Ah, really? So having her as a mage is out of the question? :ness:

Well damn >_>

Oh, thanks about the jukebox >.<

Okay, I have over 420 str to King's (Adamant's) 340 and I deal 0 each time? I think something is very wrong with that? Is there some sort of error or something?

Well that's odd, can't imagine how you would deal 0 damage with that STR, and when it comes to that, I pin it on very bad luck. xP

Maybe he just has really good defense on his equipment, and probably really high DEF, in which case I could see him getting lucky with taking the odd 0 damage hit, RPG Inferno can be inconsistent, that's just the program's fault, can't really fix that unfortunately...

Is there any way to fix the really erratic damage magic does. It does 200 one round then 62 the next. It's very odd.

Also, is the lack of a decrease in MP cost for Berserk as a levels up on purpose? And why?

Yes, I don't think the MP cost has generally changed from level ups for the Berserk spell in these RPGs. If I made the MP cost decrease per level up, I would have the MP cost go down to 50. Since it is stronger now it probably should cost more, but I know players would surely rather this lower MP cost. ^^;

Don't hate me for this, but considering the maximum effectiveness of the spell just got increased astronomically I find an increase in MP cost a necessity...once mastered it will only cost 10 more MP though.

I was thinking more a decrease in MP cost than an increase in the effect. :lew: Maybe a decrease of 5 MP per level, and keep the increase the same. I'm aware the augment itself is huge as it is. Anymore might be kinda unfair for non strength oriented people. Sorry if my pickiness is annoying.

Back