RPG Inferno Error Report Thread

No problem. And I didn't adjust the values of it's stat boosts, so I wouldn't touch those until speaking with the one who did. >.> MP cost is currently set to go down by 4 per level up. :hmmm:

I cast Berserk to test it just now.

Virgo casts Berserk
unarmed_mastery.gif
on them self.Berserk effects Virgos' stats (STR +250, DEX +30) .

Yeah, I think it is really, really high, but I'm not messing with it until I've discussed it with Koloth... <.< Thought the DEX increase was raised too, but doesn't look like it...odd.

The reason for erratic hits is two. One is the MAG DEF of opponent and the other is the min damage setting of the spell. The reason the min is low is so spells work similar to how melee works. Meaning it isnt totalling accurate. If spells hit high all the time, it would not be totally fair and balanced with melee. This is done so MAG DEF works properly also.

Well Berserk could be changed so it only goes up real high with high mag. Well Bolt and I discussed this yesterday. Reason Berserk STR was increased because of some issues with people using mith armour and setting high def.

Okay, I have over 420 str to King's (Adamant's) 340 and I deal 0 each time? I think something is very wrong with that? Is there some sort of error or something?

It is not an error. It is because of your weapons. In fact, we have over 400 str with weapons that have only 30 STR.

Adamant has a defense of 340, only 80 points away from your top strength. His equipment adds 50 equipment defense points for a grand total of 250 bonus. Even though armour stats and character stats does not adds in a total, it does plays a role. In theory, Adamant's theoretical defense would be around 590 (or a range between 450 and 600) with his armour. That if we add that he is using Two Shields, Shields boost defense.

This works the same as Flame Flan's armour. The armour has 999 DEF. Hence why you can't damage it. Back when I was Director, I once gave the Bank Guard an armour of 9999 DEF because I wanted to make sure there was no way to reach that STR level with weapons and stats.

Besides, you have a pet that can cast a spell with a high base damage. It would be unfair if you could overpower a mage with both physical and magical attacks. And this is coming from a player who plays a warrior role.

The reason for erratic hits is two. One is the MAG DEF of opponent and the other is the min damage setting of the spell. The reason the min is low is so spells work similar to how melee works. Meaning it isnt totalling accurate. If spells hit high all the time, it would not be totally fair and balanced with melee. This is done so MAG DEF works properly also.

Mag DEF works as long as the initial damage of the spells is not overpowered. If the spell is set to always have a base damage of 150, I don't see much use of having high Mag DEF if my mage opponent will deal around 250 damage. :)

Well Berserk could be changed so it only goes up real high with high mag. Well Bolt and I discussed this yesterday. Reason Berserk STR was increased because of some issues with people using mith armour and setting high def.
It's not because of the settings, it is because of our weapons. Our defensive equipment is FAR superior than the offensive equipment we could create.
RPG Inferno said:
Neclord casts Berserk
unarmed_mastery.gif
on Lost Tonberry.Berserk effects Lost Tonberrys' stats (STR +250, DEX +30)

This is not fair for mages. 410 STR + 250 = 660 STR Boost. That with DUAL WIELDING ensures that most dual wielders would take down any pet in one or two hits by dealing two strikes of over 400 damage per hit. I think that NO player should be dealing around 1000 damage per attack. That would leave the mage in a one against two scenario seeing that mages still can't deal that much damage.

In fact, daggers and gloves should be weaker than single wielding weapons. You can't compare a double handed sword with a kitchen knife and say that they both should deal the same damage.

In fact, the only thing daggers should do is increase the EVA% (adjusted in Item Type/Class settings) of the user, hence it is the weapon of choice of assassins. Dual wielders are NOT supposed to be heavy hitters, warriors and berserkers are.

Now I don't want to imagine a player with high EVA, SPD, DEX and 600 STR. Dual wielding with 800 STR? Expect players to team and overpower the next areas with relative ease.

Well Julius, I didn't notice this until just now, but that Berserk issue has since been fixed, it increases STR by up to 100, and DEX by up to 50, as Focus does with MAG and EVA respectively. :P

Your level is too low, get to Level 60 first. >.> Apologies for that not really being made clear at any point within the RPG Inferno...just a matter of satisfying the Level requirement that is there, first. :monster:

Mystic Castle Hallway F3 is a good place to level up until you get to the quite late 50's in level, then it is best to finish reaching Level 60 by facing the Greater Abyssal Demon in that one place of Koloth's areas called The Pit. ;)

An error has occurred, the following message has been left below:

You have been banned from RPG Inferno.

Reason: You were caught robbing the bank.
Unban Time: September 28, 2010 3:46 AM

Kinda harsh since no one can really rob the bank with that kinda stats and the option is there. I clicked on it by mistake.

An error has occurred, the following message has been left below:

You have been banned from RPG Inferno.

Reason: You were caught robbing the bank.
Unban Time: September 28, 2010 3:46 AM

Kinda harsh since no one can really rob the bank with that kinda stats and the option is there. I clicked on it by mistake.

There is nothing that can be done about that but wait untill the time limit is up. I did that once before and the RPG Moderator told me there was nothing that could be done about it. Never press that button again if you don't want that ti happen again.

Ok, people are actually playing. Hmm well sorry about that happening. We had to make the bank guard even tougher because somebody actually successfully robbed the the bank. After all, robbing banks is a crime.

Hope you come back to play after your ban is lifted. :neomon:

Ya Im gonna keep playing. Granted its been 3 years since I've last ben on lol (had a kid) Would be nice to see some changes in the game to make things smoother. I'll post my thoughts in the other thread for you.

Nah, your usergroup just hasn't changed yet. Give it some time. =)

Rather late, granted. Although I would like to take this opportunity to direct any newcomers to the RPG Guidelines, which have recently been updated.

Just take a bit of time to read it to make sure you have a general idea of what to do before you ask anything again. ;)
Very important note:
We get a lot of questions about this, the post requirement to play the RPG is 25 posts, this means that you need 25 non-spam posts to access the RPG. Also, don't expect it to update right away, the system may take time to adjust so please be patient.
As you can see, you would have know this if you read it beforehand, so it contains useful information to get you on your feet. :)

Am having a bit of a problem with Jecht in Dipan Tavern when I first talked to him he told me to go to the Fire Cavern and beat Ifrit then he would talk about a fight. I went and beat Ifrit but every time I go back to him he tell's me to go to the Fire Cavern and beat Ifrit there's no extra dialog for me to choose did I miss something in the Fire Cavern or is my level to low cause there was no mention that I had to be passed certain level to fight him.

Not too sure what's going on, I don't see an actual trigger to activate the fight itself, unless I missed it.
I'll discuss it with the other Directors to see what the problem is.

I don't recall ever fighting Jecht, actually... I think it just moved on and we didn't get to, though I'm not sure about that. Someone else who's done that part more recently may be able to correct me there.

Back