RPG Christmas Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMixedHerb

Paladin
Veteran
Gil
With the holidays fast approaching, we'd like to announce a little suprise we've got in store for any RPG players out there.

The RPG Christmas Tournament!

This is a new idea brought forward to add a little festivity to the RPG for any and all players to get involved with, and also to finish the RPG off on a festive note.

The RPG will be reset after the tournament is over, and it will be started anew and re-opened in 2011, we can't say specifics, given current circumstances, but it is definitely a change for the better.

Back to the idea, the idea is basically a PvP battle royale, last man standing wins a little reward to help start off the new RPG. The reward is 25,000 Gil and +Rep, doesn't sound like a lot right now? Well, think that the RPG prices won't be as high as they are now when it's restarted. If anyone is interested, just take a look at the information below.

If you are interested, please state that you wish to sign up in this thread right here, and state which class you want to be. The classes available are: Warrior, Wizard, Rogue.

The classes are all balanced and your character will be reset and given specific stats/equipment for this. You will not be able to return to the current RPG stats you have as it will be reset afterwards. You won't be able to see any of the areas apart from the battle area if you are a participant as your character will be reset for this.

The reason for this is that we are allowing other players to spectate battles, however when you put your name down for this you agree to the following rules:
  • Use the equipment given only
  • No levelling
  • No fixing of matches (This speaks for itself)
  • Post the battle log in the thread which will be created on the start day as proof and a screenshot if you so wish (One is required at minimum, otherwise the battle will be re-taken)
  • Participants can get spectators to post the battle log
  • Take part in the tournament until the end, no backing out whatsoever
Not adhering to any of these will most likely lead to your RPG privileges being revoked until the reset.

Anyone can take part in this, as all RPG accounts of those who participate will be reset and altered accordingly, just as long as you actually have RPG access. (For those who don't see here: http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/rpg-news-and-updates/announcement/rpg-faq.html)

When all participants have been entered they will be randomly chosen (depending on the outcome) and sorted into brackets, I don't think this needs explaining right now as it'll be elaborated upon on the actual opening. The brackets will be totally random, no one will know who's against who until we say so.

The Tournament will start on the 24th and will finish on the 31st, be aware that these dates will be subject to circumstance, and therefore may be altered.

With that said, any sign ups or questions, feel free to post here.

I'll enter. and i'll go Mage aswell.

Also, what timezone is the tourney set from?

None, really, I'm not trying to set any specific x time scenarios as people are all on at different periods, and I want people to go at their own pace. So it'll be on that day, just keep a look out.

On another note, the participants list so far:

1) Cardiac Kid (Warrior)
2) Katherine Pierce (Warrior)
3) MagicMasher (Mage)
4) Silver Shadow (Rogue)
5) Nexas (Warrior)
6) -Heartsmash- (Mage)
7) Onion Knight (Mage)
8) Masamune II (Mage)

Pretty short and sweet so far, and even. It's still open until it actually starts, so if anyone wants to join then feel free.

Why am I the only rogue? well, aside from kratos, but god damn. Are rogues that bad?

Then again, a lot my characters do use stealth in open combat :hmmm:

(I'll take that as Rogue)

With that, I do believe we have 10 participants, and it's technically the 24th now so things should get started within the day. A thread will be up when things are ready.

[Thread Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back