Remake or the original?

Chain

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
I never got to play the roiginal FF III bu i have the remake for the nintendo ds. Which do you perfer original or remake?

I never got to play the original since it never made it to the nes a long time ago. >_<

The original was one of the BEST 8-Bit RPGs, w/o a doubt. Right up there w/Dragon Quest IV & Mother. BUT...the remake just basically took it and added SOOOOOO much, because, well, the original was 8-Bit...they just couldn't do much w/a quality RPG back then. With FFIII they basically went back to the non-speaking characters of FFI who had the ability to have unique classes & stats but didn't really add much to the story...heck, even the lamest of the NPCs had more character development & lines than the original cast of FFIII...

Well, anyways...the DS remake is NOTHING but bonus material. You can go back & emulate the original FFIII to see what it was like, but it's really not going to be a different experience...it's actually just going to be a lessening experience...

FFIII<FFIII DS

much like

FFAdventure/Seiken Densetsu<Sword of Mana

or...?

Metroid<Metroid: Zero Mission

That one you might get more people arguing over...idk...*shrugs*

The games are essentially the same, but with a few extras being inserted with the DS remake. The DS game has Wifi capabilities...which the older version obviously lacks.

V_Translanka covered it pretty well.

What I like in a game (especially RPGs) is when characters have personality. I don't think the original even gave them personality, idk I never played it, but they all had great personalities in the remake. Also, I loved how each character had their own look with each job, and not just a color change. And the graphics were pure win imo :neomon: so the remake wins.

And yes, Metroid < Metroid: Zero Mission. It's common sense :neomon:

I prefer the original since I played it before the remake on DS which I just beat the other day. I think the original FF3 was a breakthrough in games for it's time even though it was disregarded as a FF sequel when it was released.

The original one is somehow more intresting for me.I dont know why,meaby i just like 8-bit final fantasys :)
Still the Ds version should be better,because it adds your party member personalityes and tries to fix orginial game flaws.

Correct me if I am wrong, but was the original FF III released in Japan only for the Famicom?

And since FF II was actually IV and FF III was actually VI in North America, because the real II and III were never released untill much later, then the 'original' FF III is actually VI.

I have heard that the original was fan translated but I don't know how to get it, maybe you can download it somewhere... * shrugs *

Remake ftw. I played the original on emulator and it was just terrible. It was harder than the remake too. I trained to level 10 outside the sealed cave in both and in the original I got my ass handed to me in the first battle, whereas in the remake I breezed through it, and with no jobs to boot.

Remake>original

Correct me if I am wrong, but was the original FF III released in Japan only for the Famicom?

And since FF II was actually IV and FF III was actually VI in North America, because the real II and III were never released untill much later, then the 'original' FF III is actually VI.

I have heard that the original was fan translated but I don't know how to get it, maybe you can download it somewhere... * shrugs *
It was only released in Japan, and is the only FF to not be officaly released in the west until its DS remake unlike the others which were released on the PS and GBA.

You can get a fan translated rom of FFIII (and of II and V) on the internet quite easily. Just type in 'FFIII', 'NES', and 'English translation' into Google and it should be too difficult. Just make sure it is a rom for III and not the US version of VI.

I like the original but have never completed it. Only got as far as the Golden Mansion before my file was wiped by accident. I've started on the DS version now and im upto the Midget's Village. So far I think they are both fairly hard for early parts of a game but the DS seems alittle easier at the point I am right now.

I just prefer using the stylus!!! :D

I know most people dont like it. But for me, it's relaxing to play the game like you would if it was a PC game with a mouse.

I also thought it was pretty cool that they introduced the characters one by one, instead of all at once.

I've only played up to the part where you get the first useless airship on the DS remake, because it didn't belong to me :X I'll definitely be buying it on my next payday with FFIV (If its out in England, haven't checked!)

I enjoy this one to the original. I like the voice acting and the cut scenes were lush. I liked the maps used with the lower screen aswell.

With the original, I feel like I'm playing a piece of history, and it seems a lot more true to what the designers intended back in the day. That said, it is very difficult, and as already stated, the lack of any personality in the characters makes the game hard work to play through.

The remake is really nice to play, so this is my choice. I think if the was a version somewhere in between the DS remake and the original, I'd like that more, I'm not big on the presentation of the remake.

I enjoy this one to the original. I like the voice acting and the cut scenes were lush.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't remember any voice acting in FFIII DS :-/
I absolutely love the DS version but if I want a challenge or feel nostalgic I play the original. The remake obviously trumps the original in many ways but it was a great game for 1990.

Back