Fusionist

Obnoxious Romantic
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Eldeen Modestine
FFXIV Server
Shiva
With absolutely no game description, no release date, no game rating and no game title, Square Enix has confirmed that it plans to release a 3D chapter in the Kingdom Hearts series for the Nintendo 3DS, the new portable gaming device that introduces 3D gameplay without the need for glasses.

During a presentation for the new game platform, Nintendo of America also announced that it has reached agreements with multiple studios to release 3D films for playback on the platform, including Walt Disney Studios. Disney’s Tangled was used, in part, to help demonstrate the new product.
Taken from Stitch Kingdom

EDIT: the Nintendo E3 site actually has screenshots of the game up:

0.png

1.png

2.png

Last edited:
If you don't need the glasses, I'm presuming it's not actually going to be 3D...so why the need to class it as a "3D" title? :wacky: I'm hoping it adds something significant to the plot but I don't think it will, especially since it looks like it takes place around the Kingdom Hearts I period. But the last screen makes it look like you might be able to play as Riku which would be pretty awesome.

If you don't need the glasses, I'm presuming it's not actually going to be 3D...so why the need to class it as a "3D" title? :wacky:
That's because Nintendo claims that you don't need 3D glasses to get a 3D experience with the Nintendo 3DS. You just can't see it in the pictures, apparently. :awesome:

When is this game supposed to take place? Looking at Riku and Sora, the clothes say that it's at least before KH 2, but seeing as there's a big Nobody in one of the pics, it may suggest something different.

This is ReCoded, the remake of Coded. It was a japanese only cell phone game released in episodes that detail a data version of Sora as he tries to save the contents of Jiminy's journal after it was converted into data, leading up to when Mickey sends Sora, Riku, and Kairi the letter in the bottle.

This is ReCoded, the remake of Coded.

Actually, Re:Coded was announced before KH 3D was revealed today, so this is a completely different game from Re:Coded. Not to mention that's coming out on the regular ol' DS, and this is for the 3DS :hmmm:

The slogan at E3 does say Kingdom Hearts 3D Demo, so what we see is likely far from what the final product what be.

But yeah, I really can't fathom where this is suppose to fit into the timeline. KH1/CoM character design with KH2/Days enemies? D=

Coded was a digital retelling of KH1 to understand new info revealed post-KH2, so maybe KH3D will be similar. Heck, if you can control Riku, maybe it can be a game about his POV of KH1.

Final Mix+ KH1 had a few scenes about him, but nothing concrete - and anyways, that was a Japan exclusive.

But yeah, I'm stumped >_>

Heck, if you can control Riku, maybe it can be a game about his POV of KH1.

Yeah, maybe this is the game that is supposed to explain his story! I read that he is supposed to get his own game detailing what happened with him during Sora's memory recovery. Maybe this is that game! :yay:

I really want that game to come out. It's about time Riku got some spotlight :mokken:

Minor Update

A little more info revealed, so here it is, courtesy of andriasang.com

Square Enix producer Shinji Hashimoto has offered up some clarification on the Kingdom Hearts game that was announced today at Nintendo's E3 press conference as part of a rush of 3DS third party announcements.

Slides at the press conference listed the game as "Kingdom Hearts 3D Demo." However, Nintendo's press materials listed "Kingdom Hearts Franchise." So is 3DS going to get an actual Kingdom Hearts game?

The answer is yes. In a set of posts at the Square Enix Members Twitter, Hashimoto provided clarification on the matter. "KH3D is a completely original title," he Tweeted.
"With this and KHRc, two KH games will appear on portable game machines," he added in reference to the recently announced DS title, Kingdom Hearts Re-Coded.

KH3D is not playable on the E3 show floor. However, Square Enix did prepare a 3D movie to show off the product. "Everything begins from this video," Tweeted Hashimoto.

Tetsuya Nomura seems to be intimately involved in the product. Hashimoto noted that after the Nintendo conference, Nomura was surrounded by press for interviews.

One more point of note for those who've been trying to follow all these Twitter teases.

Hashimoto also revealed today that KH3D was the "information with impact" he had promised in the weeks prior to E3.
Hopefully the trailer will be available for the public soon :hmmm:

that's great and all, but between birth by sleep and a 3DS, i'll be taking BBS. please don't force me to buy systems I don't really want. ;_;

^ That's kind of my feelings too. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to buy any new systems until after KH3 at least, so this makes me disgruntled.

I'm trying to rationalize with all of Nintendo's promised games to come, I can pick up enough games to warrant a purchase of the 3DS, but it's hard trying to fool myself >_>

If nothing else, I can just wait to play this a few years later, even if it's not in order :monster:

Oh jeez, I hope there's never a KH game on Wii. That would be pretty damn tiring to play Dx

(Although I think it was said officially there'd never be one anyways :hmmm: )

As for being "fail", I'll give it the benefit of the doubt for now. Being for 3DS already doesn't make me happy, but I rather not shoot down a game we know nothing about, especially since I've been happy with every other KH game I've played.

Anyone else notice Sora is holding the Kingdom Key the opposite way around? :andry:

Also I agree it's probably a Riku PoV game of KH1 or perhaps a data Sora gathering the lost pieces of Jiminy's journal or perhaps this is a more practical showing of Sora gathering his memories during the one year sleep? :hmmm: It would explain the nobodies at least. The big one seems a bit on the small side though, maybe this is before they really get strong, so it seems likely to be around the one year sleep period alongside Roxas gathering the hearts for the Organization in 358/2 days :hmmm:

/speculation :mokken:

Eh? He is? :huh:

Oooh, that would be kind of kewl - It seems kind of lazy for Sora to be doing nothing but sleep for a year but for him to be dreaming an adventure that helps him gain memories back...But is he aware of Nobodies to be able to dream them up?

Well, Riku makes me excited, teehee :3

I feel bad for Re:Coded - it's gonna get over shadowed by all this KH 3D speculation now :wacky:

I haven't played CoM, I assumed he learned of nobodies in Castle Oblivion? He seemed to recognise the emblem somewhat when he first encounters them in KH2

And I think so, i'm sure in KH1 the keyblade 'head' is held upwards, yet in the pic it's held downwards.

I was watching the live Nintendo conference in E3 and there was Satoru Iwada announcing all these 3rd party developers and IPs pledging support for the 3DS. When the name "Kingdom Hearts" came up, I was naturally excited. Not that it was unexpected anyway, but it was nice to see it show up.

For the 3DS, I hope it will be good. I'm already loving the analogue pad on it. However, I want to know the price first before considering if it's worth getting it when my old DS is working perfectly. Also, I bet this isn't going to be real 3D at all, and just some form of visual trickery. It's not like Nintendo to be using cutting-edge technology anyway. :wacky:

For the 3DS, I hope it will be good. I'm already loving the analogue pad on it. However, I want to know the price first before considering if it's worth getting it when my old DS is working perfectly. Also, I bet this isn't going to be real 3D at all, and just some form of visual trickery. It's not like Nintendo to be using cutting-edge technology anyway. :wacky:

Well visual trickery is what a normal 3D with the glasses and whatnot is anyway, it's not like it's an actual 3 dimensional picture. I'm not too sure about the technical details, but apparently autostereoscopic displays like the one in the 3DS work without glasses because you do not have to take the position of the viewer into account the same way you do in the cinema or in people's living room.

My guess would be that as long as you don't view your 3DS screen from an odd angle, the illusion of 3D won't be any different from the illusion of 3D you get in the cinema.

@Klonoa: A lot of people like to dismiss CoM story's because Sora, Donald, Goofy and Jimminy forget everything that happens during Castle Oblivion (but people forget everybody else alive after the game remembers everything, see haha at judgmental gamers ;D). So while "Nobodies" were mentioned, Sora would've forgotten about them anyways :hmmm:

As for keyblade teeth pointing up or down...I'm not sure, but seeing Sora hold his weapon, it doesn't seem odd *shrugs*

I think the 3DS works much like the new 3D TV Sony came out with - except no glasses required. It's gunna look like a game with 3D glasses, just you don't need them. Thats all thats really new about it other than the new analog pad.

The 3DS might be a good buy but I'm not sure yet, depending on price, but it will probably be a buy for me since I don't have any form of DS yet. And since it's backwards compatible, I'll be able to play KH 358/2 Days and Coded! yay! more crappy sidestories i have to know about!
-Bretboy129 ~ Bret Hudson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back