Mom injects 8 year old daughter with botox

Rapture

Paladin
Veteran
Gil
"The California mom who admitted to injecting her 8 year old daughter with botox for a kiddie beauty pageant is now being investigated by the San Francisco Human Services Agency.

"It's pretty unusual for a mom to be injecting an 8-year-old with botox and certainly is grounds for an investigation," said Trent Rohrer of the San Francisco Human Services Agency.

Mom Kerry and daughter Britney, appeared on "Good Morning America" Thursday defending the 8-year-old pageant contestant's use of botox.

"I just, like, don't, like, think wrinkles are nice on little girls," Britney said.
Britney admitted it hurt to get the injections on her face, but said she was used to the pain.

The admission sparked an uproar online, in the medical community and by child advocates."

Source: http://abcnews.go.com/Health/mom-gave-daughter-botox-investigated/story?id=13595955

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!??? :rage: What is this woman thinking? Not only are we not entirely sure how this would affect children...but what about the psychological ramifications of this for her daughter? She's going to grow up having this horrible idea that she must be perfect, ageless, and etc...

I really think the daughter needs to be placed in the hands of a competent caregiver while the mom is investigated for child abuse...

I've always thought beauty pageants for anyone under 16 was pretty whack in the first place. I won't try to shoot down the entire concept of a beauty pageant, but it's no place for kids.

Case in point: this very topic. Competition is high, so you shoot up your kid with toxic chemicals? Really?

I'm almost certain the mother didn't mean intentional harm, but it's still messed up to go that far, IMO.

This is where I have to say WTF was the mom thinking. Seriously I know competition can be brutal in these things, but to go that far. I watched the video on the news cast and it already seems the little girl has a hard time talking correctly now. Also the I don't like wrinkles her mom is forcing a image of needing to be perfect or she won't be accepted in life now. Then administering it herself when she has no medical license is more dangerous in itself. Lastly what kind of 8 year old kid walks up to their parents and says "I want a botox injection" I bet this mom forced it on her kid for so long.

i dunno why its so shocking - not that i agree with it or anything, but some of these folk (especially the american parents) just seem to be batshit insane about it. i wouldnt be surprised if its "the norm" for these types. we just never hear about it because they never get caught...until now that is.

I'm sure this does happen more often than we hear about. However, I'm glad that this news story has come out to create more awareness. And if this is considered newsworthy, then at least that means it's probably not grossly widespread as of yet; otherwise no one would care about the story. In other words, I'm glad that this sort of thing hasn't yet become ingrained in our culture to the point where we don't lift an eyebrow at it anymore.

Since when do kids even get wrinkles anyway?

Never did like those paegent things. Children all made up look disgusting, not cute

I'm horrified every time I see mothers do something like this to their children. I've seen other stuff that scares the shit outta me concerning mothers and their insane expectations and wish-fulfillment involving their kids. It's making me not want to be a mother even more .__. I mean--this isn't simple, that's freakin' botulism you're injecting into your child's face! This kid will now have a ruined face for the rest of her life.

beautypageeee.jpg

what I don't get, is how people find this, cute, beauftiful or whatever, just looking at it gives me the heebie jeebies

why would anyone want to do this, cute is missing a couple of teeth with hair in pigtails, not done up to look like a middle aged housewife. Eughhhhh

My kid is 1000 times cuter than that without any of the effort. Im amazed there's not laws about this, its minginnnnnnn

isnt that just giving paedos an excuse?

i dont get it either tbh, that literally looks like a midget thats had plastic surgery. its disturbing that anyone would do that to their kid. just imagine how a kid like that would grow up...materialistic and thinking its alright to be fake.

I think part of the problem is as a society we are forcing our kids to grow up too fast nowadays...with many things. We place a high significance on beauty...so much so that people can't even run a kiddie pagent now without their young children appearing as adults...so the things we value and find beautiful can only be seen on them with a boatload of makeup, botox, and perfect veneer smiles.

So much gone are the days of kids being able to enjoy just being kids. Its a far-cry from a kiddie pagent when the kids can't even appear as kids...but sleezy adults.

Not thet I doubt its been done befor but the mom is now saying she was paid to say she let her daughter get botox......So its probably one grand of a lie paid for by a tabloid.
Both cases I find equally disturbing.

isnt that just giving paedos an excuse?
I was thinking something similar. It's odd that society is so ready to chastise kiddies and teenagers for dressing and behaving like adults eg poor wee Miley Cyrus and her lap dancing or whatever it was. But at the same time there's these wierdo contests where people judge girls on how beautiful they are.
At least she didn't inject her daughter with heroin.

Back