Anime Last Anime You Watched

Status
Not open for further replies.
i watched a few episodes of neoin, but it bored me, so i started watching the episodes i missed of the first season of full metal alchemist.

I was browsing around on Netflix and came across a anime called "Blood+". It's a bit on the feminine side, but overall I think it's a badass anime.

Find myself rewatching YYH again. Who doesn't enjoy a good action anime once in a while, sides just getting to watch how badass Hiei and Yuske can be is also fun. But before that I bought another one that seemed interesting called Maburaho. It's a typical harem comedy anime. Guy get's lucky for some reason and has a bunch of girls after him. They want him because of his genes because he will give birth to the most powerful magician in the world, in a world where everyone can use magic.

I finished Elfen Lied. But now I'm trying to go back and watch Witch Hunter Robin. I was never able to finish it so I'm going to try and force myself into finishing it this time. I'm on episode 3

Mawaru Penguindrum

This has been on my to-do list for a while now, and since I just finished HeartCatch Precure, I decided to bump it up. Three words summarize my thoughts on it rather nicely:

What. The. FUCK.

This is the strangest anime I've seen to date, I think...and it's extremely creepy because of it. Not only is there something like three-way incest going on between Himari and her brothers - as hinted by the dialogue, and the fact that one of them gives her a non-casual kiss when she's sleeping at the end of the first episode - but the random giant mecha, stripping "survival strategy" stuff is weird. I feel like I'm playing Drakengard; I don't have the slightest bloody clue what is going on, all I know is that it's not going to end well if it keeps up this way. I think Ringo is probably the most terrifying character I've ever seen, as well. A stalker with a prophetic diary? I wish I could think of things like that :gasp:

...this was recommended to me by multiple people, as well. What does this say about how people perceive me? :sad2:

Im hoping alot of people are starting to watch anime through legal sources. The anime industry is not doing all that great, partially due to fansubbers etc. With so many options like Netflix, Hulu, amazon video service, crunchyroll, funimations elite, viz, and so on, fansubs are essentially pointless. For the shows that dont get brought over, thats understandable, but Crunchyroll essentially has been licensing almost everything each season and its only $8 a month.

But at the moment what Im watching is Sket Dance - which is ongoing so it's just continuing it and Monster, which is absolutely fantastic and engaging. Only way to really watch all of it though is to buy it on amazon instant or itunes store.

Because CR is a shit alternative and most fansubbers do a much better job. The anime industry is just like every other industry. Why do you think the Fate/Zero season 1 boxset (13 episodes and very few extras) was 500 dollars? They're not making any money because no one in their right mind wants to spend 80 bucks for a 2 episode volume or 500 for the full thing. It isn't till they're released over here that they come at a reasonable price, but even then we get a half assed dub (for the most part) and shit subs. I'll stick to my fansubs, thanks much.

Because CR is a shit alternative and most fansubbers do a much better job. The anime industry is just like every other industry. Why do you think the Fate/Zero season 1 boxset (13 episodes and very few extras) was 500 dollars? They're not making any money because no one in their right mind wants to spend 80 bucks for a 2 episode volume or 500 for the full thing. It isn't till they're released over here that they come at a reasonable price, but even then we get a half assed dub (for the most part) and shit subs. I'll stick to my fansubs, thanks much.

That's ridiculous logic. Especially on dubbing. Maybe ten years ago that holds true, but most dubs done nowadays are perfectly fine. Funimation has a ton of actors they use now and have gotten many new ones. Sentai is hit or miss, and Aniplex, when they do dub something tends to be pretty decent. And the subs are fine. That's the excuse people use that just dont want to buy a release.

And that also isnt the reason why the Fate/Zero set was so much. It's due to fear of reverse importation due to blu ray being the same region as Japan. We got the SAME exact set that Japan got for pretty much the same price, if not slightly cheaper. People bitch and moan about anime prices in the US (Fate/Zero excluded since it's one company) but you pretty much get entire or half seasons for 30-40 dollars. Entire seasons. You pay half of that or more for one movie released in the US. If people dont want the ridiculous priced items then support the industry. Some of the Japanese companies that release the high priced series is due to them not feeling they will make their money back if they dub and release a cheaper set here because guess what, the same problem is happening in Japan. They download instead of buy. All it does is hurt the industry in general.

On topic. Im on episode 21 of Monster. Still has me hooked. Im surprised there are over 70 episodes, but if they keep it as interesting as it is now all the way up to then, Ill definitely be a happy camper.

The last anime I -tried- to watch was Soul Eater. Couldn't get past the first episode...I'm tired of mediums talking down to me...literally. Fanservice needs to stop.

The last anime I -tried- to watch was Soul Eater. Couldn't get past the first episode...I'm tired of mediums talking down to me...literally. Fanservice needs to stop.

Soul Eater does get better, but I definitely understand how you feel. Try the series Monster or Ergo Proxy. Two pretty smart shows. Monster is a little harder to get ahold of (itunes store and amazon instant) but Ergo Proxy has a pretty cheap set as a re-release coming out at the end of the month. Or the first season of Darker than Black. It's a well thought out show also

Deadman Wonderland

Just got finished watching the first season of this and fell in love with the series immediately. The anime rushes the story a bit more than I'd like but the characters and the setting really give it potential. I love the dark theme, I love the use of cliche anime characters(It's actually handled pretty well here) and I like the powers the characters have. I think the concept of this anime is pretty unique in some ways. I really wish they had taken the time to expand the season into 24 episodes instead of squeezing so many things into just 12 episodes. It gives the anime a really rushed feeling and you don't really have time to connect and care for the many characters that come and go. I cant wait for season 2. Apparently the series is on hiatus because the author had a baby or something. I say that bish needs to begin writing season 2! D=<

Well got done watching like three different ones now. First is Dream Eater Merry, a nice one in it's own right. Kind of interesting with the whole mind scape being involved with their dreams. Next one is Demon King Daimao which involves the main character finding out he is supposed to be the demon king. Wacky hijinks ensure with him saying it's supposed to be a misunderstanding. Especially since what he wants to be in life is a Grand Priest. Lot's of comedy with all the girls that end up following him around. The last one which is my favorite is Infinite Stratos. Short and to the point the main character gets thrown into a all girls academy and he is a guy. This academy is for learning how to pilot the IS(Infinite Stratos). Only females are supposed to be able to pilot this and for some reason he is the only male that can pilot one of these IS.

I'm currently watching series 1 of Clannad again! ^_^ This time I'm watching the English dub, which is reasonably good, but I'm not quite as fond of Nagisa's Engilsh voice; her Japanese voice was fragile, but her English voice is babyish. :lew: Tomoya's voice actor is absolutely incredible! :yay: Kyou and Kotomi's characters are stronger in the English dub, I feel. Kotomi's meant to be an incredibly intelligent girl, but her Japanese voice is just a fraction too distant and space out. :lew:

The animation is more impressive - more colourful, crisp and bright - on DVD. I first watched it online with fan subs. :hmmm:

I've just started rewatching Sailor Moon S in Japanese.
I don't recall ever finishing this season, actually. But it's been a marathon going on since last night after work. :)

I tried watching in the English dub when my sister was in the room, but oh gosh, it was awful.

I just finished Dusk Maiden of Amnesia. I have mixed feelings on it. On one hand, I like love stories of all kind so I cant help but like it on that level and I also liked the main heroine Yuuko. Other than that though I really dont know. I have mixed views on it. I tend to not like alot of the leads in series such as this. The male lead always tends to be someone who kind of sits back and doesnt really stand out all that much so it makes me wonder WHY do these woman end up liking him so much. Sure, you dont have to be Mr. Charisma to be a nice person and most of them are, but then some of them make stupid choices. I guess since Im not a teenager anymore and I know better Im always kinda like "Why did you say that or act like that". Some of the plot that happens is ridiculous as well to the point where no human being would get away scott free if they pulled what they did. The character designs are nice. They arent ridiculous or anything amazing but they are fine. Though some of the characters/fill in crowd people are very lazily done.

Overall Im going to give it a 2 1/2 out of 5. I want to give it a 3 but I realistically cant just over a basic theme and one character. Not terrible, but not anything great either. It actually took me quite a while to get through it considering its only 12 eps, which hardly ever happens to me.

I am presently watching Mobile Suit Gundam 00. It's...alright. It reminds me a lot of Code Geass, only it has a proper storyline and proper cast, and it's not complete and utter shit. It's probably the animation and the setting that make me think of CG. It's nowhere near as good as the Universal Century works - it lacks Char, or any kind of good villain, for that matter - but it's still not bad. I'm only watching it casually; I've just about hit my limits with fighting robots and Brad Swaile's voice.

I'm re-watching Sengoku Basara as well. I need something that doesn't require me to think, and Sengoku Basara is exactly what it looks like: epic battles between wonderfully colourful characters who spout off ridiculous phrases.

I have a good one to write up but its late and Im tired and I want to give it credit where it is due on good terms.

One I tried watching but was terrible is Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere. I cant even begin to explain that mess of a show. I rarely stop watching something but I just couldnt go on with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back