Kitase “Interested” In Stereoscopic 3D Final Fantasy XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogling

yaoi master ari
Veteran
Gil
Someday the PlayStation 3 is going to support 3D TVs through a firmware update. A handful of games are being updated too like Super Stardust and Wipeout HD. What about Final Fantasy XIII?

“We don’t know how possible it is to build the game in 3D but we are interested in it,” Yoshinori Kitase, Producer, responded to a forum poster.

“In fact, we have already created a 3D Final Fantasy XIII trailer, which is currently showing in Japanese cinemas alongside the film Avatar. Currently, that’s only available in Japan, but there might be an opportunity for a wider release in the future.”

Capcom converted Resident Evil 5 and Dark Void into 3D games for PCs. Stereoscopic-izing Final Fantasy XIII must be possible, but if, and this is a fat chocobo sized if, Square Enix does it they’ll probably have to re-release the game as Final Fantasy XIII 3D.

Source: Siliconera

I'm drooling just thinking about it, lightning in 3D with all the guns and explosions *drool*

If it came out in 3D i'd HAVE to buy surround sound.

Oh whoa, I didn't expect to see 3D so soon to be honest O.O

I'm really interested in it, but I doubt my current t.v. would do the 3D action any justice xD

Also, you're gonna need those goggles, right? I dunno about you guys, but I don't know where you buy those from. I rather just snatch one from those amusement 3D ride places or something <_< >_>

Too bad that we're color blind and 3-D doesn't work for us at all. :mokken: Still wouldn't save the game for us. However, it seems that everyone is wanting to make things in 3-D now. Remember a few years ago when people were laughing at 3-D movies? We do. :mokken:

3D sounds interesting though i'm surprised to be hearing about this now. I wouldn't mind 3D though, don't you have to wear those stupid glasses thing? Always hated those -__-. It would be cool to see what it would be like in 3D ^^

I'm not entirely sure, if it were made into an "option" on the game then I'd be fine by it but if Square Enix start release purely 3D games I won't be happy. Certainly in terms of Final Fantasy XIII I don't see the need for it, there's nothing I've really seen that sticks out to be "3D material" and I'm not totally convinced it'll work great for games :hmmm:

I'm not entirely sure, if it were made into an "option" on the game then I'd be fine by it but if Square Enix start release purely 3D games I won't be happy.

This I have to agree with. 3D-only games from SE would be a rather stupid move that may not translate into a lot of sales. Firstly 3D TVs will be needed. Depending on how fast the price of 3D TVs will fall in the future, it could be costly for ordinary people especially if your current TV works absolutely fine.

I wouldn't mind watching the occasional movie in 3D, but I'm not sure about regularly playing a game in 3D with those goggles on all the time. Glasses and goggles are things I never tend to enjoy wearing anyway. >_>

This is the whole interview, apparently. Courtesy of finalfantasy-xiii.net.

What would you say to someone that has never played a Final Fantasy game before?
Yoshinori Kitase: Those that haven't tried RPGs might fear that the game is too complex, but if you take an interest in the story rather than feel apprehensive about the depth, then you will discover how to play the game gradually and naturally. Just take an interest in the story and let that guide you.
Motomu Toriyama:
The overall theme of the story is determination to fight against one's own fate. fal'Cie is a deity that uses Lightning and the other members of the party like slaves; in a way, they are bound to an unreasonable destiny. So really the story is about these characters fighting off the unfairness of their own fate.

Why the more action-based approach to combat?

MT: It's partly true that Final Fantasy XIII takes a more action-based approach to combat. The main concept behind the battle system is combining action with the traditional turn-based strategy to create something new. In view of making an RPG for a High Definition console like PS3, we realise that this approach might be better received by the wider gaming audience, and perhaps easier for them to warm to.

Will the PAL version feature a Japanese language option, with English subtitles?
YK: No, it will not. I had heard at other media presentations that this was a popular request, and I have to say it came to me as a surprise.

Are you considering releasing the game in 3D? (Ruy-o, Germany)

YK: We don't know how possible it is to build the game in 3D but we are interested in it. In fact, we have already created a 3D Final Fantasy XIII trailer, which is currently showing in Japanese cinemas alongside the film Avatar. Currently, that's only available in Japan, but there might be an opportunity for a wider release in the future.

Will Ultima Weapons return in Final Fantasy XIII?

MT: We're not quite sure exactly what you mean as we don't know the translations, but if you mean Ultimate Weapon in that you can upgrade each weapon until it is at its most powerful, then yes you can.

Does the game require a data install before playing?

MT: For the comfort of the players, no, this is not necessary.

Which are your favourite, Chocobos or Moggles?

YK: [Laughs] I prefer Chocobos, definitely. In Final Fantasy XIII you will be encountering baby Chocobos, Cocoon Chocobos and grandpa Chocobos. As for Moggles, they will just be making a cameo appearance in this particular title.

Will the PAL version feature a Japanese language option, with English subtitles?

YK: No, it will not. I had heard at other media presentations that this was a popular request, and I have to say it came to me as a surprise.

That's a shame. I sort of knew that already, but I still wanted there to be a Japanese voiceover choice. I'd have liked to be able to play FFXIII with the more emotive voice-acting and having Kimi Ga Iru Kara rather than My Hands as the theme song.

Will Ultima Weapons return in Final Fantasy XIII?

MT: We're not quite sure exactly what you mean as we don't know the translations, but if you mean Ultimate Weapon in that you can upgrade each weapon until it is at its most powerful, then yes you can.
:lew: Not quite, Toriyama!

Which are your favourite, Chocobos or Moggles?

YK: [Laughs] I prefer Chocobos, definitely. In Final Fantasy XIII you will be encountering baby Chocobos, Cocoon Chocobos and grandpa Chocobos. As for Moggles, they will just be making a cameo appearance in this particular title.
But Moogles are cuter! :ness:

And what do you mean only a CAMEO?! Bastards! :mokken:

But Moogles are cuter! :ness:

And what do you mean only a CAMEO?! Bastards! :mokken:
Indeed, Chocobos' got nothing on Moogles :mokken:
I suppose I'd just be happy mind, I've heard nothing about Moogles in Final Fantasy XIII so I presume they'd done away with them :wacky:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back