Crisis Core Is Crisis Core worth getting?

Pretty good game. The Story-Line was very intresting, as the Battle-System was great as well. As far as graphics go it's quite reasonable for the PsP, and the Cutscence's were fantastic. Probably the biggest downside was the leveling system, but aside from that...Yeah worth getting.

I loved this game. It cleared up any confusions or questions I had prior to this game. I loved the story in this game, one of the VERY FEW times I actually cry to a game.

I'd say No. poor Dialog. and the way you fight is grotesquely or absurdly. It was the last FF game fans needed, so Yeah I agree with X-Play....Sorry to offend but its just how it is to me....

I'd say No. poor Dialog. and the way you fight is grotesquely or absurdly. It was the last FF game fans needed, so Yeah I agree with X-Play....Sorry to offend but its just how it is to me....

Poor dialouge? Any examples please?

I really don't expect many since CC is in fact one of the best written games to come along EVER. The dialogue follows each moment and captures the characters perfectly. And yes even the cheesy Loveless quotes from Genesis are great because, guess what, real people continually quote their favourite songs/poems/books/lines here in the real world (don't know how many times I get to hear frikkin Godfather and Star Wars quotes every day).

Ye, we need some examples seriously. I can't see much about the dialogue though, I didn't listen to it, honestly, just read the subtitles. Lol...

Why is the way you fight grotesque? It really sounds like a super negative word to use though.

I think I'll recommend this to gamers. FFVII probably need no recommendation. Non-FFVII players may want to get this game to know more of the earlier parts of FFVII. Even if the gameplay sucked, at least the scenes' animations were great.

In particular the dramatic fight between Sephiroth and Genesis!!

Well i think the game was worth playing but the lvl up system was bad, you would lvl up at random moments but if you want to understand the original ff7 then you should totally get it.

I would recommend the game. I enjoyed it quite a lot, but I still wouldn't highly recommend it if you haven't played Final Fantasy VII (or at least got the gist of the story).

Then again I wouldn't recommend buying it for full price. The game is fun, but it is too short, the levelling system frustrating, enemies too easy to kill (apart from Minerva) and missions are repetitive (x about 300).

If you just want to see the story and cutscenes, you can get go on Youtube without needing to even play it.

I think the people who will appreciate this game the most are people who actually played FFVII. While CC is a prelude game, a lot of things in it will only make sense and grab the attention of people who played the original FFVII game.

That said, is CC worth buying? Definitely. Adding more to the compilation will always add more info to the game, since the FFVII story is no longer really just about FFVII.

The characters are interesting and kewl (ZACK! :gasp: ) the story adds a clearer perspective of past events (and opening more opportunities for future installments) and emphasises on character relationships; Zack and Cloud's friendship is far more tangible in this game than in FFVII or AC

Gameplay, I find unique. Not turn-based, and the limitbreaks varying dependent on the character you get was really kewl.

My only complaint is that I wish it was longer story-wise >_<

I tottaly agree i mean the original ff was 3 disks long.

Also the lvl system not so good, u could have 2 hours played and only be lvl 8 or so.

i just bought crisis core a month ago and im loveing it it is a good game and is the background on FFVII but is a good game.

As I've probably previously stated

CC was an absolutely dreadful game. Though, it is probably the best action RPG out there for PSP, or at least one of the best. But the battle system was shamelessly ripped off of kingdom hearts, which was one of the biggest disappointments in the entire game. The funnest thing about gameplay was wen you got to snipe robots with a sniper rifle. >.>

I can't say the same for the story, though. The story was beautiful, and I really enjoyed it.

It's the kind of game you buy because it looks cool or because you're a final fantasy VII fan or maybe even if you just want to uncover the FFVII compilation. It's a mediocre game with more info on the history of the compilation and a stupid fucking plot hole planted in the end of the game.

I will say however, that crisis core is the only dick extension of the FFVII compilation that wasn't a complete pile of shit. :gmonster:

I'm neutral about this kind
Semi-Not worth it cuz well the story was way too short and DMW was kinda lame cuz you have to do so much just to complete it and the leveling system took so long like I've playing it for like a day and still the same level T_T

Semi-worth it cuz the game is really amazing in terms of graphics and clarrification for the story

I'm neutral about this kind
Semi-Not worth it cuz well the story was way too short and DMW was kinda lame cuz you have to do so much just to complete it and the leveling system took so long like I've playing it for like a day and still the same level T_T

Semi-worth it cuz the game is really amazing in terms of graphics and clarrification for the story

You say more clarification but I say more questions. Seriously, Angeal? Genisis? I just don't see how they fit in the story....lol

~Insanctified

It's pretty good.

Gameplay: It's decent, I would have preferred a classic turn-based battle system, but that's just me. The DMW thing wasn't as bad as some people make it out to be, but it wasn't perfect.

Sound/Music: I'm just gonna say that I really didn't like the music for the game. That is, it was packed with fast paced electric guitar music and such, but I miss the variety that the pre-Advent Children games had. The theme song was good, although some of it's remixes weren't all that exciting.

Story: Ehhh, well it wasn't bad. It had a decent plot, there were some weaker areas and it was a tad on the short side but it was good for todays RPG standards. -___-;

I liked it, I bought my PSP ahead of time in anticipation when it would be released. Still, it wasn't as fantastic as I'd hoped.

Last edited:
crisis core is definantley a game worth getting. it is one of my favorite games for the psp. go out and get it as fast as you can!

I bought this game just the other day and loved it from the very first fmv sequence (which is beautiful and quite obviously supposed to mirror the intro to VII which I feel it does brilliantly) but I don't think I would recomend this game to anyone who has never played VII because I think the story would not mean so much if you hadn't. As someone has mentioned on a previous post, one of the appeals is to get a back story of VII and i'm not dissapointed with whats transpired so far.

I personally enjoyed the game. There are mixed reviews of the game, but as a Final Fantasy fan, it is worth playing, even if it is to hate the game in the end.

I certainly hope it's good since i just blindly bought it ^^ but im a hardcore FF7 fan so i should enjoy it. I saw some vid's, looks cool..

Back