Crisis Core Is Crisis Core worth getting?

IMO Yes If you love the FF7 Storyline that much you need to play this,Its a very in depth story for Zack showing what he did before he... well you know..

The Side missions are fun but lose their fun when almost everything causes instant death.. even with a Ribbon some missions make you wanna pull out your hair

If you don't like Zack Fair, you're heartless. That's all I can say about that. He's got a heart of gold (similar to Hercules in the Disney movie, if you've ever seen it) and he's so positive that it's really refreshing, seeing as how most Final Fantasy heroes before him (Cloud, Squall, Cecil, etc) were really moody and somewhat depressing.

Now, as for the game, I get rather tired of the battles. But that's not to say they are bad, I've just played the game way too much. If you enjoy Kingdom Hearts, you will enjoy this game's battle system, for the most part. It's a pretty healthy mix of Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts battling. You can move Zack around the battlefield, and use different materia combinations, like magic and techniques. It's actually a fairly complicated system and it would take too long to explain here. You're better off trying it for yourself or finding a guide, as you have to combine different materia to make new materia, and you use the materia fusion w/ items to get much stronger than you do by leveling. But you do still level, and even though the stat boost is minimal, every little bit helps. Leveling up is random, but there's a certain threshold that you cross after gaining enough EXP and the game gives you a better chance at leveling up. Like I said, complicated and difficult to explain. But find a guide and play the game, and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

The story is pretty top notch. I don't have too many complaints, though I wish the ZackxAerith romance would have been a little more heavy, but it wasn't meant to be that way anyway, because she would have had a lot more baggage when Cloud came along and the triangle wouldn't have worked, so I accept it for what it is. The ending is definitely a tear-jerker, and after playing this game, you'll appreciate Zack's part in Advent Children Complete.

As far as the whole package is concerned, this is a PSP game that you really shouldn't miss. I rank it in my top 10 PSP games, along with Persona 3 Portable, Peace Walker, Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions, Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep, Dissidia, Phantasy Start Portable 2, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters, and Megaman Maverick Hunter X. If you can afford it, all of these games are worth a playthrough and represent the best of the PSP's library, in my opinion.

But there you go. Is it worth getting? My answer is a resounding yes.

Lately, I've heard that people are saying that Crisis Core is a good game, but only for fans of the original game. But I think it really rings true. I don't think I'd have ever bought it if I didn't like Final Fantasy VII.

I think that it'd be really confusing if you played Crisis Core, then the original game, so yeah... I'm just going to go ahead and say, yes it is definitely worth getting, but only if you're a Final Fantasy VII fan.

or if you really like action RPGs that feature a lot of music with guitar in it.

I agree. It was a definite given for me to get it being such a huge fan and all. I think it turned out great. It tied in very well with the original ffvii and I'm looking foward to a possible sequel to DOC now.

I dont agree that you have to have played FF VII to enjoy this, but I do beleive that if you play this you will want to play FF VII afterwards, the ending is pretty much the beginning of FF VII and it made me want to replay FF VII even though I have finished it like 10 times.

Awesome game, nice story, fantastic graphics and great music. The gameplay can be a bit tedious sometimes, and the DMW-system can be annoying (Especially since you cant skip the special attack animations) but that is just som eminor clinks to the best PSP-game out there.

Simply put, this game is an absolute must have for any fan of FFVII or just good games in general. One thing to note however. Please, PLEASE go into the game with an open mind, because I've seen soooooooooo~ many people harp on the game because it has a different battle style than what they're used to. Think of it as a FF game with Kingdom Hearts style battles. If you're a fan of that style, then you'll become addicted to this game.

And don't get me started on the story. This game's story is superior to even some of the main numbered Final Fantasy titles, and its only a spin off. That's a testament to how solid the writing and characterization is. <3

Pretty much the reason I bought a PSP and I wasn't disappointed! Only thing I disliked about this game really was the levelling system. It felt so random like I had no control over what level I'd end up as. Maybe I missed some explanation. I'm going to replay it soon anyway with new game+ :)

Pretty much the reason I bought a PSP and I wasn't disappointed! Only thing I disliked about this game really was the levelling system. It felt so random like I had no control over what level I'd end up as. Maybe I missed some explanation. I'm going to replay it soon anyway with new game+ :)
It's not really random, there's a hidden exp system in place. ^_^

It's not really random, there's a hidden exp system in place. ^_^

Ahhh I see. You know I wondered that when I was playing once, but then I got two level ups one after another and just thought it was completely random! -_-

Back