Crisis Core Is Crisis Core worth getting?

I think it depends on the person's interests whether or not it's worth getting.

If you're after the gameplay, then I don't think you're going to enjoy it very much. On the other hand, the graphics and storyline make up for it, especially the ending.

But yes, I think it would be better to play the original game first before starting this one. I started playing CC when I haven't played FFVII and I was a bit confused about things.

I think you'll also appreciate the storyline more if you know what happens in FFVII. But if you don't mind guessing what's going to happen or if you like the characters enough, then buying it shouldn't be a problem. I had to search FFVII up on the net when CC was getting confusing for me.

-_-

*ahem!*

HELL-YES!!1

I've got it and, I fucking love it!!1

---
[Please can you put more effort into your post and elaborate and why you love it and think it's worth getting. Thank you.]

Only if you're interested in the story and Zack's background. That's why i got it because FF7 didn't really give enough information on who he was and why he was helping Cloud get to midgar. That and well i'm a fan of FF7 and i wanted to know more about how shinra and why they did the things they did.

This is a must have, for a completion of the story. However, if you haven't played FFVII for the ps1 i don't recommend it. The story is a prequel so it may get confusing. All in all though, Its a must to but, Great story, its almost worth more the the 40 bucks haha, what am i kidding it is worth more :P

I would get it if you would like a Final Fantasy game for the PSP. Also if you really are into the FF7 plot, it would be worth getting :P i know i love it

I enjoyed the playing the game. I think its no where near as good as ff7 but its good game non the less

Crisis Core in my opinion has some of the greatest cutscenes in PSP historyXD
This is possibly the one chance to get familiar with the relationship between Sephiroth, Genesis and Angeal (I don't think Genesis has extensive appearances anywhere else) so it's definitely worth getting.

It is a good game, but I'm not a huge fan of the combat system. It's too Kingdom Hearts-esque for me, which doesn't feel too good on the PSP. It's an awesome story though, and it has some fun elements to it, such as the materia merging.

Only if you've played the original FFVII.Otherwise it might cause a misunderstanding in my opinion,I mean the story.

Yea I learned that lesson very well I played Crisis Core first and got really confused so now I have to play FF7. But its a very good game and the graphics are really good.

In my opinion....no. But others might like it. Also, I suggest playing the actual original game before even thinking of playing Crisis Core or any other games.

You should try FFVII first if you haven't played it.
The battle system is fun at first, but can get boring. The graphics and voice acting are pretty good and the story is wonderful. As far as I know, Angeal and Genesis don't appear in any other FF game, and they are pretty awesome characters.
Even if you don't like it, the ending makes playing through worth it.
Crisis Core definitaly isn't one of the best games ever, but it's an okay one.

In my opinion....no. But others might like it. Also, I suggest playing the actual original game before even thinking of playing Crisis Core or any other games.

Indeed, agree word for word. Some make like it, but I myself cant stand it. No simple easy battle system and its so boring. Nothing but battle after battle and I couldnt take much of it. 7 is better by far.

Definitely! Crisis Core is a very good game and the graphics are AMAZING. The only thing that Square Enix could brush up on is making the story line a bit longer. Altogether, I give this game a 5/5 because it's really fun and the characters are just awesome. Story line behind it is very good as well.

In short if you'd like to get a good feeling for what a FF remake might be like Crisis Core would be a great game to play. The battle system is a little more action oriented like Kingdom Hearts, but it works better when you only have one character to manage and the controls are actually pretty good too. Not to mention the new Materia Fusion system is just as fun as the classic, but once again makes more sense when you only have one character to control seeing as you can upgrade a Materia to give you +999% HP and other stats. The story is kind of a twisted rip off of FFVII, but yet oddly original in it's own right, I quite liked it.

Chances are if you play Crisis Core it will either make you want a FF remake more or satisfy for you appetite for one if you're on the side of the fence that believe that Square would just murder it like they did with the rest of the Compilation of FFVII. Crisis Core is really the spin-off's whole saving grace. If you have a PSP and you're a big FFVII fan there's no excuse not to play this game.

Not unless you haven't played the real first game...first.

CC completely changes things and from what I've heard (and from my own experience )from unbiased people, its really lame. The graphics may be nice, but the gameplay, story and everything else, even acting, sucks really bad.

I played ten minutes of it and got so bored, I was about to smash my PSP. I sold it lol

If you play it before FF7, you'll be all jacked up on the story line.

Definitely! One of my absolute favorites in the Final Fantasy series. Exciting, touching and rather addicting to play. It also cleared up a lot for me, personally, some things in FFVII to which I had trouble understanding. I thank my mother everytime I play through it due to how much I love this game. It's worth giving a try! :'D

Absolutely! It was one of my favorite Square Enix games since FF9. The plot was good, the music was great and the characters were well built. Although it did have some flaws like all games do, I give it an 8.5/10. You should really give it a try, it's exciting :)

In my opinion crisis core is worth buying, if not just for the story but the hours of extra side missions etc. that are available and also the fight against Minerva to gain the best armour etc. in the game is worth playing by its self.

So all in all I would have to say that CC is worth buying if you are a true fan of the FF7 series. :awesome:

.FTR.

Back