[Interest Check/Discussion] Project Destrillians

Tipsynaruto has it right. The lore of the Dessies is that theyre biomechanically engineered through a surrogate program. Human only. Izanagis character has a phoenix quality about it but that is part of her fire. And ita not like its an all the time thing either. So again, human only please.

I dont think weve doubled up on dark yet bit I need to review once more when I'm not on my phone. ._.

First post has been updated with recent additions. Still waiting on a confirmation from a couple others, but I think the Opener can be posted soon. Posting my secondary, the beautiful lightning bender, Niya :ari:

Name: Number 000-000-015 – Niya

Personality: Niya is one of the most genial products in Viola. Her amicable demeanor makes her friendly to all the Destrillians, no matter their reaction towards her. She loves all her brothers and sisters equally.

Niya started in Viola on the shy side; her overseer encouraged her to play with the others during social interactions, but she was always reluctant. It wasn’t until one afternoon in the Recreation Room that she was experiencing her normal insecurities that another project offered her a moral boost; Niya was only five then, but the reaction inside her blossomed until it overwhelmed and quelled her anxieties.

Niya never saw that project again; Viola says they couldn’t complete. But she took those words and wrapped them in her heart, and from then, sought to make the experience just as enjoyable for every prototype that would walk through those doors. She is always the one to make the first effort and build a bridge over troubled waters between her and her kin.

Physical Appearance: Niya prides herself on her acrobatic skills. She trains hard with hand to hand combat- be it man or machine- and focusing her strengths on toning her body. She can tumble with the best of them, and even standing at five feet, eight inches tall, can manipulate her body into a tight ball, or use her slender legs to propel herself across the floor.

As the manifestation of Lightning, Niya’s body mirrors it: her golden hair cascades down her back in soft curls; her yellow eyes are ringed with an orange glow; and her lucid pale skin reflects these features, making her to move like a flash of lightning.

Her number- 015- sits in the same spot as any other Destrillian: branded on her right bicep.

Sleeping in cryogenic stasis leaves her with the typical color coordinated bindings over her private areas. When she’s in the recreation room with others, Dr Monahan gives her a grey pair of sweatpants and a tank top to match. Despite their appearances, there is little room left for distinction.

Element: Lightning

Physical/Elemental Abilities: Since she was a child, Niya loved using her body to manipulate physics. With the assistance of her mental signatures, she could move faster than she was meant to and jump higher than was allowed.

Niya handles lightning casually between her fingertips. As a child, she learned how to conduct her own electrical current by frizzing her long hair and standing on a textured surface. The lengths to which she would amplify this power- this self generating charge- frightened her guardian. Ever since, Viola ensures to keep all textured surfaces away from her during recreational activity and passage in the halls.

The length Viola goes through to restrict her doesn’t stop there. They have sought to keep electrical tools away from her at all costs, because although she wouldn’t mean any ill will, accidents do happen. Tearing through the exposed circuitry in the walls, Niya can steal the electrical charges and either store the energy, and use it for explosive measures.

While Niya exceeds in her physical maneuverability’s and connection to the grid, she cannot pinpoint her control over the element. She can guide the strikes as best as she can, but Dr Monahan gently reminds her that Lightning strikes wherever it may.

Viola History Niya’s relationship with Viola comes in two halves: she adores her brothers and sisters, and the life it has given her; but she keeps the overseers at arm’s length.

When she was only five, Niya huddled in a corner of the Recreation Room; her guardian had given her a hard time for her lack of civil obedience and lack of progressions. It wasn’t her fault; she was trying. But nothing was ever good enough for those mooks. Another Destrillian, a product of wind, whispered soft words of encouragement to her. It isn’t for them that they live for; it’s the projects, the prototypes. The numbers in the halls to which they all belong. The faces behind the glass just gawk at them, peering into their lives and studying them in test tubes. But if life is worth living, it’s because they live this strife together.

A month later, that product was pronounced dead. Niya felt a hollow in her chest, and she did everything she could to fill it, and that meant taking in every brother and sister as if they were blood.

At a young age, Niya saw the face of one of the faculty board members often, peering through the glass in the walls. But he never came forth and introduced himself. It caused her to become insecure; who was this associate and what would they want with her? Would they become her new surrogate? Would they replace Dr Monahan? These questions never came to fruition because shortly after her eighth birthday, Niya never saw the figure again.

Niya stands as a mediator between quarrels. As the Destrillians mature and grow into a harder adolescence, tempers flare. Association between the numbers tightens and tires in the same breath; but Niya works to never see those bonds sever.

Bump.

I'm going to be posting the intro to the RP soon after some minor tweaking. Anyone who wants to get in a bio can do so anytime. I'm not restricted to leaving players out once the Intro has been posted.. it's a flexible RP that way in which anyone can join up at anytime, giving characters a lot of lee-way on the outbreak.

Start making small groups with people.. combo element attacks is encouraged once there's battle on the horizon. There's no set way that the Basement is laid out, but logically those chronologically close would encounter each other... so Lux, Inazami and Aquilo could likely encounter each other, while Aya and Tarlach would, Marko and Niya and sadly, Euon would be all by his lonely in the higher number series. But maybe that leaves room with the infiltrator Alexander, of course that's up to The Welsh Paddy where they want to introduce him.

I was thinking of having Alexander go on in alone, unaware that Ichaniggy's character has also broken in. :monster:

Though, I have no objections to teaming up. It's bound to happen sooner or later, so.

Izanagi's chara breaking in, is the RP intro thread, it'll be shown.. what starts off as a sneaking mission goes horribly awry. So it'll work well if Alexander needs/wants to go alone. He'll likely have his own plan for it and once in, realizes how things have gotten so fudged up.

It would be good to see the fireworks that starts the plot when Ralph crashes into Viola. X)

Izanagi's chara breaking in, is the RP intro thread, it'll be shown.. what starts off as a sneaking mission goes horribly awry. So it'll work well if Alexander needs/wants to go alone. He'll likely have his own plan for it and once in, realizes how things have gotten so fudged up.

Yeah, that's kinda how I had it envisioned. :monster:

Good. Then everyone's on the same page. I'm just PMing with a few others who may still join up, to check on where they are with things, but otherwise the intro should be up soon. :megusta:

It genuinely warms the cockles of my heart to see so much enthusiasm for this Destrillians project after all these years, Channy! I would consider throwing out my bio again, but alas, methinks Erthys already had a good run and I don't think I'd do the RP justice anymore with my rusty writing.

I wish you all the best with the RP this time around, and I'll be keen to see what these writers have to offer for you. Looks like it's taking off! =)

Bio 2
This is the narcissistic nobleman' s bio. Hopefully this destrillian will gain some interest.
Name: Alqurroiu (Alqu for short)

Code: 21

Element: Wind

Appearance: Clothing wise it is best to think of a similar style to the Spanish nobleman attire of the pirAte age thus the clothing is like that of Alucard from Castlevania but with white colour in instead of Orange. With a pirate shirt that layers the under, a noble waist length jacket covers over it. A high collar covers the neck thus a large red cravat hangs from the very collar itself. Long leather gloves cover his hands up below his elbows streaked with red and white. He has black glossy leggings that is held by a large red and white sash. He also wears long leather boots that reach below the knees. Most of the clothing is black with hints of red and white here and then. He then sports a neck-length blonde mullet that ends in a ponytail. But his most striking feature is his mask which covers his whole face. A smooth white mask that has wavy tribal like black patterns thus the eyeholes are slanted inwards \/ like that I suppose.
He has remarkable blue eyes, blonde hair, a slim muscular build and a height around 5"9.

Personality: Completely narcissistic and a lover of true beauty and power. Completely self obsessed and overall selfish, he cares mainly about his own interests. But if others can be used to his own advantage or senses some worth then he may assist or even offer his full services to the obvious benefits of himself. He is also a fond lover of very beautiful women thus will very much admire them rather than himself. But to all others, he is such an arrogant asshole. But most cannot mistake his undeniable skill in battles, espionage and stealth. After all he is known as one of the fastest there if not THE fastest. Thus his elegance often leads to his cold-like nature and disregard for others as well as his un predictability. He plays no allegiance but to himself thus sides with the most benefiting and advantageous party. In this case, the Destrillians is his best option. Reliable? Yes. Trustworthy? No. Elegant and fast like the wind, he is gone just like that. Constantly changing direction with his plans and motives, his forceful nature takes a toll for the worst or the best depending on the situation. Overall an irreplaceable ally, but a very lethal foe should things come to that.
But he is also very prone to insanity. He has a slight obsession with blood and during battles he can very much go overboard with which his only motive then is to see more blood until his thirst is satisfied by the massacre he will have committed. But during this he is wise to whom he kills thus his allies are normally safe. He laughs a lot as well to escape his moments of dark and bloody incidents. This bipolar disorder is often a hazard thus both personalities are equally harmful depending on the occasion provided. One acts as a very narcissistic and selfishly obsessed individual and the other acts as the blood-thirsty insane psychopath.

Weapons and abilities: Carrying a swift rapier that is encrusted in white and black carvings of what seems to be a snake; he sees this weapon as the embodiment of his unleashed anger and means of execution. Other than this he has some very lethal abilities that involve his ability. The first and most prominent is the ability to move at a very high speed that causes an almost teleport ability. This allows for several other opportunities. One is to create identical blurring shadows which can easily confuse his foes thus they can do some form of damage if touched. He can also shred through his enemies with ease at this speed or if he wishes for his finishing signature move: the 'Coup De Grace', he will move through whatever enemies and leave then standing as a delayed reaction is performed. This being that there are several seconds before the wounds inflict their damage and kill during which Alqurroiu May perform some taunt or pose (sheathing his blade for one) just for simple showmanship. He also has some control over flight thus he can hover but really this equals to him being able to jump ridiculous heights and cling to walls for a while. Mix this with his high speed and you have a blur that can bounce across the whole room like you would not believe. He also has control over projectiles. Scythe like blades conjured out of the fabric of the wind itself which are aimed more at weakening rather than killing as they inflict simple cuts. He also has some control over the wind itself thus can create small tornadoes around himself or his allies for some protection and simple manipulation of some object. But overall his control is not that great.

Strengths and weaknesses: His main strength is his unrivalled speed and linked combat prowess. Thus he is hard to hit and a very confusing warrior of mix ups and wonder. But his arrogance and split personality makes him an issue to work with. Whilst his blood-thirsty state obviously makes him more aggressive and arguably stronger; it is hard to stop him once he starts which often leads to the shedding of so much blood. He is also prone to susceptible damage and isn't able to take as much hits as others could. But this is made for by his reliance on his speed and good amount of stamina. He has a weakness to fire though which can destroy his source of power and disallows for his speed and wind abilities. He is also prone to losing energy where there is low oxygen or air which is a severe handicap. His mask is also a strong source of power which enables 50% of his power. But the mask is very hard to break and therefore hardly come off. He removes only during courtesy or as a mean of taunting and giving his enemies a fighting chance. He is also an expert of ninjutsu martial arts, luchador wrestling and fencing.

Story: Created by the excellent Dr Madroi, Alqurroiu was based on the typical nobleman of the pirate age. During this, speed was a prime factor to which Alqu would be reliant on. The weaknesses were evident thus was something that he would have to try and resist. He then sought that his creation would require several arts to guide him as well as a sword that would heed him justice. But during all this, Dr Madroi grew obsessed with his new work and abandoned all others projects. Soon he found himself to be in love with his new creation and thought him too beautiful and perfect to even exist. For this reason, he sought to keep Alqu for himself and keep him encased in the glass casket of blood that kept his bod fresh. He also found that his face was too gorgeous to even have a scratch and placed half of Alqu' s power into a near-invincible mask. But this meant that there would be consequences. One that created the split personality of Alqu which was what woke him up. Alqu was born seeing blood thus created that persona of bloody obsession whilst Dr Madrois own obsession with Alqu himself seeped into the mind of the other persona. Dr Madroi then eventually made the mistake of wanting to destroy his project because he feared that Alqu' s beauty would be too much for the world. But by this time, Madroi' s mind had descended into chaos and was locked himself in his lab for the rest of his life. Yet Madrois plan failed whence Alqu had fully woken up at the time of his betrayal. Before the termination was to proceed, he broke out and executed his own doctor with little remorse. Thus finding the only reason to live was because he needed some existence for his own satisfaction. And outside would be the perfect chance to execute his ultimate plans...

hey, can i write upa quick bio for Izanami's doctor?

Have at 'er.

Umm, I don't know that you've still fixed Bio 1. Actually, I can't find it? I thought I remembered reading it.. the beast man... but in any base, a beast hybrid type isn't going with the flow of the RP

This is the narcissistic nobleman' s bio. Hopefully this destrillian will gain some interest.

I have issues with this.. mainly appearance wise. A fair few people had to be advised the same, but appearance/clothes wise is very neutral and bland.. during cryogenic slumber, they sleep in colour coordinated under-roos just to cover their bits. During recreation/training, simple sweat suits/pants/sleeveless shirts.. very clerical yet identical.

Further more, I've spoken with Yu Narukami about it earlier, and there were no weapons allowed. Those two glaring mistakes give me the impression that you didn't really read the introduction post to see what Destrillians is about. I'm not able to accept this character at this time, there are massive revisions that need to be done, sorry.

Back