I just beat FFX! Here is my review.

This game is the best final fantasy game ever!

Everything is perfect the characters,the story and also battle system.

I also adore the love story between tidus and yuna.

Please put more effort in your post, reviews tend to be longer and more detailed, thank you

Alright, here we go.

This is a good game, I guess. I would recommend it to people who are new to the series, as the bosses (for the most part) aren't very difficult, except for the last one.

Anyway, here's something really good about this game: the battle system. Yeah, it's turn based, but it's not that big of a deal to me. Also, you can switch out your characters during the battle. For example: character A, character B, and character C are fighting; D, E, F, and G aren't fighting, though. Character B dies, so you can switch him out with D.

Now onto the storyline. Basically, a big giant whale thing named Sin is destroying everything. Not very creative, in my opinion. However, there is a little bit more to it than that, which is somewhat better; however I don't want to spoil anything for you, so I won't say anything.

The characters are...blah. The only ones I liked were Lulu, a black mage, and Seymour, a villain in the game. The main character, Tidus, has terrible voice acting, therefor making him sound like he's whining nonstop throughout the course of the game. Typical quote from him: "But I want everything!" What a brat.

Oh, and the other characters in the game consists of a ballplayer with a Jamaican accent, a goody two shoes girl, a hyper active thief, and some sort of blue lion thing.

The graphics are good, not much else I can say here.

Now onto the ending. Some say it made them cry, and it may make you cry too, however, I laughed. The main character and his loser girlfriend irritated me, so I cheered. Hope that's not spoiling anything.

Oh, and another thing about the ending, the very, VERY last boss, if you can even call him that, is the easiest boss battle ever. Why? BECAUSE AUTO LIFE IS CAST ON YOU IN THE BEGINNING OF THE BATTLE! You cannot die, just watch the pretty colors and BAM! dead in thirty seconds.

Please note that the boss above is not the difficult boss I mentioned in the beginning of the review. He is completely different, and is who I consider to be the last boss.

So, there's my review. Voila. :neomon: Hope I didn't offend any fanboys/fangirls!

Who Agrees?

I don't want to hurt any bodys feelings, I just want to see who agrees with me.

But, is it just me, or did FFX just really really suck compared to all the other FF games, I mean honestly, I hated the game, it just was not what I was expecting. :holyshit:

I really liked it, easily one of my fabourites. I LOVED the sphere grid, I think I enjoyed that FAR too much >_> Story was great and IMO the battle system was spot on. Compared to the other FF's Id say it's on par with the best games up there ^^

So alas, I can't say I agree, but you are entitled to your opinion :monster:

Hah i couldnt disagree with you any possibly more. Without a doubt my favourite game ever. The storyline was so emotional, especially the ending. When you think you have the story nailed, another twist in the plot appears. The sphere grid was probadly my favourite levveling system out of any game, it offered so much versatility. I felt close to every character in the game as oppose to ther titles where i wouldnt particularly care if a certain character was to die.
So why dont you like the game? I wanna hear your reason because i cant see why it would be hated. :)

Not to sure how this one sucked, I would have to say it is the 2nd best after FFVII. This one grabbed the player by the emotional hooks and made them want to put more and more hours into the game. It was definitely a great game.

Tidus was a pansy early on and I can see how you could get sick of him, but after a while he grows up a bit and you start to enjoy him. I don't have a bad thing to say about this game, it really upped the performance of FF's since VIII and IX sort of bombed.

I liked the game, it didn't have as much adventure as the other Final Fantasy's but what it didn't have in adventure it made up for with Emotion, there was so much sadness and the whole thing was based around everyones emotions. It made you really connect with the characters and made the ending really sad, one of the saddest Final Fantasy endings I've seen

My Sacrificial Paradise

Out of the FF games I've played (VII through XII + DoC) X is my joint favourite with VII.

I love the game, the story is beautifully written, and there's a few curve balls in there which weren't expected during the first play through I did.

Like all of the members above I will have to disagree.
I personaly think that the music was very beautiful. Even though other characters didn't reaveal themselves that much that was what made them special. No matter how many times you've played FFX. the strengths and weaknesses of your characters are always different. The graphycs were the best I've seen. The story was funny and sad together. I don't see anything wrong with FFX. It's my favourite game of all.

But if you mean FFX-2 then I'm all the way on your side :monster:

beat FFX 10 times

This FF in my prospective was only 2nd fav. my first being FF9. I think this game would be better if they did not make FFX2 it was totally not needed and over compensated. The game was a joke. Auron was the best character in the whole game well i lulu was good too but wakka was a stupid character he was really usless and also unneeded they could have left him out and life would have gone on all he is is some guy with orang hair that kicks a ball and kills things that lulu can kill with a blink of an eye... and the story line was only mediocre there could have been more deteil and a better ending they wouldnt have to make a usless game if the ending of X was better..

Thanks for reading..
-Joe

This FF in my prospective was only 2nd fav. my first being FF9. I think this game would be better if they did not make FFX2 it was totally not needed and over compensated. The game was a joke. Auron was the best character in the whole game well i lulu was good too but wakka was a stupid character he was really usless and also unneeded they could have left him out and life would have gone on all he is is some guy with orang hair that kicks a ball and kills things that lulu can kill with a blink of an eye... and the story line was only mediocre there could have been more deteil and a better ending they wouldnt have to make a usless game if the ending of X was better..

Thanks for reading..
-Joe

Just because Square decided to make Final Fantasy X-2 does not mean that the ending to Final Fantasy X needed to be "better". It was a great ending. If they did not expand it into Final Fantasy X-2, you would not say that. I do not believe.

The best Final Fantasy Game ever! My favourite character of all series is Tidus, then you know xD I passed game 5 times, and always have 100% of the game!! My beloved game! you have to buy it if you never played it

Lets remember this is a REVIEW thread, therefor posts are expected to be quite substantial and require alot more effort.

FFX was a great game. After years of great PS graphic for the FF games, the PS2 made it even better. It is a great game to blow off time, but it was not one of the best. The way to level your caracters up wasn't too great, the Sphere Grid just wasn't good. The battle system was an improvement over past titles. The Story was great and was interesting to follow, and it kept the gamer wanting to finish to see the ending. The characters were great and fit right into the story. The voice over wasn't too impressive and they did improve on it, in later games. Overall the game is a true Final Fantasy Title and I recommend it for anyone who wants to continue the FF playing experience.

Gameplay: 8.5/10

FF 10 is a tad greater in gameplay than the rest of the series becuz the stratedgy aspect of the game is probably the most fun ive ever had. the summons are awesome (aeons), and the overdrives really make the action feel lik a movie. the blitzball minigame is fun at first but i really didnt get that into it.

Graphics: 9/10

FF 10 was the 2nd RPG i played for the ps2 (the 1st was KH). I must say i was in awe of the graphics. U can tell the difference between the CGI and the real time but u wont care at all. the backrounds are astonishing.

Story: 9/10

story is jus a hell of a ride from start to finish, thats all imma say :D

Music: 9/10

sum very very great songs wer in this game. to zanarkand and hymn of the fayth r jus sum of the those epic songs.

Overall: 9/10 One of the best

My god I loved this game! I just beat it and all I can say is Wow! What really got me was the bond between Yuna and Tidus, then that ending ...I don't want to spoil anything for those who have not played it but it is definitely a must play.

Edit: Sorry I forgot to give my ratings

Game Play: 8/10
Graphics: 9/10
Battle System: 8/10
Music: 10/10 (love all FF music)
Storyline: Again 10/10

The only little quarrel I can honestly speak of is the leveling system, while it was new and gave the player a bit more freedom to really make decisions on how they want to level their character it took some time to navigate and keep track of where you wanted your character to be. These decisions had to made early on as the player has to spend critical moves points to either go forward or backwards in the grid

So my overall rating is a 9/10 for this game. Definitely one of my favorite titles.

Last edited:
Okay, here is my review, I made it a short as I could

Final Fantasy X

Gameplay: 5/5 – The battle system was simply perfect I my opinion. The best battle system I saw so far. I like the ability to switch characters and to control Aeons.​
The Sphere Grid was amazing as well. I think the idea quite original and cool.​
Especially I liked the "special spheres" (Teleport, Friend, Master, etc..) which allows the player to do some tricks. For example I got the "Master Sphere" and learned Ultima with Lulu. Then used a teleport sphere with Kimahri and teleported to the already activated Ultima, and learned it. Then I used Friend sphere with Kimahri in order to teleport to Lulu (who was near the DoubleCast ability).​

Plot: 4/5 – A very good and solid plot. It had two shocking moments for me (
that Yuna'll die after summoning the Last Aeon, even though I guessed something bad will happen, and that Tidus will disappear
). But aside of it, the plot was almost average.​

Character: 3/5 – I liked the characters overall, but they were kind of average.​
Some characters, like Auron and Tidus, had a good story. But the others' story wasn't that good and was quite average.​

Soundtrack: 4/5 – It was nice (I liked the boss battle music and the arena music) but still wasn't perfect in my opinion​

Graphics: 3/5 – I didn't really like the graphics. I think they could do a better work.​
The in game was graphics was passable. But during the FMV graphic was annoying.​
It was very high quality on one hand. But on the other, they all looked Japanese in the FMV even though they didn't look so in the in-game graphics. I was getting the strange feeling that the characters in the game and the characters during the FMV are totally different ones.​

Enjoyment: 4/5 – I very enjoyed the game and I consider it one of the best FFs I played so, if not the best. I liked the battles, the bosses and the sphere grid.​
I was a little disappointed with the plot, as I have excepted something better, but nevertheless it was an epic game.​

Overall: 3.84/5 (guess I am a little harsh :P but it is still 76.8%)​

Back