I just beat FFX! Here is my review.

One of the greatest FF games ever.
There's nuthin wrong with it, it have some great new idea and not too much romance.
the battle system is great and as I said before there's nuthin wrong with the game.

i'd have to agree almost completely.
loved the game. great replay value IMO.
its been a couple years since i played it last...
but reading this review thread has tempted me;
might have to dust off the ps2 and get going again!
Praise be to Yevon!
:drunk:

Well. What the heck isn't there to love about this game? (Well, maybe Tidus' voice!)

The storyline was that of a movie, It was great - easily one of the best PS2 storylines, constantly keeping the player hooked, and if you ever needed a break from maybe the more tedious aspects (I'm looking at you sphere-skill-system-thingy) then you can always play what is, in my opinion, the best mini-game ever! Blitzball!

I also listen to the soundtrack on youtube from time to time, it's amazing!

Ok. Here is my review.

Story 10/10
There's one thing I've ever realized once I beat the game and understand the story: a story doesn't need a villain or antagonist to be good or rather spectacular. Just look at the plot of this game. There is no main villain. The major and I mean big problem here is the case of the world Spira being terrorized by a monstrous creature called Sin. We are focusing on Yuna and her guardians especially Tidus. The pilgrimage of Yuna is very fateful and for that, it makes the story good. The events like Seymour's proposal, the whole truth about Sin and Jecht, the result of the end of the pilgrimage, about Tidus being only a dream, and many more makes the story perfect. The ending of the story is very sad. And I'm sure, once you understand the story and witness the ending, there is a big chance that tears will come flowing out of your eyes. For me, this has the best storyline among the series.

2. Characters 7/10
Tidus 6/10
Tidus is the main character of the series. There are lots of good thing about this character. But there is one thing that makes me not consider him as a good character: his selfishness. His line "this is my story" always ticks me off. It's as if he is just thinking of himself. But excuse me, the story revolves around Yuna, you know? Another thing is his voice. Man it's annoying.

Yuna 10/10
Yuna is the one who wants to sacrifice herself for the sake of the world. I am really satisfied about her attitude, her aim in life. It's just sad to think that she will die at the end of the pilgrimage. Indeed, she has a strong faith in herself. Even though the religion betrayed her, she is still pressing forward. Now that's what I call dedication.

Auron 10/10
Auron is the one who puts everything in the story at the right track. If without him, the whole story will be ruined. He is the one who brought Tidus to Spira. He is the reason why Tidus don't want Yuna to perform the Final Summoning. He is the reason why Yuna grew up in Besaid with Wakka and Lulu. Not to mention his background story is also good. And also his being silend all the time and being a good mentor make him a good character same as my favorite character.

Kimahri 7/10
Kimahri has a pretty good role in the series. He is the one who brought Yuna to besaid and protected her with all his life until the pilgrimage ended. He is really loyal to Yuna. Not much to say about him.

Wakka 4/10
He doesn't have any interesting background story. For me, he is just a simple guardian who loves blitzball.

Lulu 7/10
From the start, she is incredibly grumpy. It's because of Chappu who died at the battle against Sin. But there's more to it than that. She has failed to protect the first summoner she was guarding. Her background story is not great, but good.

Rikku 7/10
Like Wakka, she doesn't have a good background story, or maybe she doesn't have background story. But still, I like her hyper attitude. She may not have a good background story, but she is the one who revealed to Tidus about what is going to happen to Yuna once she summon the Final Aeon.

The Sphere Grid 10/10
The character development here in Final Fantasy X rules! I like the way you can see path you are going to in the grid. And also the skills and attributes you will activate. Each node is very helpful. There is nothing to worry about if you think you are gonna neglect some of your characters during battles. There are different types of monsters. You just need the appropriate character to defeat that certain monster. You have a time mage, white mage, hard-hitter, blue mage, shooter, black mage, and a thief in your party.

Battle System 10/10
From all the series I played, I really like the battle system used here. I much prefer this than the Active Time Battle and Active Dimension Battle used in Final Fantasy 12. Planning strategies is the way I like it. I am really impressed that you can see the order of turns coming up.

Soundtracks 10/10
I love it! I listen to any of it anytime, anywhere. My favorites are: battle theme, to zanarkand, suteki da ne, challenge, the one when fighting seymour omnis, yuna's theme and many more.

Overall: 9.4/10
It is worth playing it and you will never regret the money you wasted to buy a copy of this game and time you spent playing this game. It is spectacular! For those who haven't played, play it as soon as possible! Trust me, it will never fail to amaze you.

(is my review post too long?)

The first time i played it, i got through the whole game very fast, unfortunately, i was at a very low level towards the end, so the next time around, i leveled up more, and it was easier to beat

I have just completed the game... and I'm so pissed off with myself now for not having found a way to play this game earlier...

... Even though the circumstances were against me then.

That, and wow.

AeHdg6cN+vBIAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Does anyone think this 'The End' screen is one of the nicest?

In any case, Final Fantasy X is, by my experience, currently the best Final Fantasy I've ever played. That, and it's now also the best turn-based RPG I've ever laid my hands on.

Story:

Perhaps the most developed of its time; the story in this game was exceptionally well-told, and well-paced. I particularly like how they had set the mood of the game, and maintained it throughout with significant events that had a direct influence on the characters - influencing them.

Some games tend to make the mistake of having a major event happen, yet have their characters react as if it:

• Never happened
  • Didn't matter to them (When it, logically, should have)
Final Fantasy X didn't make this mistake.

In fact, this story-telling aspect was well tied in with it's high-quality graphics. Expressions of character were well animated to suit the events... (More in Graphics)

Characters:

I'm not so sure, but I think I've heard somewhere about someone complaining about Tidus... (?) Something about the voice acting, I recall.

Well, I'm not too sure about this one, but in any case, I thought it was quite good. In fact, a large portion of the game's conversations were voice-acted. That, and I actually think the voice acting were very good. It definitely helped gave the game more 'life', in a sense, and the characters...

Uh... Gave the characters more 'character'...

Like Auron, which before playing the game, I keep hearing of as some kind of 'bad-ass' character. I kinda agree with them at now... And I also think his voice actor sounded bad-ass too.

Voice acting aside, character development was fairly good, even if you kept on the story path without side-tracking for the side quests -- I didn't bother with any of the side quests, by the way. The moment it came down to the final battle, I just did it.

That, and I'm assuming the side quests expanded on the characters' personalities... Which seems non-existent... In the walkthroughs that I browsed through.

Battle System:

Well... It is still turn based, with enemies waiting patiently as you decide your next course of action. There is slightly more interaction though, with your characters being able to converse with the enemy, or making use of the environment to attack your enemies (like hitting certain things to cause an event that affects the battle)...

That only happens in certain battles though.

Graphics:

From what I understand, this game probably had the best graphics in its time. I still think it has graphics comparable to even today's standards... My standards are pretty low, I guess.

I cannot really make an assessment on this aspect though, as I was playing on an emulator. Apparently, emulators for the PS2 is not well-developed enough to play the game without some glitches here and there.

Though, if all the cut scenes that I've seen on the emulator were played smoothly... Boy. That would be epic.

I also recall that this game won an award for having the 'best cut scenes', or something like that... Well, that should make a good assessment, ya?

Music:

Aha, my favorite aspect of any game.

The music is what sets the mood.

That aside, I feel that the composer, Nobuo Uematsu, has a gift for composing music that would almost always suit the mood of the game, and also be good enough to listen for leisure.

Perhaps... The most popular would be 'To Zanarkand' from the game... Hell, I think it's the most popular. >.> I'm seeing so many covers of it on piano... Violin... Guitar...

... And I'm seeing people play it in reality... And even people learning how to play on the piano just for this song.

... I'm in that second group. Finally learned how to play the song. ^^

Overall:

Well, I have to admit... I am a Final Fantasy series fan, so my opinions can be a little biased... To some extent, at least.

However, do note that even then, I feel that this game is probably one of the best in the series, and definitely worth the money spent. I mean, look at me. I'm not really the type to review games after completing them...

But this one I felt was too good to not review. If you're considering this game at this point in time, well, know that you have seen one really positive review of it.

Having a break on my WoW affairs, i started my favorite Final fantasy, X ! But this time on an emulator with an iso made trought my old ffx dvd (gotta love this informatic fellas) and my ffx looks even more beautifull than on a new fat tv screen with my old ps2 (i recommend all to test it out!)

Reviewing such a superb well made game is hard, and i'm not that kind of person (still i registered here just cause of that :D !)

I read all comments and i bit sad that everyone don't like wakka has much, but i gotta say that he is a beautiful character, we all have a real life friend that are hard as a rock minded and plays the roll of a loyal and big brother and he plays one of the most emotional ffx moments i've saw (having a hatred to the al bhed in his life and even a bit disturbed for knowing that rikku was one of the and knowing that the al bhed were kidnapping the summoners, that hug between him and rikku in the airship after her "home" was destroyed, it was so emotional and comforting by his part, he was the perfect for that moment!) and i believe he is the closest character to real life than the others.

This was just a side note xD

My first try of the game (2002 when the game came to europe) i didn't know about the side quests and the destruction spheres, still i was able to die hundreds of times till i knock down yu yevon and i died even more thousands of times just to down one of the most brilliant ideas ever, the dark aeons! who says they beat them easily, must be clueless, i spent hoursss of grinding the celestial weapons and hours till i reach omega ( no encounters was something i didnt knew what it did hihi xD ) but still it helped to go further in the grid by battling 2 secs of walking with tidus -.- ^^!

The story was breathtaking, it has many similarities with real life "faith" like church and that, was one of the things that i liked it much. That end was so sad that make me cry ! (that and the end of the lord of rings part 3 movie was the only time that i cried too haha :flower:, but its true).

The characters and the voice acting are superb (i simply love auron and wakka!) Yuna perhaps can be the most anoying one and at the same time the best one, her goodness is something that is rare or non existing in real life but hey!! (yuna with guns in ffx-2? that is the annoying part hehe:P) Overall this a cast of summoner and guardians that everyone will remember for life.

The gameplay, i simply love it, i just love to take my pace building my tactic with the time i want, thats my kind of tactic! So big score for that. The leveling sphere grid its not hard to manage when u know it well, but sometimes ur going to a dead end (like tidus sphere finishes between him and yuna, well magic is not what u want for him, well i don't xd) but when u got to know how it works properly u can just teleport to where ya want!

The music, well u are going to listen to many piano and other versions on youtube for certain (if u loved it of course), i simply listen many times ^^ !

Side quests and bosses are simply awsome! I love the dark aeons, when i came in touch for the first time with one (dark valefor in besaid) i was what a hell are this monks doin here?! and BANG dark valefor and K'O for my party, i hated and loved that, it keeps the challenge of the game active!

But my favorite is blitzball! I don't know how many hours i play this mini game, but all i can say it is many!! It takes a good luck to win the first game, and after a few new games, all i can say the first tip of wining this is when Letty (or other u choose for MF) picks the ball first, cause if not, then its the goers, and ur certain going to see ur keepa taking a goal between his legs ^^! But after that its just to enjoy every game and shout to the screen when ur tackled by a small atack with ur Superior EN or vice versa hehe, it was a brilliant idea from square, but ruined by ffx-2, but no matter anyway.

I'm a bit ashamed of ffx-2 being a bit to much girly and i got fed up by the soundtrack and the overall aspect of the game (blitzball being one BIG part of the problem to xD) because ffx-2 has the proper ending of ffx (side note).

FFX is the only game that i give a just reward 10/10! A beautiful masterpiece created.

---

If anyone plays World of Warcraf i can give some advises (im on a break for some days now hehe) of any class, ffx and WoW are the only games i play (repeat mode ofc) hihi!

cheers

I just beat it for the 2nd time :cookie: and this time I shaved little over 60 hours of my fisrt playthrough!! This run I only focused on Tidus, Auron and Yuna...no lightning, blitzzball, butterflies or cactuars. I still managed to Capture 10 of each fiend and get my 3 characters' strenght, defense and magic defense to 255 plus their legendary weapons all maxed out.....It's still a great game.

Next for me is Final Fantasy XII :cookie:

i give the game a 9/10

gameplay was fun, as well as the sphere grid.

story was great too, probably my 3rd favorite in the series behind 9 and 6.

the characters were hit and miss. i hated waka,a nd wish they had expanded on auron more.

as for soundtrack, this game is my favorite followed by 6;s soundtrack.

final comment: the game wasnt perfect, but it was good enough for me to justify that i will buy a PS3 soley for its remake.

My Final Fantasy X (Ten) Review <3

I have to say this is the BEST by far Final Fantasy series for Playstation 2. The Graphics on this game are good and the storyline is ep!c. Theres always something to do and it never gets boring :) The best thing about this game is that they introduced the "Sphere Grid" i thought that was a good way to level you'r characters and it was something different than the regular ATB battle systems. There was alot of side quests which is always the best part of any game, and what i adored about this game was the "Aeons" Anima was by far the best (in my opinion) and you had to work for it ( as you had to get all the destruction sphere treasures ) Which were always a challenge, no matter how many times you completed the game. :awesome:

Ratings :confused:

Graphics - 7/10 :wacky:

Storyline - 10/10 :holyshit:

Battle system 10/10 :holyshit:

Characters - 9/10 :highfive:

The characters in FFX where a good mix and no matter who you had in your party/team it was always a good combination! Every character could be as strong as the other with thanks to the Sphere Grid. One of the reasons why this was a good idea to introduce. It would be good to see if they released another Final Fantasy game with the Sphere Grid <3!

Hope my review is satisfactory enough :)

-Sean. :ken:

hi best friends, i beat this game a long time ago but i was pretty young at the time..

anyways, i've recently beat it again and this is what i think

-blitzball
-story line
-hot female characters

dislikes
-the really bittersweet ending with somewhat of a cliffhanger and a terrible sequel.

-terrible weapon art which is fine.. but when you dodge 200 lightning bolts for some ugly doll.. that is unacceptable.. ugly celestial weapons was a big turn off for me, especially when Jecht has a badass looking sword and you've spent hours getting your ugly weapons.

-some of the side quests were pointless and frustrating (getting an ugly sword for getting under 0.00 time elapsed in a race, or a doll for a nearly impossible side quest)

-The story line isn't very good at all until you understand it, and I dont think it's even really covered in the game. Maybe it is if you talk to that old guy that always says 'pity' when you dont want to hear his history lessons. I had to look at wikipedia to understand a great deal of it, there are some things I still don't even understand.

-not enough jecht scenes

-not enough blitzball scenes

tl;dr

good game, good plot, blitzball owns and so does jecht..

Last edited by a moderator:
hi best friends, i beat this game a long time ago but i was pretty young at the time..

-The story line isn't very good at all until you understand it, and I dont think it's even really covered in the game. Maybe it is if you talk to that old guy that always says 'pity' when you dont want to hear his history lessons. I had to look at wikipedia to understand a great deal of it, there are some things I still don't even understand.

I'm interested, what exactly about the story did you find confusing/not able to understand?
I remember playing through it when I was 12 and a completed it a few times since then...I've never found any of it confusing...I will even go as far as to say it had a great easy to pick up storyline, unlike FF13 which was a mess until the 3rd disk.

Such an epic game! Too bad you were not able to fully enjoy it due to it having confusing storylines.

Well, at this point, beating it is hardly satisfactory and I get no feeling of accomplishment whatsoever. I have beaten this game so many times that I've really ruined it for myself.

I still love it though. I mean, I remember actually beating it, and how fucking teary I got. Yeah, I got teary. So what. Wanna fight, bitch?

Anyways, good game. There's a reason I overdid it for myself. It was wonderful.

In my opionion this is the last TRUE Final Fantasy game and it could easily be one of the best. I actually really liked the level up system and the soundtrack to the game as well. One of the best minigames in my opion was blitzball. My least favorite part of the game was how Tidus always seemed to be whining, especially at the beginnning of the game. Overall though the game is awesome with so many sidequests to be completed.

My all time favourite game, completed 3 times, first time I just raced through the story, 2nd time I spent ages looking for secret stuff, 3rd completed using a game guide.I'd definitely recommend it to any RPG fans!

I beat the International version a few months back and I thought I might share my thoughts on it :D

I really liked the International version MUCH better than the original. It had a sense of added Difficulty with the alternate Sphere Grid, which also did a REALLY nice job of bringing back the classic Job System vibe to the game, something that I haven't experienced in FF in a while. Aside from this, the added bosses are a great and welcome addition. The Dark Aeons provide a great challenge that even some of the most seasoned FF players might have trouble with. You need to max out your shit before trying to face these guys haha.

Over all, if you were to play a version of the game, I would suggest the international version. It's a greater enhancement and it does much right, even if its predecessor did little wrong.

I personally find this game to be one of the easiest in the series, and a great starter for anyone that wants to get into the Final Fantasy series. It is perhaps the last Final Fantasy game to truly use many of the classic combat aspects within the series, and as such you will get into the true core gaming experience that many if not all the previous Final Fantasy tittles had.
Not to imply that the later games are bad or lack any good gaming experiences (personally I love ff12) but ff10 is the last to hold several of the old school aspects to it such as a true turn based combat. I think that it had several of the main ingredients that previous final fantasy players knew and loved.

It is with a touch of nostalgia that I write about this game as it was the first game in the Final Fantasy series that I played and completed. Viewing it from that time I found it to be most welcoming to new players and because of its simplicity it got me hocked right away. Not to say that farming/grinding wasn’t a part of it, but through the main game from start to finish it never truly required that you did it in such a large scale that it became tedious (beside the third battle with Seymore).
A very important part for me is how stunningly gorgeous the game is and how the amazing cut-scenes truly becomes a reward to view.
When it comes to the music in this game I think all I need to say is that Nobuo Uematsu made 51 tracks for it. Every single one of them is filled with his soul and I personally think “To Zanarkand” is one of the most beautiful Final Fantasy songs.

I don’t know about you but I think voice acting isn’t really such a big deal. Although I will admit that Tidus could be annoying at times. This game had a long cast of voice actors where some were indeed terrible, but I think of it as part of the charm. Personally I found the dialogue to be weird at times to. The characters I personaly liked were Jecht, Auron, Waka, Lulu and Rikku and I thought they were pretty decent both in character and voice.
Another subjective point is whether or not you liked the characters. I think that Auron was and still is one of the coolest characters square has ever created, and that his personal story and characteristics were really well made. The connection between him, Jecht and Tidus was very touching to me as a kid, especially how he protects Yuna and Tidus as a personal duty to his deceased friends.
Regarding the romance between Yuna and Tidus I thought it was very bittersweet and that the ending was very sad. I also started to enjoy Tidus as he tried to find a way to save Yuna from certain death, which made the ending even more tragic in my opinion.

Most importantly the characters are everything you could expect from a final fantasy game, with deep characters and plenty of awesome rememberable personalities.
When it comes to the minigame blitzball I found it to have a lot of depth to it and it was perhaps for this reason that I personally never actually got into it. I really don’t know if it is a very good or bad minigame because it has a deep learning curve that I personally didn’t bother to go through with. I did manage to win the championship in one of my playthroughs, but I didn’t continue afterwards. If it’s good or bad I really can’t say.
Another point I think is very subjective is if you actually felt the game was too easy or not. Because it was my first JRPG I actually found it to be pretty darn difficult. But compared too many other JRPGs and FF tittles it’s actually way more welcoming to beginners.
Difficulty is of course a very subjective thing but I personally feel that FFX is perhaps the easiest Final Fantasy game out there, but then again all final fantasy games can be easy or hard depending on how much grinding you put into the characters.

One bad thing is how terrible the final boss Yu Yevon is. To not be able the die on the final boss is a terrible, terrible aspect for any RPG/JRPG. To not be able to die against this boss destroyed any sort of challenge. In my opinion I think that Yu Yevon must be the worst final boss battle ever made in the history of final fantasy.

Overall I think it was a very good game and a solid 9 out of 10 for me personally.

I'm gonna go ahead and say that, storywise, this was the FF I bought more than any other. Though it has some cons, at some level you do relate to Tidus in discovering Spira and experimenting the story. It was, I think, as engaging as it can be. And yes, love and all that **** really contributed to the whole storyline, and I actually bought it (unlike VIII's forced one and IX's meh one). At the end, those elements together made for a hollywood epic ending, which is no secret, it helped transform X into one of the most beloved FF's (and most mainstream-recognized, a huge step for FF's).

I mean, I first beat it when I was like 10. That tells you it had that power to involve small children, but I bet 20 year olds at the time also enjoyed the plot (movie-like).

It's my opinion no FF is faultless, all of them have things the other doesn't and all of them lack something that the other don't. But I could well say X is, for me, first tier in FFs.

FF X-2 was less epic (and that was planned), but **** it, I too played it for the ending!

My final point is, some people bash X's story in comparison to older games...well, every, and I mean every FF has plot holes, annoying and nonsensical things going on (no matter how cool the story is 'cause at the end they are all FF), you just tend to forget it with the advent of time and the mixture of nostalgia you'll get when said old FF is mentioned. VII, VIII (!) and IX are all included in this.

My favorite game of all time. To me, the story behind it was engrossing and addictive. Couldn't stop training my characters after it was all said and done. Played through the game and went all routes. This game was perfection. Absolutely loved it. Nuff said.

I beat FF10 about a month ago and here's my review.

Great game, good graphics, and a nice storyline. However, there are some parts of the game that could have been modified a little further, one of that is the Compulsory Quest. It's too straightforward, it's like walking into a straight path until reaching the finish line, the only real challenge on each quest are Bosses and most of them are not even that tough and much of a challenge. If it weren't for the Monster Arena and the Dark Aeons[In other versions] this game wouldn't have given a good challenge towards the players.

Back