How Many Languages Do You Speak?

How many languages do you speak? Again l337 $p3@k doesn't count :D

• Total voters
hahaha the title of this thread i find so funny. How many languages do you speak? I only speak a few. Hahaha id be be happy if i knew any other language. I did french in school for 4 years and never really picked it up. I know the basics and thats about it. To be honest, i wouldnt call counting to 20 and saying hello knowing the language. Maybe if i ever find a language i want to learn il give it a go. Until then its english all the way and scottish even more.

Let's see... Fluently i speak English, Portuguese, Spanish

Not so fluently would be French, Taiwanese and Japanese. =]

I've got English, obviously, Spanish and French.

Spanish - My mom use to work in an all Hispanic run restaurant so I use to go in with her when I was a child and they would teach me the basic's as I went. I picked it up and I remembered it easily.

French - I'm not fluent, yet, but I'm close. :)

I speak English, German (although its rusting), Bulgarian (although not fluent), a bit of Russian and a bit of Japanese. xD

Hooray for English! I would hate to have to learn that as a foreign language, it SUCKS.

I live in Japan though and work as a translator. I love languages but am too busy concentrating on my Japanese (though I always get told I know more than enough or I speak it better than native speakers; don't believe everything people say) to really put time and effort into anything else. I have at various points learned French, German, Swedish, Romanian, Korean and Chinese, though I really only retain the bare bones of all of those. :(

I speak English, French and Arabic
I lived in France for 6 years so I'm fluent, and my parents taught me arabic, which wasn't that easy... -__-

English of course. I can also speak Tagalog, Chinese (both Mandarin and Hokkien dialect but getting rusty at both), Japanese and French (starting to get a little bit rusty).

I can also speak a little bit of Spanish, and I'm also learning Korean (because I work with Koreans in a Japanese shop so I kind of have no choice, not that it's a bad thing).

I can speak spanish and french, i plan on learning japanese and italian later on. I could've taken japanese in high school but i wanted to learn another language first before it. I still need to work on my french, seeing as how i was only in french 1.

I speak English and Dutch fluently, French nearly fluently and i have notions from the German language due to 2 years of it at school.

Unlike others here, I don't think that knowing the basics and having some notions are enough to to say I speak a certain language. So I voted 3.

Learned Dutch and a local dialect at home and English, German, French en Latin (although I never really put much effort in it, so it doesn't really count) in school. Since nobody bothers to learn Dutch, we have to learn a lot of other languages in school.

I speak English and Spanish (not fluent in Spanish yet, though). Off hand, I do know several obscenities in multiple languages, but I don't think that counts. :P

I can only speak English fluently at an advanced level, but I'm very much comfortable with using Japanese at an intermediate level. (Basically, I can yatter on about anything but 'complex' subjects in Japanese quite comfortably. English? Well. I'm native.)

I can only speak English. I have taken classes in Spanish and German yet I have trouble remembering it all.

Now I want to go ahead and speak in Italian. But I only through translators and such...

Help :sad:

Just thought I'd bring this up again:

I thought it would be cool to make a poll about this, simply state the languages you speak FLUENTLY, if you know a word in japanese that doesnt count, and neither does l337 speak :P. If you know for example "some french" that counts if you can have a conversation with somebody in that language, and please answer honestly XD. Don't be embarrassed or shy if you only know 1 language =). Oh and Al Bhed doesn't count either!!

I've just noticed that a few people are going off track and mentioning that they know a word or two in another language.

This thread is about what languages you can speak fluently. Not what languages you can sort of speak.

Thanks. =)

I speak two languages, swedish and english.

Swedish being my first language and then we're taught english in school from the third grade up. Which I'm thankful for, as swedish is not spoken in that many places haha. :P

Well as of now just English, but I want to learn Japaneses so I don't have to read subtitles in Anime. Plus being in the millitary there are a few I want to learn as the US goverment (military) will pay me more for knowing them.

Erkkkk
Bengali is my first language, then English, and French, and I know a bit of Japanese :P

DX On the poll I chose 3!!! I meant 4 :)

I can speak some Urdu and a lot of English. I'm not as fluent as urdu as I'd like to be, but I also don't really like speaking Urdu at home because I like to spite my parents so...

I can speak enough in all of the following to have a conversation and to figure out how to learn the next word/sentence to say it correctly.

English
American Sign Language
Japanese
Russian
Italian
Spanish

Currently studying Greek.

I absolutely refuse to learn any of the sub-groups or variations of Chinese.

Back