How Long Does It Take You To Make A Signature?

Technically, I take 45 minutes-one hour to finish a signature/general graphics (not wallpaper or avatars). But I'm a perfectionist, so it prolly takes me 1-2 hours.

If the stock/render is shit, then 3-4 hours :wacky:. However, if i just adore the picture I'm using or was given, then it'll take me less than an hour to get a baseline of what I want, but a good 2-4 hours to get it just right. I like to think of myself as a perfectionist(just like Susie said). If the graphic isn't perfect, then it's not good at all. To me, getting each aspect of a tag/avvy/wallpaper/etc to the right balance, takes time, and lots of it, at that.

...Are you guys serious?

The longest I've ever worked on a tag was an hour, and this was only because I stopped in between because Photoshop fucked up....

My tags usually take less than 30 minutes, if not 20. That's like the max of my time working on it. I've never worked on a tag longer than an hour, and I honestly wouldn't have the patience for it...

To be honest, I can't really... understand how it can take that long...? :wacky: Three hours on one tag? Really? :gasp:

...Are you guys serious?

The longest I've ever worked on a tag was an hour, and this was only because I stopped in between because Photoshop fucked up....

My tags usually take less than 30 minutes, if not 20. That's like the max of my time working on it. I've never worked on a tag longer than an hour, and I honestly wouldn't have the patience for it...

To be honest, I can't really... understand how it can take that long...? :wacky: Three hours on one tag? Really? :gasp:

The main reason I, and along with everyone else, work on a tag for so long is because we want to make it no half-assed crap that are lower than what we are capable. And yes, I'm speaking for those of us who work on a single piece for more then an hour. It might be time well wasted, but it's also the feeling of achievement after finishing it.

And, yes---really :P

Up to an hour is probably close enough for me. I spend a lot of time just playing around with the brushes and the lighting whenever I'm making anything. Being a constant perfectionist, I spend even more time just trying to get things to look right and the way I want it to be (usually with little success, which is a little irritating. xD). It was only when I was relatively new to the program not long ago that I would take up to 2 hrs to figure things out and put something together.

shit my sigs take a shitload of time..sometimes im at it for like 3-4 hours ,,time seems to pass by instantly when im busy.. :P

I also smoke sigs so that will take some time off me creation...

Making sigs is awesome..Im a novice with GIMP but I dont give a shizzle about PS
I dont need PS to make sigs :mokken:

also Taste differences..some people think they are so ace with making sigs when they are actually not that spectaculair...

Mine normally take about an hour for me to do if I work on it straight through. I never do the same thing twice and I always try something new in each sig so it normally takes me a little longer until I get it right. If it's something that I've gotten the hang of it only takes me about 45min to an hour to actually do. Otherwise if it's something I just can't get the hang on it takes me about 3-4 hours. It really depends on the stock or render that I use to. Really makes it easier for me to work with.

The main reason I, and along with everyone else, work on a tag for so long is because we want to make it no half-assed crap that are lower than what we are capable. And yes, I'm speaking for those of us who work on a single piece for more then an hour. It might be time well wasted, but it's also the feeling of achievement after finishing it.

And, yes---really :P

.... :sad3: Not sure if you're calling my work shit... I'd say it's at least decent, and I don't spend more than 45 minutes on it?

I'm just surprised people actually take 3 to 4 hours to make one signature. :gasp: That's... a lot of time. :gasp:

I take at least 45 min. to finish mine, but if it's a request from someone, it takes an hour because I have difficult time imagining what that person wants and I don't want to screw up their request. Also, I have this habit where I like to take a good stare(LOL!) at my sigs to make sure everything looks A-OK. XD

.... Not sure if you're calling my work shit... I'd say it's at least decent, and I don't spend more than 45 minutes on it?

Oh no not at all! o_O, don't know what gave you that idea. I was implying that, some people choose to work on their work for more then the "less than an hour" timeframe. THat was no way, and never was intended, to be directed at your skill level. If anything, I envy your skill with Photoshop :3.

Things have changed, I suppose. I like to put a bit more "detail" and "focus" into my signatures now. A general signature usually takes me anywhere from 20-60 minutes. Not have made anything in less than 20 minutes anymore, but I've yet to make something that takes me longer than an hour. Granted this is the generalization, depending on if I have to render the image myself etc, it would obviously take longer. :lew:

But yeah, 20-60 minutes for me. IF I can work on it continuously. :D

lol Six Necroposted but tis a decent question from 5 years ago.

I normally take 15-50 minutes depending on how hard the theme is and how long it takes me to see a concept for a render I have, normally it'll only take 15 to get a idea and get it done the way I want but if its a SOTW theme or some kinda competition I take my time and try to work one out in a 30-40 minute timeframe

I allow thread revival in the graphics section! :ahmed:

15 minutes, oh dear... I couldn't do that anymore. I'm way too picky, the font alone (probably cause I have too many ((nonsense, you can never have to many fonts!)) takes me about 10 minutes. :lew: I love my text though, so I really put work into that.

Probably should've mentioned the same, I like to take my time for most my SOTW entries. I've been guilty of submitting an entry way too often back in the day, just to have an entry in, and I just refuse to do that anymore. I'm either "satisfied" enough with my work, or I don't submit it. :lew:

the only reason it takes me around 15 minutes normally on normal stuff cause everything falls into place when my instincts kick in o_o I only really ever take longer when I'm choosing font and trying to blending everything into it properly

My gods, I feel like such a granny here; it normally take me 2-4 hours to make a piece (even 20 hours once!). I play around with concept a whole lot before deciding on what I actually want to do. Is this piece going to contain transparency, if so what shapes or motifs will I use? Will this piece be a composite PNG style or more of a standard horizontal kind? It normally takes me a good few attempts before I'm OK with the general appearance of the graphic.

After that it's all down to trial and error; lots and lots of error. Sometimes I've even scrapped pieces entirely after three (or more) hours of work because it just won't come together properly. I don't have any real routine or approach to how I make my graphics, so each time it means I'm trying to do something new. It isn't very efficient and it can be really frustrating not having a method to the madness, but it helps add to my general style I think, as I learn and try new things...jury is still out on that one.

I usually spend about a hour messing around with themes/effects until I find something that I like and build up on it from there.. usually no more then 2 hours.. though with ones intended to also be of a high enough quality to be desktop backgrounds I may spend 3 hours and tweak minor details that will be visable when taking up more of the screen

Currently it takes me around 1 hour, it used to take me around 30 minutes of tinkering before I ended up with something I liked but since I've gotten rusty it takes about a hour to get everything right enough for me to consider it as complete

I'm... really not sure. I get distracted lots and don't really work non-stop. I wouldn't say more than an hour in total. Sometimes I'll sit down and try to emulate some different guides or distinct styles with usually terrible results and that'll take longer, but that's more for learning.

The most time consuming thing for me is trying to find the actual renders I wanna use. Often I just can't think of anything o.o

*Casts Life*

I wonder how long it actually does take me. At least an hour for sure, but I definitely go beyond that into the 2-3 hour territory, maybe more? I realize Galadin posted back in 2015 but honestly that's how I feel about my process too, it just depends on the trial & error of the piece. Sometimes things come together quickly and sometimes things just don't at all and you scrap it entirely. I have a few things sitting 'unfinished' because I have no idea if it's even worth salvaging or not.

I generally don't sit down with a signature from start to finish in one sitting anymore. It happens but my time isn't always that readily available, or I get discouraged and just need some time away for a while. That makes it difficult to gauge how much time I'm actually spending on a signature, but I definitely try and make things easier for myself and start off with a blank template that has some borders & canvas setup. The process of creation is always sporadic and subject to a lot of factors, such as subject, concept (from others) and text, and things aren't necessarily always cookie-cutter for me, but that's just how it be sometimes :lew:

I... can't imagine only spending 30 minutes or less on a signature. Lol :lew: But if I had to guess I'd say that I average an hour & a half.

Back