Girls on online games.

There is nothing wrong with a girl who wants to kill online. My mom used to be in a clan, back when Team Fortress Classic was popular. I'm not gonna tell a girl she can't play online just because she's a girl. It would be like me telling a dude he can't play volleyball because he's a dude.

They don't use their mic to reveal that they are girls when they speak and just play, as opposed to a lot of males who always annoyingly hog the mic and shout abuse and random stuff down it :wacky:.

My question is, how often have you seen girls play online games?

Well that is true but why would you pretend ta be a guy is my question?? XDD. I know that there isnt as many online girl gamers as there is guys but we're there XD. I usually don't use a mic mainly because like you said the guys tend to be loud and im quiet so... theres really no point. I don't need to prove anything to guys you either believe i'm a girl online gamer or not I honestly don't give a rat's ass >_> Well to those that question it.

And to the other part, I don't see too many well not that I know of. A lot of guys always message me saying 'are you really a girl?' like seriously? just because I play MW2 and other shootingish type games means that I have to be a guy? I think guys should respect that there is girl online gamers or girl gamers in general because soon enough one day i'm sure we will catch up.[ at least will be more common] Slowly but steadily.
I'm pretty clear about me.. being a girl just from my PSN name XD not too hard to figure out. And it's not like i'm the good at MW2 etc so it shouldn't be that damn hard to find out XD.
But I say to those that do play are just awesome x] it shows that we ain't scared of you guys and that we're just as good. =P GIRL POWER! xP

I met one chick from Massachusetts online. It was on UNO though, so it's not like Halo where they'll be rampaged with billions of horny guys.

I actually know a girl in real life that plays Xbox, although I don't have her gamertag now that I think about it...

Girls playing online video games? Maybe in some sort of mythical amazon FPS land, but it sure as hell doesn't happen in the reality I've been living in. Of course, there's the occasional gamer chick that's been dragged down by a server admin to prove that his player base cares about sexual diversity, but they hardly know how to compete at the game and generally stop showing up within a few days. Frankly there could be plenty of "secret girl gamers" that are incredible at video games and pretend to be guys online, but if they're that ashamed to have gaming skills then I hardly have to consider them a threat when it comes to open online tournaments or gaining status within a gaming community. Find me a girl who can beat me at Tony Hawk, Starcraft or Counter Strike, and maybe we'll talk, but until then I just have to assume they're busy playing crappy medieval online RPGs and Farmville clones online.

Girls playing online is not really that rare. In my experience,I usually see at least one girl playing whatever game I am playing before I finish my gaming session for the day. About a quarter of my Xbox Live friends are girls. Although from what I've seen they are most common in casual games, there are still a good amount playing hardcore games as well.
I guess the luck in finding them varies with certain people.

I don't at all mind girls playing online. Hell, it's cool that you see girls playing online today.

As for knowing if they are girls online (besides Home), I do see them playing MGO.
I can honestly tell since if you want to make a character, you have to make sure you use that one, because you have to purchase (with real money) more slots for other characters you want. So, if you make a girl character, and you're a guy, you're gonna be out a few bucks correcting that mistake, or just looking like an idiot who wasted their only free slot using the wrong gender...unless they're just trying to get WTF faces on purpose, which I'm pretty sure they're not.

So yeah, it's nice to see more girls online these days who don't mind revealing that they are girls. Hey, not EVERY guy online is one that goes "OMFG A GIRL!?" everytime they see one. XD

It's like what you said. Guys are a lot more vocal online while girls just kinda sit back and kick ass quietly. I have seen some girls on online games, just not THAT often.

Although, I don't play that much anymore. I use to when I was younger, but now I don't have time. My little brother says he never sees girls on Halo 3 but on Call of Duty and Rock Band he says he sees 'em all the time. So I guess the games vary.

Actually most girl gamers I know are actually rather good and in some cases better at games than guys, Take for instance back in Anarchy online one of the best soldiers on the server was a Girl Gamer, a lot of people made the mistake of underestimating her at first thinking the common "girls arent good at videogames" only to find themselves beat six ways from sunday.

It's a known fact that girls have a better attention span than guys so if it came to a leveling grind, a girl gamer would usually be in the lead and the guy would likely get bored or distracted more often.

I met some through online games, etc. Really wish i didn't though, some were annoying, bitches, etc etc etc.

I try to avoid them as much a as possible, it was unheard of before because guys are (and still do) make up most of the gamer population. Its becoming more and more common now though for girls playing games, rather they be online or not.

I did a social experiment on both Halo 3 and CoD MW2

i changed my gender on Halo to a female, Changed my clan tag on MW2 to Girl (oddly enough i had the gayest Tiltle and badge on before hand xD)and changed my Avatar to a girl.

i got 53 messages all saying on the lines on "you k?" and 47 friend requests all from pervs >.>

but of corse guys we all know girls dont exist on the interwebs...wait what?!?

i hardly ever seen or heard about gamer girls,and probably never seen any of them online,some exist online though.But its strange when i see some,they happen to not be girls but mothers instead,i could tell by the bio,it usually says this shit "im married and have 2 kids,i love my husband so much" and also this "my husband loves me so much im happily married so dont even bother friend requesting me cuz i will decline".I dont wanna be friends with a mother!

I think i remember some of their gamertags by hard.Now thats just showing off.

In my original post I had stated that me and a few others from here were joking that real girls on PS Home do not exist, and that led me to ask how rare it is to see girls on games in general as I hadn't had the experience of that in a while.

Now I have played with some girls online, so I am more aware that they do play even the same kind of game that I play (well, at least UC2 :D), but they don't hog the mic as much as some of the boys do. I can understand why some feel the need to be more private with some of the crazy boys out there that will message them constantly for all sorts of reasons, unless she blocks them etc.

So yeah, I've played games with quite a few girls on online games now. They're pretty good at them too. It's great to see online games of that nature reaching out to them as well.

That said I've so far only played with girls who revealed themselves to be a girl through partying up with friends and adding each other as friends and knowing each other beforehand. Partying to a massive degree (or any degree at all) is something I hadn't done on my PS3 until a few weeks ago as none of my online friends were really that interested in me to want to play a game with me.

So I guess that might explain why I hadn't encountered girls before.. Firstly while playing on my own I didn't ask anyone what their gender was (there is little point in it, and it doesn't matter), and secondly I don't really meet people easily while blasting their faces off. So knowing people beforehand and forming a party with friends is really the only time I'll actually know who the people I'm playing with are, and hence if girls are involved in that party then I am aware that they are girls and don't question this as I know it to be true for a fact.

I don't know if this counts, but I ran into a bunch of six year olds while playing
Gears of War, I put on my headset on to play and I'm walking around and all I hear is how do you shoot, how do you throw a grenade, it was some funny crap, couldn't tell if they were girls or boys though they all had high pitched voices :gasp:

I don't reveal I'm a girl because online guys really do discriminate. I kicked a bunch of guys asses on R2-- and then they asked me to join a clan. After finding out I was female they started abusing me and insisting I only kicked their asses due to fluke.

A similar experience when talking to someone on the PSN about just beating Penance for the 15th time. I'm told I'm a good gamer until they realize I'm a girl- then apparently I'm crap and do everything via fluke. :/

Guys are encouraged more than girls to like video games-- add this to how girls are treated in the gaming world-- hence the lack of us.

But most of us are hiding :) There are A LOT more than you'd think.

If women prefer to think it's some sort of achievement to outplay a guy in any type of game, then she herself is discriminating female gamers.

I've a female Canadian friend who owns at Halo. Considering she never did stay consistent with it and could still own people who played it everyday is saying something.

Back