Final Fantasy VII Remake: Thoughts, Opinions and Ideas!

One of the things that I want to see in the remake is an online Chocobo Race. I think this will give this mini game more activity than just racing against the computer. I think this is a great idea to add in to the remake to make the game different than the original version. It should also have prices for winning the races as well have different difficulties to make this mini game more challenging and enjoyful at the same time.

Another thing that I would like to see in the remake is the official Final Fantasy card game. This should also be in the remake as a new mini game since it will be a new card game for players to experience with. This too should be played online to play against players around the world and obtain new cards to add to your deck by defeating your opponent or by trading cards with them.

Square Enix missed the window of opportunity for their "20th anniversary" release. Come to think of it we haven't seen anything new for a full year, must be suffering a few setbacks for part 1. Oh well, there's always next year, right? Right?

So after reading this I have mixed feelings.

From CNET:

"I don't want the remake to end as something solely nostalgic. I want to get the fans of the original version excited," Kitase said to Dengaki, again translated by Gematsu. "We'll be making adjustments to the story with this thought in mind."

Nomura added to this, enigmatically saying, "I hope that [fans of the original] can be surprised once again."

While I want them to close some of the loop holes that have been driving folks nuts for years, I do also want them to keep a lot of the same story line. More or less, there are just way to many character(s) to dive into to accomplish the gaps. I think for the most part though, if they do try to cover at least "Cloud's" backstory and close that out, then I'd be a little happier.

I'm not interested to see Genesis or other clones come back. It will just muddle the already confusing waters.

Square Enix missed the window of opportunity for their "20th anniversary" release. Come to think of it we haven't seen anything new for a full year, must be suffering a few setbacks for part 1. Oh well, there's always next year, right? Right?

I was actually thinking about this not too long ago. We haven't heard anything in quite awhile since they released that video teaser. THIS is the exact reason why I hate the idea of it being released in 'parts'. I hate it with a passion. I'd much rather it take way longer to come out as a complete product, vs having parts being released as a DLC. I'm really scared this is going to be a fucking nightmare.

So after reading this I have mixed feelings.

From CNET:

While I want them to close some of the loop holes that have been driving folks nuts for years, I do also want them to keep a lot of the same story line. More or less, there are just way to many character(s) to dive into to accomplish the gaps. I think for the most part though, if they do try to cover at least "Cloud's" backstory and close that out, then I'd be a little happier.

I'm not interested to see Genesis or other clones come back. It will just muddle the already confusing waters.

Maybe they will finally solve the LTD once and for all. Probably not though. I do think they should stick as closely as possible to the original game though. It's supposed to be a remake not a complete retelling.

I think the Final Fantasy VII remake is vapourware like the rumours have stated and that's why it was not at E3. However, Nomura recently did say that he is giving 100% to both KH3 and the remake. I dont believe him because the guy has a horrible track record. If anything we wont get Part 1 until late 2019/early 2020 at this rate.

This is the rumour in question: https://powerup-gaming.com/2018/04/26/final-fantasy-7-remake-development-delays/

1529956427105.png

I’ve been observing this Final Fantasy VII Remake Art Panels that were revealed at the Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Exhibition event and from what I’ve seen there were some surprises in them. If you look closely at the bottom left artwork is a picture of Aerith’s House. At the far back you can see Aerith standing what looks to be the kitchen. Here is a close look of the picture. This might mean that she might be reveal at the next trailer.

Another picture that caught my attention was inside the Shinra building. In this picture you can see President Shinra in his chair and a member of the Turks standing.

1529956694322.png

In this last picture is what I think is where you fight the Sewer Boss.

1529956759390.png

Last edited:
After the recent trainwreck regarding Final Fantasy XV's DLC cancellation, do you think it is wise to continue with this Remake? S-E have taken it back in house, but I gather not much work is happening prior to the release of Kingdom Hearts III. But I cannot help think that more work should be put into making Final Fantasy XVI a game that will win over the fans - After Persona 5 & Dragon Quest XI's reception, XV seems very lacking in general.

Of course, after the big E3 2015 Announcement, fans and gamers alike are wanting this but can such a project ever satisfy? I'm not so sure, I'm interested but I don't see it as a must have!

No. Not wise at all. But will Square continue to try and bring this out? Yes, because they want that FFVII Fanboy $.

My predictions where right! They do invade the Shinra building. In the previous trailer, you can see Cloud and the Avalanche team escaping after they blew up the first reactor, as well a glimpse of the boss fight in the sewer. In the last trailer, you can see Cloud and the Avalanche team heading to Midgar. This last two trailers takes place during the events of the bombing mission and ends up at the Shinra building, just as I predicted in the last post that I posted in this thread.

Final Fantasy VII Remake will be released on March 3, 2020.

My predictions where right! They do invade the Shinra building. In the previous trailer, you can see Cloud and the Avalanche team escaping after they blew up the first reactor, as well a glimpse of the boss fight in the sewer. In the last trailer, you can see Cloud and the Avalanche team heading to Midgar. This last two trailers takes place during the events of the bombing mission and ends up at the Shinra building, just as I predicted in the last post that I posted in this thread.

Final Fantasy VII Remake will be released on March 3, 2020.
Great predictions that came true! I'm so hyped for this game and it's my first ever FF game and best ever!

Great predictions that came true! I'm so hyped for this game and it's my first ever FF game and best ever!
Thanks! I'm glad that you liked the game so far. You won't be disappointed ob buying this game when it comes out. I highly recommend it! It is one of the best Final Fantasy game from the series and my personal favorite one.

I grew up playing this game and I loved everything about it. You should definitely buy this game and give it a go. Its worth the money.

Thanks! I'm glad that you liked the game so far. You won't be disappointed ob buying this game when it comes out. I highly recommend it! It is one of the best Final Fantasy game from the series and my personal favorite one.

I grew up playing this game and I loved everything about it. You should definitely buy this game and give it a go. Its worth the money.
Woops i meant to say it's the very first FF game i ever played and the very best! I played it as a kid and i have some experience with FF since than but i appreciate it for recommending it to me for thinking i'm new to the game and you introduced it very well 😂

I'm not worried about Square messing up the story, for a very simple reason: Final Fantasy XIV.

For those who aren't aware; Final Fantasy XIV 1.0 was an MMO, and was an unmitigated disaster. It was a garbage game, the press slaughtered it, people hated it... You get the picture. Square realised they needed to do something if they wanted to save Final Fantasy as a brand because having a main series (numbered) FF game be considered one of the worst MMOs ever made would have caused untold damage.

They hired a new director / producer, Naomi Yoshida (A.K.A. Yoshi-P) and took a right gamble; they split their team, half focusing on keeping 1.x alive by patching it, and half focusing on remaking the game. Creating a brand new MMO usually takes five years, the team did it in two. If you're interested in a documentary about this, here's a great one: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-THgg8QnvU4EnxPlYmHiYqWoTsHQAYcw

FFXIV is now the second-most popular MMO in the world, second only to World of Warcraft, and is growing every month. Critically acclaimed and holder of multiple Guinness World Records to boot.

The point of this history lesson is the fact that if Square was willing to spend millions of dollars, gambling with their entire company's future, just to salvage FFXIV, then there's no way in a million years they would half-ass the FF7 Remake. I fully believe that if they mess this up and deliver a game that gets critically panned, then Square may very well go out of business.

If they succeed with this, they will have all of the world's money reserves in their bank account. If they fail, a lot of people are going to ask themselves some very hard questions when it comes to whether they will ever buy another Square game ever again.

No CEO would take such a huge gamble if they were not infinity % sure that this was going to work.

I was just thinking in regards to progressing to other parts, do you think it will be Level Capped? Like how in MMO's like Destiny whenever they release an expansion, they up the Level cap. For an FF example, think of how XIII expanded the Crystarium every chapter.

I just think if players are left hanging waiting for the next Part to the Remake, they'll probably reach level 99 if possible :P

I'm still curious to how they're going to end Part One, I don't think Motor Ball will cut it as the final Boss of the game... - I'd love a Post Game Boss Encounter with a Spirit of Sephiroth similar to Kingdom Hearts but then I wouldn't want that to ruin the momentum of what's to come...

This may sound a bit crazy...
But what would be a lot of fun, after the episodes are out, would be a bonus dungeon.

Within the dungeon, all playable characters in the game as well as just as many that aren't playable in the main game (Zack, Avalance, the Turks, Sephiroth, Rufus) could be used. Obviously the battle systems for all the non-playable characters would have to be created, but the template would already have been laid out by the main game and then they could be given abilities inspired by various classes throughout the franchise. But as the models and voice work and animations would mostly have been created, more than half the work would have been done.

And Cloud would be an optional character, so any 3 characters could be used together instead of always being forced to use Cloud and two additional characters.

All of the enemies from the game and likely some recolored stronger versions of those monsters and maybe even ones that ultimately got cut from the main-- they would all appear. All of the environments would created from game assets and as you descend deeper and deeper, the battles get harder and harder.
On the bottom level would be unique final bosses where beating them would either take a ton of luck and/or the correct combination of 3 characters with the correctly chosen material and equipment and some luck.

The "story" for the bonus dungeon would be minimal, but maybe each character would have a few unique lines for when they clear a level.

Anyway, it could be a fairly low-effort bonus game to satisfy everyone who ever said "But I want to play as ________"

Yes, you can take on final Sephiroth with Aerith, Biggs and Reno. In fact, you can take on final Sephiroth with Sephiroth if you like.

I don't think there will be anything as outlandish as non-canon playable characters for a dungeon, but I do think there will be a post-game dungeon to keep players busy before the next part is released. Something similar to the Omega Ruins in X, which has top level enemies for this Part, then when Part 2 comes out the Level cap will be increased - Which would make for a very engaging 2nd part, maybe if you don't train up as much in Part 1 you may struggle with Part 2 :P

Back