FFX-2 [FFX-2 Week] Fanmade Dressphere Showcase

Which one is your favourite dressphere entry?

• Entry 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Entry 2

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Entry 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Entry 4

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

C i d

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
It's time to showcase the fanmade dresspheres by our clan members! Non clan members are also allowed to vote! We need support from you all!

You don't have to post for the vote to count, but we encourage everyone to give constructive criticism, comments and feedback.

Here are the entries that I have received:

Entry#1
The Ninja Dressphere!

Appearence: The Ninja dons the user with ninja abilities and clothes. While having the traditional dark clothes they vary from person to person, some get blackish and some get the white or even the golden colours. Depending on the gender of the user it also gives them different types, girls have a skirt while males have pants.

Commands: Attack, Ninjutsu, Backstab, Item

Abilities: The abilities vary and are most elemental attacks depending on your Strength and Agility instead of your Intellect. They all cost MP to use and some of the abilities are passive.
Flame Wave
Water Dragon
Earth Roar
Thunder Rage
Thundering Water (Both Thunder and Water elemental)
Exploding Ground (Fire and Earth elemental)
Red Lightning (Thunder and Fire)
Mudfall (Water and Earth)

Passive - Swiftness (Gives 5% dodge), Exposure (100% critical chance on enemies with 10% or less life), Stealth (allows the user to attack first in battle), Elemental Rage (boosts the power of your Ninjutsu skills), From Behind (When using Backstab in the beginning of the battle, grants 25% more damage on it)

Cant figure out more abilities, hope it is good =)

Entry#2
Ranger Dressphere

1. Appearance

The Ranger dons a lightweight armor made out of cotton cloth. The outfit consists of a stylish pointy hat, a decorative short-sleeved tunic, a majestically designed cape to resemble the sun's rays, a pair of leather gloves and boots, and a loose-fitting skirt to ensure flexibility during battle. There are three different tunic designs. Yuna's tunic bears the sun symbol, Rikku's tunic bears the star symbol, and Paine's tunic bears the crescent moon symbol. The rough leather material of the gloves protects the Ranger's hands as she draws arrows from her quiver and positions them with her bow. The hat and boots are adorned with angel-like wings created from tufts of eagle feathers in order to symbolize the Ranger's swift yet graceful movements during battle.

The Ranger maintains a long-range mode of attack, utilizing a powerful and sturdy bow and an unlimited ammunition of arrows. Although the Ranger's arrows may not inflict a massive amount of damage within a single attack, the Ranger's gift of agility and the accuracy in which the arrows are shot overcompensates for this slight deficit in strength.

Ranger Sketches
Frontal View
2nvuown.jpg

Back View
zbci.jpg

Tunic Designs
jpeki8.jpg

Boots
2m5e92b.jpg

Bow & Arrows
2ch9sfq.jpg

2. Commands

Attack
Focus
Arrow Barrage
Archery Arts
Item

3. Abilities

AbilityAPMPDescriptionPrerequisite
AttackInitialN/AAttack one target.-
Arrow BarrageInitialN/AAttack multiple targets simultaneously by rapidly pressing R1.-
FocusInitialN/AIncreases the accuracy of hits for the next 4 turns.-
Critical Focus204Increases the chance of critical hits for the next 4 turns.-
Power Shot308Attack one target's HP with a critical hit.-
Magic Shot308Attack and reduce one target's MP.-
Poison Arrow408Attack one target while causing Poison effect.-
Confusion Arrow408Attack one target while causing Confusion effect.-
Petrify Arrow408Attack one target while causing Petrify effect.-
Doom Arrow508Attack one target while causing Doom effect.-
Death Arrow8018Attack one target with a chance of instant K.ODoom Arrow
Holy Shot12030Inflicts heavy Holy damage on multiple targets.Death Arrow
Fire Shot6012Inflicts Fire damage on one target.-
Blizzard Shot6012Inflicts Ice damage on one target.-
Thunder Shot6012Inflicts Thunder damage on one target.-
Water Shot6012Inflicts Water damage on one target.-
Fira Barrage8018Inflicts massive Fire damage on multiple targets.Fire Shot
Blizzara Barrage8018Inflicts massive Ice damage on multiple targets.Blizzard Shot
Thundara Barrage8018Inflicts massive Thunder damage on multiple targets.Thunder Shot
Watera Barrage8018Inflicts massive Water damage on multiple targets.Water Shot

Entry#3
Sentinel Dressphere

1. Appearance
The Sentinels don silver cuirasses. They wield a huge round shield for protection. Their knight sword is wider than usual, and is mostly used for defending. As a closed helmet covers their head, only the eyes are visible. However, their hairs are let out of the helmets.
The Sentinels have excellent HP, magic defense and defense, but mediocre strength and agility, and weak magic and MP. Most of their attacks are defensive, using moves to protect self and other members from both magical and physical damages. They also utilize counterattacks and life-saving defensive abilities.

2. Commands
Defender – See below
Guard duty – Access to most sentinel abilities (see below)
Ultimate Guard – See below
Deathward – See below
Item

3. Abilities

Command abilities
Dmys8.png

Auto Abilities
VOp93.png

4. Additional description (obviously FAKE):
This is an optional dressphere in the PS3 FFX-2 remaster. If you have an FFXIII clear save file, you will gain this dressphere automatically. As the dressphere is from the FFXIII world, many ability names are similar to those in FFXIII. A special trait of the dressphere is, only one sentinel is allowed at any time during a battle.

Entry#4
Tamer - Basic Description: Equipped with an enchanted musical instrument, the wearer is able to tame fiends which appear the current map. These fiends will fight for your party, dealing damage equivalent to their strength on the field. However, the effect is only temporary and fiends may spin out of control, entering a 'Berserk' status. In order to combat this, Tamers wear a stopwatch around their necks. This watch will count down the seconds as fiends draw closer to the 'Berserk' status. It is recommended that Tamers release the fiend before this occurs.

List of commands:
Play - the Tamer begins to play a piece on their instrument and thus calls a fiend.
Attack - the Tamer and fiend attack together.
Bait - the Tamer may choose to use bait to keep the fiend satisfied. However, this only works with certain fiends; keeping in time with the music is far more effective.
Release - the fiend is released.

Important information: using the Tamer dressphere requires some skill from the player. A list of commands will appear on the screen and buttons must be pressed in time to a piece of music. If the gamer does not press these buttons at the correct point or selects the wrong button, the fiend becomes unstable and may edge towards 'Berkserk' mode. The more powerful the fiend, the more complex the sequence of commands, the greater the risk.

Abilities/Modes:

Running Rings - the Tamer and fiend run rings around the enemy, causing confusion and possibly sending them to sleep. 0MP. 30AP.
Fiend's Bane - The fiend will perform its most powerful attack from on the field. 15MP. 25AP.
Ditto - the Tamer and the fiend will perform the fiend's most powerful attack together. The Tamer must have seen this fiend's most powerful attack in order to learn/use this. 10MP. 50AP.
Critical Thrash - the Tamer and fiend combine all of their strength, performing a series of attacks in unison. The fiend disappears afterwards, too worn out to continue fighting. 0MP. 55AP.
Call of the Wild - Certain fiends are able to call more of their own kind for a special attack. The fiend will remain on the battlefield alone after this attack as its companions disappear, unaffected by the Tamer. 0MP. 65AP.
Reversal - for those who have failed to input commands, this comes in handy. Fiends which are on the edge of 'Berserk' mode will be called back - the time limit on the stopwatch returns to its original setting. 35MP. 35AP.
Hard Sacrifice - Fiends on the verge of 'Berkserk' mode can be sacrificed to restore Health to the Tamer. However, this fiend cannot be tamed again until the player has passed through 40 more battles.
Wild Thunder - only available if the fiend is a lightning/thunder type. The fiend and Tamer combine their Magic to create a powerful Thunder attack. Lightning falls from the sky, surrounding the enemy before moving inwards to strike them. 40MP. 15AP.
Volcanic Flare - only available if the fiend is a fire type. The fiend and Tamer combine their Magic to create a powerful rush of fire which engulfs the enemy. 40MP. 15AP.
Cold as Ice - only available if the fiend is an ice type. The fiend and Tamer combine their Magic to create an avalanche. 40MP. 15AP.
Titanous Earthquake - only available if the fiend is an earth type. The fiend and Tamer combine their Magic to create an Earthquake. This causes a crack in the ground which may engulf the enemy, plunging them into oblivion. 40MP. 15AP.
Aqua Deluge- only available if the fiend is a water type. The Tamer and fiend combine their Magic to create a giant whirlpool in the air which then falls upon the enemy, thrashing them with any debris caught from the surroundings in the whirlpool. 40MP. 15AP.

Solidarity (mode): this mode is enabled when all three characters wear the sphere. In solidarity mode, the team may choose to use 'Assault,' commanding their three fiends to assault the enemy. 0MP, 25AP
The team are also able to use the special attack 'From Distant Lands.' They summon a more powerful fiend from another area on the world map. This fiend is harder to control, as it requires to player to input commands more quickly, keeping in time with three instruments. 35MP, 50AP each.

Image and aesthetic details:
Dressphere.jpg

A stopwatch is worn around the neck so that the Tamer may keep track of how long they may maintain control of a fiend.
Tamers wear short tops to aid movement. One sleeve is long as a token to Yuna's summoner's outfit.
In order to keep their legs protected, Tamers wear leggings made of Mythril.
Tamers wear sturdy hunter boots with fur around the tops.
A belt is also worn from which hangs a pouch with food and herbs for fiends. Tamers may also hang their instrument from the back.

-Voting ends in 7 days
-Please do not vote for your own entries

All of them are awesome ideas for dresspheres. It was very hard to chose just one since I actually liked all of them. Good luck to those who entered!

I chose one that I found the best.
I admit, my idea wasnt that great and written but it still was good =P

It was hard. They are all really good ideas.

I like the Sentinel idea for being like the parties shield and taking all the damage while the other fight. I didn't vote for it because I don't usually play that way, I like to have everyone generally equal as far as attacking is concerned.

The tamer sounded good too, a lot like the trainer dressphere just without having a constant companion but being able to change it up for different situations.

The ninja sounded awesome :D I do love ninja's and was very much wanting to vote for it, the only reason I didn't was because there was just too little information about it - what is backstab, it sounds really interesting, is it hitting your own team members for some form of reward or hitting enemies in the back? Are the ninjutsu just the abilities or some form of special abilities like blue magic? I just would have liked more about it.

So I went with the ranger :) Because I do like bows and arrows and there's nothing like that in ffX-2. The description is huge and really detailed as well and there was nothing I didn't like about it, I almost wish there actually was a dressphere like this :( I would totally have used it a lot.

They were all very good though and it was a hard choice! Well done everyone :D

Xx..xX

Last edited:
as a game designer, i'm not just looking at this in a 'oh this is kool' view but also how well it designed, and for me number 2 (ranger) gets my vote, not only this is a pretty cool idea but also it felt it had the most complete design, with drawings of the front, side and back view of the cosumes, to concept art of the arrows, to even symbol concept for each of the three main characters, the ability list was in full and amazing detail as well, so for that number 2 gets my vote, great job

loving the drawing of yuna on number 4 as well :lew: looks pretty cool

I was very excited to see what sorts of dressphere ideas people would come up with and I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised~! Great job on the awesome ideas! :ari:
I think they are all very practical and I could definitely imagine them being integrated into the game. I'm actually having a very difficult time voting... :gonk:
Good luck to everyone! :lew:

#1: Imagdreon - 0 votes
#2: Chanteru - 4 votes
#3: Uncle Ulty - 0 vote
#4: Lirael - 3 votes

Congrats to Chanteru! You are awarded with 3 points. Lirael also gets 2 points, and Imagdreon and myself gets 1 point each.

Adding up the above, OL gets 2 points, SW gets 5 points!

Thanks all for participating and voting!

I will not archive this thread, so future members can view those great fanmade dresspheres!

*Title modified, and moved to FFX-2*

Back