FFVII Remake Intergrade announced for PS5 - visually enhanced & with new Yuffie episode

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 22.43.45.png

She's here and she's ready to steal your hard-earned Materia come 10 June.

Announced at Sony's digital State of Play stream, a PlayStation 5 version of last year's Final Fantasy VII will bring to the table a myriad of visual and lighting upgrades, reduced loading times, an expanded photo mode and - of course - playable Yuffie in her own episode.

[NOTE: The Yuffie DLC is an intrinsic part of the Intergrade package, which means it will ONLY be available for PS5 players.]

People already familiar with the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII will no doubt have noticed in the trailer a certain mysterious organisation and shirtless antagonist showing up at the end there. A certain Weiss the Immaculate from Dirge of Cerberus. What could this mean for the Remake?

For a rundown on visual upgrades, consult the following trailer detailing PS5 upgrades. There is particular emphasis on shorter loading times, improved textures, enhanced lighting and substantially elevated fog effects.

For those of you who already own the PlayStation 4 version of the game, the upgrade to the PlayStation 5 version will be for free, along with your retained save data. The new Yuffie episode will however, have to be purchased.

sYeTQdn.png

To help further clarify how this new Intergrade package will be sold, Square Enix provided the following in their press release:

Players, who purchased Final Fantasy VII Remake on PS4 and upgrade to PS5 can purchase the new episode featuring Yuffie as a standalone download from the PlayStation Store. Owners of the disc version of Final Fantasy VII Remake on PS4 will require a PS5 console with disc drive in order to take advantage of this digital upgrade.

Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade will be available as a physical and digital Standard Edition, and as a Digital Deluxe Edition from the PlayStation Store. The Digital Deluxe Edition of Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade comes with a digital mini soundtrack featuring songs, such as “Descendant of Shinobi,” and a digital artbook which includes concept art and character sheets. Customers who pre-order the digital Standard Edition or Digital Deluxe Edition of Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade will receive the pre-order bonus Cacstar weapon for use in the new episode featuring Yuffie.

Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade, the PS5 enhancement update, and the standalone downloadable episode featuring Yuffie will be available for the PS5 console worldwide on June 10, 2021.

Last edited:
Linnaete

Linnaete

So assuming there is a PS5 Physical Release, will that include the Yuffie DLC on disc? I'm not buying the DLC off the PS Store using my PS4 version on PS5 - Probably resulting in me buying a PS5 version near to the release of FFVVIR-2.

The trailer brought back PTSD on how bad FFVII DoC's Ending was... :x3: While I liked Crisis Core DoC story wise was a letdown.

Not sure on Yuffie's companion either, seems a little too stoic but I'll reserve judgement until I play it.

So the reason nobody noticed Yuffie was in Midgar during these scenes is because she was 'disguised' as a moogle? That's quite a Yuffie thing to do, I guess!

Who is voicing her? Do we know that yet?

I certainly was not expecting Deepground and Weiss to make an appearance in footage today. That's a surprise!

I think the notion of meeting Yuffie this way, it's a lot better intergrated than in the original - Which required you do find her in a random bush :P Also, the DLC doesn't feel intrusive to the REMAKE at all - Going back as Yuffie and seeing her side of the story seems very accessible in comparision to the FFXV's DLC which simply cutout events of the game and fed them back to you later instead of having them integrated int of the game itself.

They've also nailed Yuffies vibrant personality 100% She's energetic and goofy as ever - I love that!

Agreed on that. I love how this is a side-episode and not part of the core plot of the game itself. That's exactly what DLC should be! I'm happy to see them back on track there.

On the other hand, it is quite unfortunate that they have locked this behind the PS5. The only reason for this must be a deal they have with Sony to coax people into shelling out on a very expensive (and currently rare) brand-new console, as opposed to the one that more people have already. I can't afford a PS5 right now, so this feels like a sector plate has just been dropped on my poor heart. :sad2:

In other news, my friend Mo Gallagher has (very promptly) created this video explaining all of the lore details in the trailer. He's pretty thorough.

I'm excited to play this... but imagine non-PS5 owners really disappointed right now. Glad having dropped an excessive amount of money on a PS5 gives you the privilege of being able to buy the DLC. :hmph: I'm sure there's a lot more to it than that, but it really sucks for a lot of people right now. I'm very thankful to be in a place to be able to own a PS5 & be able to upgrade my FF7 game but my heart goes out to my fellow FF Fans who are not in a place where they can afford this right now.

Would be great if someone could stream this on the forums!

Either way, Yuffie content looks good, I agree they captured her personality very well and 😌 It just looks so beautiful.

Really looking forward to having another reason to purchase another copy of the FF7 remake, after I had the First Class edition for the PS4 I was thinking to myself wouldn't it be very cool to have a First class like Collectors edition for every part they release. pricy for sure but super cool. SE has been shelving out some very high-priced items on the store lately so who knows. Will this be a trophy shared between 4 and 5?

Things like this are partly the reason why I'm waiting for PS5s to come back on the market: so that I don't have to worry about cross-platform shenanigans. Looking forward to seeing more Yuffie.

Apparently the Yuffie DLC will be called INTERmission. A pun on it being a mission set within the timeline of part one of the Remake, but also perhaps with theatrical leanings considering the language that Weiss uses (which Genesis had used in the wider compilation). Some speculate some LOVELESS references, but even if we don't get that it is curious.

We have some of the core VAs revealed!

For those who haven't seen the new trailer yet....

Very interesting to see Nero. I'm intrigued to see how they work him into the plot. Some pay-off for all the DoC references in the Remake without interfering too much with the core plot of the Remake itself.

I have mixed feelings about Fort Condor now being a board game instead of being an actual location (unless it will also appear as a real location in Part 2 or another future instalment). It makes sense when it comes to condensing the original game's narrative and avoiding distractions. It looks like it could be a fun mini-game with a similar aesthetic quality to World of Final Fantasy. But at the same time I'll miss the giant condor, the phoenix, and also how the location is yet another reflection of the game's environmental themes.

Hopefully the location proper will appear too some day.

As for Scarlet... The Proud Clod is completed much earlier than in the OG, considering that the threat of Weapon is yet to surface and it was originally an anti-Weapon weapon. I don't know if this will be the actual Proud Clod though. It could be another prototype like the Pride and Joy in part 1 of the Remake.

Also Ramuh is looking electric!

I'm excited to play this... but imagine non-PS5 owners really disappointed right now. Glad having dropped an excessive amount of money on a PS5 gives you the privilege of being able to buy the DLC. :hmph: I'm sure there's a lot more to it than that, but it really sucks for a lot of people right now. I'm very thankful to be in a place to be able to own a PS5 & be able to upgrade my FF7 game but my heart goes out to my fellow FF Fans who are not in a place where they can afford this right now.

Would be great if someone could stream this on the forums!

Either way, Yuffie content looks good, I agree they captured her personality very well and 😌 It just looks so beautiful.

Agreed.

Even as a PS5 owner, it irritates me slightly to have the DLC locked exclusively to that console - if the game had been originally developed solely for the PS5 it wouldn't be a problem, but to alienate fans that bought the game for it's original platform does not sit right with me. Either make it PS4 exclusive DLC, or both consoles.

If the DLC is never released on PS4, It wouldn't surprise me if it is an indication of a complete shift now from PS4 to PS5 for FFVIIR moving forward.

I do look forward to it though.

Reactions: Six
Back