Gil
Andre the Adamantoise
Andre the Adamantoise
Zell
FFXIV
Ilyena Frost
FFXIV Server
Lamia
If you had to pick, would you say you love the game, or hate the game? Explain the reasons why you feel this strongly about the game in this thread and share your opinions.

Please try and elaborate on your posts, as short spammy posts may be deleted without warning.

I really enjoyed Final Fantasy III and thought it was a step above the previous two installments, It was fun getting all the different vehicles and after obtaining the final airship The Invincible, which is the first time in the Final Fantasy series you can see inside a vehicle, you have a real sense of achivement. Exploring the different worlds is a lot of fun too.

Now your party don't have any character to them in the NES original, they're just a bunch of onion kids!(This is remedied in the DS remake) the other characters your party meet, especially the guest party members make up for this.

The job system is first introduced in this game and is a lot of fun, this game also marked the first appearences of summons in the Final Fantasy series, featuring regular characters Ifrit, Shiva and Titan among others.

Final Fantasy III really brought a lot to the series and bridges the gap between the the NES and SNES era.

I really liked final fantasy iii :) the job system in the game gave you change :) you was not doing the same thing all the time :) also the cloud of darkness in the game was fantastic, she was one of my faviote villans in the series

i prefer the ds version as this version gave you a better storyline and the characters had names.... not just onion knights :)

overall this was a good game :)

If someone was considering possibly getting this game, what would be its strengths & weaknesses?

Why does it seem to be the most universally ignored or reviled game in the series?

How does the game unfold? Is its progression more similar to FF1 or its successors? From what I can see, all of the bosses are just random monsters.

What about Xande &/or Cloud of Darkness would you consider interesting or boring?

I'm really intrigued with the job system that final fantasy came up with more than any other thing. The possibilities and combinations for your party and its strategy is close to endless. final fantasy tactics got me, hands down. I like final fantasy III alot, i've beaten the ds version- which was indescribably easy, but still really fun. and i haven't quite gotten ahold of the original. I really hope to soon, to see the difference in the two. The storyline was pretty decent, it was common to a lot of the other series. ^^^& i wouldn't consider it to be the most universally ignored game, it is actually pretty popular.

I liked this game. Definatly and improvement from I and II. I played the DS version.
This is the first time that you actually have a real main character. The job system was great. FF III brought us one of the best parts of the Final Fantasy world, summons!

Well...

I haven't played the NES(?) version, so I'mma go by my DS one. And it was awesome.

First thing, loved the job system, gave a bit of variety of fun rather than just roaming around, grinding, searching for treasures and the like. Sometimes getting the right combo for a boss is tricky, but if you have managed to make it 'click', the game just becomes a whole lot easier.

The boss and enemies were challenging, just the way I like it in a FF RPG. Though I have wished SE would come up with a bit more designs, not just changing the colour scheme to make it look like a new monster.

The dungeons. My, were they loaded up with treasures, particularly with the last one. Me likes.

The characters were given a lot of depth and detail, personally I would say watch all the NPC talk, because those were what developed them. They were very well explored.

Great storyline, graphics, and sound, although I haven't been listening to them much. Overall, I would recommend this to anyone who wants the traditional RPG with a bit of spice, like me. :)

I absoutely love this game especially all the hidden things like the ______ weapon and the ________ boss and of course the master black smiths _____ oh and also the ______ job (reason i put _____ is because i dont want to put any spoilers.) simple as that ;)
Also the incredible music and gameplay.
But the storyline....eh...4 warriors of light kill the bad guy world is saved...im dissapointed in the storyline :/

Now a game that has a amazing story line is FFIV just to let you know.
FFIV had me dumb struck by its storyline i cant even start to explain it without any spoilers..

Last edited:
This is the game that made me love FF. Of course I love it. Its one of the only thing that brings me joy.

I think FFIII is worth getting. I really have no qualms with it, but the difficulty ramps up pretty quickly. You can be over-leveled, and then, next thing you know, you are no where near strong enough to handle the local enemies.

Even if the game doesn't sound like it's for you, I would still recommend trying it, because you could be surprised. A game that doesn't sound like it would be good could end up being one of your favorites.

Final Fantasy III suffered from an awkward and inconvenient job system. Jobs should not be something characters have to do in a RPG, although fortunately Square Enix never made another Final Fantasy game with the job system.

Last time I checked, FFV had a job system. Or haven't you played it? It was a pretty darn good job system too. X-2 has a job system as well.

I can't say this is the best FF I've ever played, but I did enjoy III quite a bit. When I first started playing it when I first got it, I got stuck at one point. Then I switched to playing IV, and then when I beat that, I went back to playing III, and I managed to get through the part I was stuck on and go through the game. Eventually, I enjoyed it more than when I first started playing it. The design is very cute, the effects are satisfying, and the storyline itself is unique~ I've beaten it 5 times already, and I still don't get tired of playing it once in a while for the heck of it. Definitely worth buying.

I like this game cause all of the jobs that you can choose from. All the secrete missions, weapon and , a lot more stuff. I love the job system. I hope that FFIV will be even better.

Final Fantasy III for Ds

Final fantasy III was released in 2006 .
the main characters are : luneth , arc , refia , ingus .

i prefer to play ffiii over any ff game , the game is complete .... PERFECT .
it has everythings , from magic , jobs , to summonings .

this is my achievments until now :

chest opend : 42%
Enemies defeated : 332
Battle Fled : 13
Max Damage : 1220
Max hit : 8

I've decided to merge the thread with this one if you don't mind as it's essentially mainly your assessment of how and why you liked FFIII. =]

im new here so i havent noticed thats ffiii has a thread of its own , i decided to make one , good thing you moved it .
And i vote yes i love it

i loved 3 and i played the NES VERSION. It was hard as hell but i managed to get my party to level 99. The Dorga and Unne song are one of my favorite songs. And boy after playing this game i realized how 8 was a joke in difficulty.

I've only played the DS version (when I had 1). I rented it from gamefly and thought it was fun for the most part. I can't wait for the PSP port of it.

Back