FFF Member Career List

blakstang98

Paladin
Veteran
Gil
With what seems like an older crowd on FFF these days, compared to when I was last around on the forum, I figure this could be a thread that shows some of the career diversity. I was in my career when I was here years ago, but a lot of you were still students. So I'm thinking we may see some post study careers. So lets make a list to see just how diverse we are.

blakstang98 - Design Engineer

I work as a Programmer- or "Software Engineer". I implement version's of my companies product for our clients- sometimes it, infact, requires a rewrite which... annoys me.

I'm hoping to move to a product development team in another company in the next year or so- would be nice since I'm less a "mender" and more a "maker"

TL;DR: I like code.

Paddy McGee- Software Engineer

I’m a chemical engineer now and I work in the nuclear industry. That’s probably about as much as I can/should say :lew:
Thanks for making me feel super old. I was at school when I joined. And probably very obviously young, and unbearable :sad3:

Busta, same username then as is now.

Been in the United States Air Force for almost 10 years, and have been working at a Federal Prison for almost 5.

I was working in tech support when I first joined and I thank my lucky stars every day that I no longer have to do that. I now work as a web developer/salesforce admin/developer (it's a small company so I wear many hats).

I'm a backend webdev and software developer in test. I help with API gateways and also standardizing automation testing frameworks for them with mock data. More or less I'm there to up the analytical code coverage and add reuse for micro service architecture.

Before I left my job I was working as a seasonal graphic designer that worked on yearbook covers for a popular photography/yearbook company. I got to design the covers & endsheets for schools based on their requests and work them into templates for press to print. More commonly I was cleaning up kids' artworks (pencil marks, mistakes, colors etc.,) and fitting them into templates and creating a bleed. The gem schools were the ones that gave us creative freedom and would submit a sketch for us to digitally re-draw and run with.

My company I was working for got bought out last year & they decided to close our plant down, so instead of moving with the company I decided to move on and build up on my own company. I'm pleased to say that I am now the proud CEO and founder of Habitation of Obedience, Manners and Education! Right now I'm really focusing on building up our President over the department of Destruction Anger and Damage but he has a lot of responsibilities outside of the company. Our newest employee has about 2 years experience but there's a lot of training on the job to be done still so I'm not worried... yet. :hmmm:

• Haha
Reactions: Six
Im a control room technician, sounds fancier than it is lol. I help the smooth running of the warehouse i work in. Lots of buttons, lots of screens, and CCTV

Back