Favorite Summons in the Series

Vote for the best recurring summon

• Total voters
Got to be Odin, a huge demigod type person wearing heavy armour riding a demonic horse who will cut you down and kill you rather than damage you? It was decided for me in IX when he was summoned by the Queen, my jaw literally dropped and I let out an audible "woh"

Bahamut in 2nd because he's the dragon king and I love dragons and he's stupidly powerful and always looks cool.

Alexander 3rd (thinking of him in IX) as holy element always seems to do a shit ton of damage and the FMV where it protects the castle is damn cool.

i am going to go with Shiva of course. She is amazing and her design in FFX was the best, IMO.

Has anyone noticed that we have not seen Ifrit since FFX? Why do they keep replacing him with other fire type Aeons? He could have easily been in XIII as a transformer of some sort.

Bahamut, forever and always. He was the first, the original, and the best. And I like dragons.

I should mention that he looks wicked in FFXIV. My fave design of him is in X though.

I originally voted for Shiva, but I've since changed my mind. Anima is my all time favourite summon in all the games I've played. She's a complete powerhouse, and also has an interesting back story which many of the summons don't have. Her overdrive kills everything in it's path, and since I always take Yuna down Auron's grid, Anima is even more powerful. I wish she was in more games.

I assumed Bahamut was going to be sitting comfortably atop the list. There are quite a lot of summons I like but equally many others I hardly know at all. I'll talk about a few of my favourites.

First of all, I voted for Shiva. She's pretty, she's powerful, she has a massive aura of confidence and in FFX, she deals damage by simply clicking her fingers. I first became fond of her in VIII. The way she breaks out of a massive pillar of ice before basically throwing an ice storm at whatever's cowering in front of her, makes her awesome. On top of that, you couldn't skip the summoning videos in VIII, and hers was one of, if not the shortest, which helps.

Ixion - By IX, I was bored of Ramuh, and Quezacoatl's video in VIII made me feel sick because of the flashing lights. Ixion was a really welcome change. It seemed to come out of a portal from another dimension and it was a pretty speedy skeletal unicorn. I doubt I need to say any more.

Bahamut - Okay, so I usually like dragons, but Bahamut doesn't fit my idea of a dragon. He's powerful, he knows that, and he shows it by chucking a flare in your face while looking on with his arms folded. Which is cool, but for some reason he just didn't hold my interest for too long. He's got me out of trouble before, and Dark Bahamut made me lose my temper so many times, but I just like Shiva better.

Anima - This thing surprised me. Fiends turn up after I've just wiped the floor with the Luca Goers and I expect my next task to be a clean-up job with Auron, his over-sized sword and a flask of booze. But Seymour turns up with a tortured demon and cleans up before I've had time to blink. Why doesn't Anima turn up more often? She's awesome.

Yojimbo - Definitely one of my favourites. Yes, you've got to pay him, but once you work on the sort of hidden relationship-value thing you get with him, then you can gradually get him to be a bit more generous with his heavier attacks. The downside is that he can't use his dog so much if you want that to happen, so that's a downer. His animations great - the cherry blossoms, the moon, and the way he signs "okay" when he uses one of his attacks.

So my favourite is Shiva, next would be Yojimbo and third is Anima :)

Bahamut is always a nice and powerful Summon. Well, he's often the final compulsory summon and if you don't get the optional ones, he's the most powerful in your Summon list.

Zodiark from XII is my fav,he was a real tricky bastard to acquire,but is one of the strongest summons Ive ever seen.Before him though,the classic summon Odin In VI,then being upgraded to Raiden after doing the sidequest was awesome.

Anima was awesome, both in design and in story. Also, I loved the sphere puzzles in FFX and at the time I had caught all the destruction sphere treasures, so when I found out you'd get Seymour's aeon for completing all destruction sphere puzzles I was radiant!
Also, I really liked Exodus and Ultima's designs in FFXII. The whole zodiac-esper thing in FFXII was really cool.

My Favorite summoning is Anima. He looks way cool and he is the 2nd strongest in ff 10. He has a voodoo doll that comes out of his belly and does alot of damage and looks like some boss off of a silent hill game.

How about Griever?

Oh yeah I like shiva too... how can I forget her? Atleast I remembered her now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Although I voted for Bahamut I feel bad Alexander has 0 votes.. Alexander is fucking badass.

Odin is my favorite thoughout the series. most useful usually and can sometimes instant kill!

Like Smiff said though... Alexander is bad ass :(

Anima has the best i can remember, but he isn't a recurring Summon :-( I always considered Bahamut a pretty kickass summon his animation is always spectacular and i just love the fact in FF7 we got 3 different kinds so he has my vote.

Back