Favorite Summon?

^ Even though I agree about what you said of Bahamut in FFX, and that is really cool, and Bahamut is my favourite summon also, but I'd have to say I like his look in FFVII the best, I'd love to see Bahamut appear with that look in much better graphics, that's the one thing about the FFVII one, the graphics are a bit out dated now. xP

~Final Fantasy VII Bahamut Pic (click)~

well as bahumut and shiva have been so over done, i thought i would offer up my favourite which is the choco mog summon whenever you get the fat chocobo... for sheer comedy value this has to be the best summon ever...

Think about it, you're in the last battle (before you are obviously limited to using some lame limit to defeat him)... you use choco mog on Sephiroth and the biggest chocbo you have ever seen in your life sits on top of him... priceless

Maybe Quezacotl from FFVIII. I liked it quite a lot. Or Anima from FFX.

Alexander! Always thought he was one of the coolest summons, being some sort of giant ancient robot angel thing. Such a strange combo, not to mention the fact that he fires laser beams.
I especially loved him in FFIX when he protected the Alexandria castle with his giant wings and then burned Bahamut into oblivion. It was so beautiful. I also liked how they made him so powerful he couldn`t even be summoned in regular battles.

I`m really happy to see him making a return in FFXIII, and the fact that he`s such a staple is even better.

Alexander (the Esper). I think he's the best and the most original. :)

Maduin, Ifrit and Bahamut are other good ones. Diablos was a good one, I think it was cool of them to add Diablos to FFVIA. :P

My fav summon is Bahamut. He is usually the strongest story summon which enables him to have great power and be easily obtainable. I like his attack, mega flare. In recent games, the animation is awesome. I like his design, to. He looks cool and I like the way he flies in onto the battlefield.

What's your favorite summon?

I was wondering if anyone had a favorite summon, and summon animation? Also if they appear in more than one Final Fantasy, which variation of the summon did you like most? Personally, mine was Diablos from Final Fantasy VIII, I thought he was just badass looking and I loved the animation of his attack. I also thought it was really cool the way you had to use the Magic Lamp to get to him, I was pretty surprised when I was teleported into another dimension just for the fight. The whole fight had a really sinister feel to it, it was the first time I died in the game and it happened quite a few times lol.

Last edited:
Thats Diablos friend.

And He was pretty cool its a shame he was replaced by atomos in FFIX of all the Summons to return you would think it be him?

Bahamut for me all the way, with the FFVIII incarnation being my particular favourite.
Its so cool watching the king of GF flying at night on his way to blast some stupird monster.

Its just a shame he did not break the Damage limit of 9999.

Leviathan. I liked that he looked like an asian dragon and his attacked always looked cool. He used to be the king of the summons in the earlier games :D (Bahamut was the God of the summons.) And he was a pain in the ass to fight D:

Favourit Summon: Ifrit

He is a legend of Final Fantasy summons as well as Shiva Ramuh Bahamut Odin etc............But Ifrit is just a beast he may not be the strongest but looks awesome..

But I think the best attacks that any summons do have got to be Bahamut.........he is always the strongest of the traditional Final Fantasy summons.

lol, for some reason my favorite would have to be bismarck the whale. My friends and I would always cheer and make the noise whenever he would get summoned.

Bahamut is my favourite summon. I love dragons & he is powerful. Love the bahamut's from FF7 and 10 :D Very impressive summon in my opinion!

Bahamut I have always loved, throughout the series he was the most powerful till Anima in X. But still i stay faithful to the king of dragons.

I like Ultima. I love her design and I think she looks like a more modern version of an angel. She can spew out some pretty powerful Holy attacks and is immune to a lot of other attacks as well.

Anima without a doubt, from the second you see her annihilate all the fiends in Luca I knew she'd be my favourite if she was accessible. Pain is awesome for the incredibly powerful non-physical or magical properties, not to mention Oblivion's full animation is epicness. Also I think full powered Oblivion hits 1.6 million making it one of the strongest FF attacks ever.

I thought I'd posted in here before... but apparently not :dave:

Well, here goes. My favourite recurring summon is probably Shiva, I like her design and I always have. She may not be the strongest but I've been using her a lot in my most recent playthrough of X because of her high magic value.

I like Yojimbo from X's design a lot, but not so much the way he works, unless he uses Zanmato. The whole motivation thing confused the hell out of me in my first ever playthrough and even though I understand it more now, I prefer summons where you can actually control what they're going to do.

I also like Shemhezai's design in XII, she just looked cool. Never used her that much though.

Back