Favorite Kingdom Hearts Song

Setzer Gabbiani

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
Self explanatory, Which is your favorite Kingdom Hearts song(s)?

My favorite Kingdom Hearts songs are as follow:

Dive into the Heart – Kingdom Hearts

Destiny’s Force – Kingdom Hearts

End of the World – Kingdom Hearts

Hollow Bastion – Kingdom Hearts

Nights of the Cursed – Kingdom Hearts II

Don’t Think Twice – Kingdom Hearts III

Face My Fears – Kingdom Hearts III

This are the Kingdom Hearts songs that I enjoy listening to the most.

My favourites are:
  • Simple and Clean (Opening version) - KH
  • Sanctuary - KH2
  • Face my Fears - KH3
  • Kairi III - KH
  • Friends in my Heart - KH2

Simple and Clean and recently heard Scala Ad Caelum, which was recommended by @Paddy McGee or was it @Dionysos

I’ve been hooked since, and I haven’t even played KH3...

Last edited:
Simple and Clean, Sanctuary, Don't Think Twice and Face My Fears would be the obvious choices for me, however, moving away from those, there are three other theme compositions that are probably my favourites above the lyrical compositions:

- Aqua:

- Roxas:

- Xion:

I have always preferred - and probably always will - darker and sadder contexts in video games, especially in the Kingdom Hearts franchise. I enjoy 'happy-go-lucky' games, but deeper storylines carry a greater weight and strike a more emotional chord with me. Roxas, Xion and Aqua at their core, have deeply sad stories. To have an emotional composition, I think it's imperative that there has to be an equally emotional story behind it, which is why those three compositions resonate with me more.

There is a lady on Youtube, Lizz Robinett, who has created original lyrics that she sings over the theme compositions for Kingdom Hearts (as well as other things) that I stumbled across whilst creating my Xion signature. I think she has done an excellent job in summing up their stories (which will make absolutely zero sense to anyone who hasn't played the franchise):

Easy choice for me, while many don't like the introduction to Kingdom hearts II & this may be considered a nightmare, I find Roxas' Twilight Town theme to be incredibly soothing:

The Afternoon Streets (Kingdom Hearts III)

Kingdom Hearts III’s version of the Twilight Town theme. I love this one so much. It reminded me of when I was younger and Kingdom Hearts II broke my heart with the Roxas storyline at the beginning of the game. This location means a lot to me, and this track captures some of the sadness (but also hope). When I was playing through KH3 I would frequently return to Twilight Town when I was done for the day and just listen to it for a few loops. Or whenever I wanted to read the new character bios and lore dumps on the menu, I’d come here so that this music could play in the background.

Dearly Beloved (any version)

This is the theme for Kingdom Hearts in my opinion. It is simply stunning.

I read a comment on YouTube several months ago (while I was editing Paddy McGee's review for issue 3 of our Timber Maniacs magazine). I have never forgotten it. The comment said: “If this don't get played at my funeral I ain't dying”
I laughed a lot reading it but I totally agree. I can't blame them. :D

Hollow Bastion (Kingdom Hearts)

I also really love Hollow Bastion. It works perfectly as a near-endgame location where monsters are starting to get tougher, whilst also fitting the fallen beauty of the castle itself.

Keyblade Graveyard (Kingdom Hearts III)

Similarly, I actually quite liked the Keyblade Graveyard music in Kingdom Hearts III. It is suspenseful, creepy, and sad. It reminds you of all which had been before, and all that was about to come to a head in the upcoming showdown.

Last edited:
Back