FF Music Favorite FF Music?

(Originally posted in another thread)

I personally think it's (XII soundtrack) the most sophisticated in the series in terms of technical composition. I've been a musician for years now and I mostly listen to composers and artists with complex technical song writing. I have an appreciation for technical musicianship rather than "catchiness" and it ends up being more catchy to me.
I'm not saying Uematsu's merits as a musician is just that he's catchy he's in a very good spot actually, the best musicians are the ones that are both technical and appealing to a wider audience or "catchy". But Hitoshi Sakimoto is more technical than Uematsu which is what I personally prefer.

I have heard little of what resembles Hitoshi's style, the man crafted his own unique sound and is quite diverse. Listen to his work on Valkyria Chronicles, Romeo X Juliet and Vagrant Story I bet you couldn't tell it's the same person. The soundtrack of XII is nothing short of excellent IMO. All the tracks are orchestrated (be it a full orchestra or software) which keeps true to the mature realistic theme of the game (consistent).

The tracks range from grand epic and bombastic (theme of Final Fantasy XII ), to ambient dark and suspensful (Giruvegan's mystery/ The Feywood), to upbeat (Rabanastre), to powerful and authoritative (Theme of the Empire) to shit your pants threatening (Esper Battle) to beautiful and mysterious (Eruyt Village) to melancholic and sorrowful (Seeking Power) and so much more. The arrangements of Nobuo's pieces from earlier titles are also a delight.

I was extremely pleased with the soundtrack as I was extremely pleased with the game. It is my personal favorite and I'm currently studying it. Again I do not view Nobuo Uematsu as any less of a musician FFVII's 'The People Fight more' is what made me want to be a musician in the first place but Sakimoto gets my no. 1 spot on my list.

My Second favorite would be IX or VII. Out of all the songs in-game songs Nobuo wrote I like Melodies of Life the best. I didn't listen to the XIV soundtrack yet, i think it's better if I listen to it while playing the game to make the tracks and the game itself more pleasantly memorable.

For the best track im gonna go with To Zanarkand. IMO it was Uematsu's best piece.

Although i utterly despise FFX-2 i think that 1000 words is one of the best songs in the series.

I very much admire Memory of Lightwaves, the song playing at the FFX-2 menu. It's a beautiful instrumental piece of music and even though the game's not up to my expectations much, I do believe this is one of its few highlights.

Favourite Music

I'm putting this in Dissidia because i don't know where else it should go. if a mod sees this, pleas move this to the appropriate section.

my question is:

what is your favorite music of the final fantasy series? it can be from any FF. it includes all remakes, concert performances etc. if there is a video to your favorite music, link it, don't embed it or it takes up space.

i also put this in dissidia because it is sort of like a compilation of the majority of FF made.

my favorite is FFVII: one winged angel and Main theme of Final Fantasy

Favorite Final Fantasy Song

With all the titles that have been released and the numerous artists who have redone the exceedingly great titles, I ask you, the community...What is your all time favorite Final Fantasy song? Heck which are your favorite top 5 songs? Include the Artist if you know who they are.

Here is my list of songs that still bring chills to my spine whenever I hear them playing (my collection of FF Music exceeds 7 gigabytes)

5. To Zanarkand OST
4. The Skies Above (FFX) by the Black Mages (An excellent band which covers FF songs)
3.Jenova FFVII again the Black Mages make an excellent version
2.Aeris Theme OST
And my number one song would have to be Suteki Da Ne (orchestra version) OST

There are so many more I could name that always bring back fond memories of playing the titles but those are my most favorite. Please share your favorites here as well.

My favorite musics from the series of Final Fantasy that I have played are:

Final Fantasy VII (OST)
-The Chosen One by the Planet
-The Birth of a God
-Still More Fighting

Final Fantasy VIII (OST)
-Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec
-Succession of Witches
-Compression of Time
-Balamb Garden
-Lunatic Pandora
-The Legendary Beast
-The Extreme

Final Fantasy IX (OST)
-Kuja's Theme
-Cid's Theme
-The Final Battle
-The Darkness of Eternity

Final Fantasy X (OST)
-Seymour Battle Theme
-Mount Gagazet

FF9:
Freya's Theme
Burcemia
Melodies of Life

FF7:
One Winged Angel
Aerith's Theme
Cosmo Canyon
Red XIII's Theme

FFX:
Mount Gagazet
To Zanarkand

FFX-2:
Memories of Lightwaves

Crisis Core:
The Burdened
The Price of Freedom (Makes me cry every time)
Why
Night of Seclusion
The World's Enemy (Remix of One Winged Angel)
Fragments of Memories
Successor
Burden of Truth
Under the Apple Tree
Moonlight Wandering
The Summoned
Those Who Accept the Protection of the Stars
Fulfilled Desire (Aerith Theme remix)
A Flower Blooming in the Slums (Another Aerith Theme remix)
Controlling the Iron Beast
Howl of the Gathered

While there are many FF songs I love, Crisis Core is chock full of pure awesomeness, not just game-wise, but definitely in music as well. Some of the remixes (especially The World's Enemy) are better than the original piece it was a remix of.

My favorate would have to be DFF - Cosmos.

It's so beautiful and soothing i even downloaded it and put it in my ipod.

I think such thread exists. Even if it doesn't, I think this fits more in FF general discussion.

anyways, I love the FF soundtracks. They are inspirations for my piano playing. In fact, most songs I play are from the FF piano collections. Let me list the songs that I love, in no order of favorites.

FFI
town theme
castle theme

FFII
can't decide. Just starting the game

FFIII-V - haven't played

FFVI
town theme
terra's theme/world map theme
edgar and sabin's theme

FFVII
main theme
aerith's theme
tifa's theme
OWA
ahead on our way
jenova

FFVIII
fisherman's horizon
balamb garden/ami
eyes on me
find your way

FFIX
melodies of life/world map theme
you're not alone
unrequited love
village of dali
loss of me/beatrix's theme/rose of may

FFX
zanarkand
suteki da ne
hymn of the fayth
yuna's decision/calm lands
people of the far north/servants of the mountain

FFXI & XIV - haven't played

FFXII
Bhujerba
Kiss me goodbye

FFXIII
the promise
Vanille's theme/memories of happier days
hope's theme
blinded by light/lightning's theme

No matter what people say, Masashi Hamazau equalled Nobuo Uematsu with the FFXIII OST, it has some of the best FF tracks in it of all time:

Definitely, I personally thought that there were some songs in the FF13 OST that overcame Uematsu's level (yes i said it) i've said before that Blinded by Light is the best battle theme in the FF series and other songs like Dust to Dust and Fighting Fate were masterpieces.

But apart from the FF13 OST, my favourite overall soundtracks would have to be FF8 (cos its the best FF game ever) and FFX which I recently learnt was done by Masashi Hamazau and Nobuo Uematsu. Shame Masashi didn't get much credit for that one...

FF8 and others

My personal favorite FF music of all time has to be the OST for Final Fantasy VIII. Absolutely loved Uematsu's music for the game.

Here are a couple of personal faves from FFVII
Blue Fields
Dance With The Balamb Fish
Eyes on Me(i know its a love song but sue me)
Liberi Fatali(opening track)
the SeeD theme
Fisherman's Horizon
Martial Law

Personal Faves from other FF games

Real Emotion(FFx-2)
1000 Words(FFx-2)
Memoro de la Stono(FFXI)
Aerith's Theme(FFVII)

And of course

One Winged Angel(FF7 Advent Children version)

Hope you enjoyed the list.

PEACE!!!!

FFVII: Crisis Core
Burden of Truth
Price of Freedom
The World's Enemy
Night of Seclusion
Under the Apple Tree
A Beating Black Wing
Why
Why(CCFFVII Mix)
Scars of Friendship
SOLDIER Battle
Dreams and Pride
The Mako City
The Gloomy Mansion
An Ancient Hymn Sung by the Water

FFVII
Anxious Heart
The Nightmare Begins
Chasing the Black Caped Man
Goodnight Until Tomorrow
Costa Del Sol
J-E-N-O-V-A
Off the Edge of Despair
Cid's Theme
Jenova Absolute
One Winged Angel

FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus
Calm Before the Storm
Fragment of Memory
Silent Edge
Sneaky Cait Sith
Longing(Gackt)
Redemption(Gackt)
Chaotic End
Hope of the Future

FFIII
Prelude
Battle theme 1
Battle theme 2
Chocobo's Theme
Dancer's Dance
Dark Crystal
Crystal Tower
Ending Theme 1-2-3

moz-screenshot-4.jpg

Best Music Track in Final Fantasy?

As the title states, pick a song from a FF game and explain eloquently why you believe it is the best, along with an example of the track if you can find one.

(By the way, if it isn't from FFIX, you're wrong.)

My choice would have to be The Soulless Village Bran Bal from FFIX. It was a close call between this and You're Not Alone, but this wins out because it fits perfectly with the Zidane's melancholy feelings after finally finding his home and finding the truth of himself. Not to mention it's a perfect lead up to the Master of Time and You're Not Alone tracks. Played in a three-piece, these are the most eloquent and emotional songs available in an RPG today I believe. I even finished my Piano examinations by playing these live in a concert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai4mbIP4vbM&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEpCUyTS5Pw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI5fD7Jbnuw&feature=related

Back