FF Music Favorite FF Music?

I used to play many FF themes in my old band (The Jenova Project :P) a coupla years back, twas all black mages stylee :-) and nothing beat playing Vamo alla Flamenco (FFIX) live, just sounds shit-hot through electric guitars n synths.

However in the context of the actual game OSTs i would have to go with:

3: The Extreme (When Battling True Ultimecia in FF8)
2: Pandemonium. The Castle Frozen in time (FF9 when in pandemonium)
1: Prologue or Final Fantasy Theme (The tune at the very beggining of most of the FF Games, notably 7 and 12)

So i reckon The FF Prologue has to be the best since it links most of the games together and gives ya full on nostalgia right from the beggining, my other two choices send shivers up my spine when i hear em and give off a shitload of atmosphere.

X-2's music because of how fun and cool it is.

I totally agree with you! I liked how different X-2's music was compared to other Final Fantasies. It had that fun, upbeat j-pop feeling to it.X3
I also just recently started liking VI's music too. Dancing Mad has to be my favorite of them all.:P

Found X-2's music to be a bit lame as I'm not into j-pop. However, FF XII music was OK as it had that sense of Mystery and Adventure when you are exploring areas of Ivalice.

The OST to FFVII was the best in my opinion. There wasn't one song on there I didnt like.
Every piece of music intricatly fitted the story. Also the music was catchy, I still get the Cosmo Canyon music stuck in my head...

I love Liberi Fatali from FFVIII. Tis very epic. kinda gives you chills. And i also love Eyes on me from said fantasy, i think the song fits perfectly with the momentand is just super nice :)
Also love 1000 words, which to be honest when i first heard i didnt like as im not really into that kinda music, but its dead catchy!
all the chocobo music is great too, favourits probably being IX's ukule de chocobo and electric de chocobo from VII :D

if anyone here listens to FF music... If so, what's your favorite FF song? =] ... I do~ I love all the songs but right now I'm often listening to the price of freedom and fullfilled desire what...
5ff6f6eb-31ad-4903-a3c3-4c9283fcde8b.jpg

Totally forgot I posted in this thread. Since my picks were changed since the last time I posted here, I'll post what I like now.

Rebel Army Theme (FFII)
Rating: 4.5/5

I love this song. It really adds to the scene where you meet Princess Hilda. I especially love the acoustic guitar solo.

Battle 2 (FFII)
Rating: 4/5
The final battle with the Emperor, you feel a bit nervous. This song doesn't help you, but hey, it tells you that you need to get serious or the guy will wipe the floor with you.

Outlaws (FFIX)
Rating: 4.5
I think this is a slightly better version than the Theme of the Tantalus, but both are great. All the cutscenes with the Tantalus crew, if not most of them, were comical, and both songs added to this. I love them.

Eiko's Theme (FFIX)
Rating: 5/5
I listened to all character themes, and believe it or not Kuja's comes as a close second. But Eiko, aside from being my favorite White Mage of all time, has the best theme in my opinion. Whenever I'm happy, this theme plays in my head. It just soothes me.

Kuja's Theme -Millennium Version- (FFIX)
Rating: 4.8/5
The theme played in Kuja's Palace and some Kuja cutscenes, maybe perhaps a rip-off of "We Will Rock You." Still, Kuja's pretty evil. The clothes don't make the man. His actions do. And his theme song. :)

Seymour's Ambition (FFX)
Rating: 4.6/5
I thought Seymour was a good guy the first time I saw him, but after hearing his theme my thoughts were beginning to change. The first fight with him wiped off any doubts I had about him being the baddie (and this song was playing. Go figure.)

Favorite soundtrack overall: IV--there's not a single song I didn't like--even the battle music didn't bother me, and it actually had my favorite boss battle music in the series, which it's rare for me to even like that at all. Prefer the original SNES sound version, too--some of the DS themes have been improved a little, but a lot of my faves were revised or simplified in ways I didn't really care for.

Close runner-up: VI. Loved almost all the songs, and there were some really catchy ones that pop into my head all the time. Also love that the soundtrack (3 CDS :awesome:) didn't leave anything out that I can think of.

Fave songs:

III--"Dorga and Unne's Theme"--haven't played the game yet, but heard the music box version in IX and looked this one up. Just really dreamy and awesome :)

IV--"Into The Darkness" -the common cave theme (going to Mist, etc.) Has an ethereal ballroom-dancing-in-the-underworld feel to it :wacky:

VI--"Epitaph" -plays in my fave scene where Setzer is
remembering Daryl
:sad2: Hard to decide between this one and "Coin of Fate" though--it's a toss-up :smartass:

VII--"Interrupted by Fireworks" -plays when
Cait Sith sacrifices himself
--just a really sweet tune :inlove:

IX--"Song of Memories" -the one Dagger sings in Lindblum Castle. Has the sound of someone humming to themselves which makes it really carefree and lofty. :)

X--"To Zanarkand" -I love how it repeats so seamlessly, it adds to the pensive feeling of it.

XII--"Eruyt Village" -the part where the high strings come in over the floaty harp is like blinding light pouring in through a window, just totally immersive. :faint:

FF=amazing music :D

VI and VIII have the best music by a long way imo. Awakening(VI), Celes Theme(VI), Dancing Mad(VI), The Landing(VIII), The Extreme(VIII), Liberi Fatali(VIII) are just a few of many which are simply fantastic..

My favorite is;

1000Words.

[Mod Edit: Can you please expand on your posts in post count sections. One liners are classed as spam in post count sections and may be deleted next time. Thanks. =)]

Last edited by a moderator:
I love To Zanarkand. I think that's possibly the best music in the series, or at least in my opinion.

I also love One Winged Angel and Aerith's theme from VII, and 1000 words from X-2.

Interrupted by Fireworks, FFVII soundtrack.

This song is gorgeous... :ryan: Along with, (which I think I already stated) Tifa's theme, and the Nibelheim theme, and Off the Edge of Despair...

They're all so gorgeous... :ryan: (Goes to listen to them)

I've tried to decide on which was my favourite many times in the past and it's been quite a challenge, trying to commit to a single favourite.

What I have found though, and I don't doubt this (at least for myself), is that the soundtrack I love most is the one I've gone longest without hearing; whichever game I've gone longest without playing.
Each game's soundtrack has its own unique highlights and sounds to offer, there's no way one can be the best.. that is, at least for the ones Nobuo Uematsu composed. The others are mostly garbage compared to his. And I say mostly because there are a few exceptions for each (XII had a few good ones, though I found the rest completely bland).

Mine is the same as Colours. But I also really love Cloud's FFVII theme and Aerith's death song. They're just so sad and so beautiful.

Looking at those two songs as just songs, they're amazing. I don't even see them as game music, just beautiful music.

Darn, I can't really choose. But most of the songs I like are from FFVII and VIII
I really love Cid's theme, Cosmo Canyon, Red XIII's theme,
From FFVIII I really loved The extreme, shuffle or boogy, The castle, the landing, The legendary beast, Man with the machine gun. Almost everything actually XD
From FFX I love To Zanerkand, the last Seymour battle and the ending theme.
From the other games I don't really have favorites, havent listened much to the other OSTS

It's kind of hard for me to pick an absolute favorite, but right now the Final Fantasy XIII battle theme is stuck in my head lol.

aaaaaaa so hard to choose, i suppose the battle music against seymour omnis is perhaps my favourite, just makes me goo yeahhh, YOUR GOIN DOWN GUADO!!! ffx has the best music in my opinion

1D from the Final Fantasy XIV OST, I don't know what it's called yet since the track list hasn't been released but it's by far my favourite Final Fantasy track of all the games. THIS is what gaming music should sound like, it's pretty amazing.

Back